West Tennessee Basketball: What happened you guys?

triathlete

I find it very amusing all you west tennessee basketball geniuses who say " The West is Best" came up with one out of three gold balls. Heck, you all let Maryville win it and they can't even fit a ring on those fingers cause of football. Im from the east and WE know how to win. More talent does not = better teams.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year was a one year anomilee...

-West Tn has DOMINATED AA and AAA for years now.

-The best team in all of HS ball this year was Liberty, from the West...

-The best team in AAA did not make it to State tourney (Raleigh Egypt upset by Ridgeway), though AAA all around was very down from years past...

-The best team in Class A (no offense to Temple cause it's close) also did not make it to State (another thrilling upset along the way in the rigorous West). 3 of the Top 4 in Class A were west TN (Union City, Lake Co, Temple, Humbolt)...

-Heck West Tn even brought home a gold ball in D-II, which has not been a west forte

-West Tn was 3 for 3 in Mr. Basketball winners

-Simply put, the deepest talent pool in the state is clearly in the west. In a single elimination tourney (which Substate thru state finals is) anything can happen, and often top West tn/Memphis teams knock eachother out before even reaching the Boro...

Of course all of this being said, congrats to Maryville and Temple!! Both teams earned their Gold Balls, and I'm not trying to take anything away from either. Both were well coached, played hard, and did what it took to bring home championships... just stating the obvious about West TN hoops...

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826418371[/snapback]Yeah, but we spell better in East Tennessee, and it we're not sure it was an anomaly. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Its hard to correct someone on their spelling when your sentence doesn't make sense. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826418361[/snapback]This year was a one year anomilee...

-The best team in AAA did not make it to State tourney (Raleigh Egypt upset by Ridgeway), though AAA all around was very down from years past...

-The best team in Class A (no offense to Temple cause it's close) also did not make it to State (another thrilling upset along the way in the rigorous West). 3 of the Top 4 in Class A were west TN (Union City, Lake Co, Temple, Humbolt)...

-Heck West Tn even brought home a gold ball in D-II, which has not been a west forte

-Simply put, the deepest talent pool in the state is clearly in the west. In a single elimination tourney (which Substate thru state finals is) anything can happen, and often top West tn/Memphis teams knock eachother out before even reaching the Boro...

Of course all of this being said, congrats to Maryville and Temple!! Both teams earned their Gold Balls, and I'm not trying to take anything away from either. Both were well coached, played hard, and did what it took to bring home championships... just stating the obvious about West TN hoops...

I agree.

You can't take anything away from Temple and Maryville because they've earned their gold balls. Temple has been one of the top teams in A for a little while now. But, I still think the best team in AAA watched the state tournament from their couch. They can only blame their selves for not making it. Temple and Union City would make for a great game. It just comes down to the fact that coming out of the west is harder than coming out of the east.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826418386[/snapback]I agree.

You can't take anything away from Temple and Maryville because they've earned their gold balls. Temple has been one of the top teams in A for a little while now. But, I still think the best team in AAA watched the state tournament from their couch. They can only blame their selves for not making it. Temple and Union City would make for a great game. It just comes down to the fact that coming out of the west is harder than coming out of the east.

quote: "It just comes down to the fact that coming out of the west is harder than coming out of the east."

Best statement I've heard and completely true. That's the best way to put it.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826418379[/snapback]Its hard to correct someone on their spelling when your sentence doesn't make sense. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Maybe we can use the team approach. If someone else will type it, I can do the spell check! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

so u all actually think that west tn won't be back next year? this is a first 4 me watchin a 3a team from east win it!!!!!! THAT WAS NOT GOOD CLARKSVILLE MADE A DUMB MISTAKE BY CHASIN AFTER A MAN WIT THREE PLAYERS!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO STUPID!!!!! THE GUY COULD HAVE SAT IN A CHAIR AND HIT THE THREE!!!!! NEVER WILL EAST TN BALL BE BETTER THAT WEST AND MIDDLE!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Rise n Shine @ Mar 20 2007 - 12:12 PM) 826418487[/snapback]so u all actually think that west tn won't be back next year? this is a first 4 me watchin a 3a team from east win it!!!!!! THAT WAS NOT GOOD CLARKSVILLE MADE A DUMB MISTAKE BY CHASIN AFTER A MAN WIT THREE PLAYERS!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO STUPID!!!!! THE GUY COULD HAVE SAT IN A CHAIR AND HIT THE THREE!!!!! NEVER WILL EAST TN BALL BE BETTER THAT WEST AND MIDDLE!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Who said W. Tennessee ball will not be back next year?

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826418361[/snapback]This year was a one year anomilee...

I refuse to argue with you gomab! You are the guru. I mean that. You obviously know what you are talking about.

My question is, "Why do you think basketball is better/deeper in West TN? Is it coaching, better AAU programs, greater emphasis on the sport, or what?" What is your opinion as to why?