West Tennessee Basketball: What happened you guys?

triathlete

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 23 2007 - 12:48 AM) 826420819[/snapback]Hey guess what if you are better...YOU WIN!!!- The better teams win the teams that aren't as good lose.....and if you peak in the middle of the year or end of the season...you aren't one of the better teams....TEMPLE WAS THE BEST TEAM IN CLASS A I THINK THEY HAVE A BIG GOLD BALL THAT SAYS SO!!! (you can come kiss it if you want to)

Oh and I don't care who your a fan of you are ignorant and wrong...

I'm far from ignorant and wrong but you're lurking closer with your every breath...Humboldt played ONE HALF and should've beaten Temple or atleast taken them to overtime but I don't even wanna get into that...Yes, Humboldt isn't near as well coached or disciplined as Temple and it most definitely showed...But, anyone who's seen Humboldt play all year will tell you that the game vs Temple was one of the worst they've played all year...They didn't even play to their ability in the second half when Temple didn't know what hit them...Tell me, if Temple is SO disciplined, how do you lose a 19 point lead in the 3rd quarter? With no shot clock, it's HARD to lose a lead like that in a high school game between two supposedly even matched teams...And no, the better teams don't always win, contrary to your beliefs...If the better teams always won, there would be no point in playing the games...It's called an upset and Temple pulled one off...End of story

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I have sat back and watched this debate for a while and wanted to keep quiet but can't any longer. First, congrats to Temple on winning the state. You guys earned the gold ball BUT it helped that you traveled down a much easier path to get it than the teams from the west. I look and see you beat a Humbolt team that was THIRD in their district with a combined 2 and 4 record against the top two Union City and Lake Co. in their own district, by 2 points and Humbolt gave it away at the end by poor judgment. People can say Union City choked, Lake Co. choked or whatever, but the bottom line is that because the district is so tuff these guys have to play at a high level EVERY night. One off night and bang your season is gone. CSAS drew a cakewalk bracket to the final with Westside and Culleoka. The state championship was really decided when Temple beat Humbolt. the final game was a formality. In tourney play upsets happen it is seen every year in the NCAA. IMO, and it doesn't count for much, out of the teams I saw play I feel that Union City was the best A team, followed closely by Lake Co., Temple and Humbolt. We all know the more times you play a team the harder it is to beat them and the 3rd time was the charm for Humbolt and Trenton vs. UC and Lake Co. To sum up it was Temple's year congrats on the gold ball but be thankful the upsets happened to make your run a little easier. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(red_16 @ Mar 24 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826421550[/snapback]I'm far from ignorant and wrong but you're lurking closer with your every breath...Humboldt played ONE HALF and should've beaten Temple or atleast taken them to overtime but I don't even wanna get into that...Yes, Humboldt isn't near as well coached or disciplined as Temple and it most definitely showed...But, anyone who's seen Humboldt play all year will tell you that the game vs Temple was one of the worst they've played all year...They didn't even play to their ability in the second half when Temple didn't know what hit them...Tell me, if Temple is SO disciplined, how do you lose a 19 point lead in the 3rd quarter? With no shot clock, it's HARD to lose a lead like that in a high school game between two supposedly even matched teams...And no, the better teams don't always win, contrary to your beliefs...If the better teams always won, there would be no point in playing the games...It's called an upset and Temple pulled one off...End of story

Well I guess if you want to dissect the game and the teams...allow me to do it CORRECTLY!! First Humboldt may have only played one half...but Temple played the way they can only ONE QUARTER!!! They played awful (one of the worst half's I have seen all year (losing a 19 point lead proves that)...and played a shaky in the first quarter.... YOU call it an upset when the #2 team beats the #4 team in the state??? check your math you may have your numbers mixed up...2 beating 4 is NOT an upset... an upset is when UC gets beat by HUmboldt...

answer me this question who WAS better (and we only have one meeting to go off of) Temple of Humboldt??? Who won?

Thank you.....and if you still want to lick the gold ball im going to charge you a dollar....simply because of your ignorance...oh wait you said you weren't ignorant...so you must not be!!! (what an ignorant comment) haha

QUOTE(Norman Dale @ Mar 22 2007 - 09:18 PM) 826420668[/snapback]LOL. Union City didn't even make the Class A state tourney, but they can beat the AAA state champs. Pretty funny stuff.

My friend, your credibility is gone with that statement. If you are going to make wild statements, why not get on here and say Union City would have beaten Liberty, also. If you are all talk, why not shoot for the stars?

Liberty??...No,Union City would not have beaten Liberty.....But,I will tell you this....Union City would have come closer to beating Liberty than any of those teams that the Crusaders did beat.....See Norm,you didn't see Union City,neither did iownyou,mockballer,ul or anybody else out east talking about Union City....The people in West Tennessee that did see Union City will tell you straight up the best team in the state didn't win the tournament...But back to your Liberty statement...Union City's only senior on the team,Jeremy Simpson,was 2-1 in his career against Liberty...Until this year,Union City and Liberty had played 2 of the 4 years(twice in one year) that Liberty has been a school....Bet you didn't know that did you??See,naming those types of names don't really bother UC fans because they go out play the bigger schools every year...UC doesn't water their schedule down to pad their win total...Union City is in a ten team district and has to play 18 1A teams,they didn't schedule any other 1A teams,non-district....And we are talking about a program tied for third in the state amongst all schools in Tennessee with 4 state titles....And Union City has ended their last three seasons either as the state's #1 ranked team or state champion with over 90 wins and 30 wins each of the last three years.....Humboldt played out of their minds and beat the Tornadoes by three points..Such is life in West Tennessee....It must be really nice to be able to play in an area with one,maybe two decent teams...Temple would have been hard pressed to finish fourth in District 14A,they barely beat Humboldt with Humboldt playing about as bad as they can play....And again,people in West Tennessee know this....People at Brentwood Acd,White House and other folks in Middle Tennessee that saw the Tornadoes play in Nashville will tell you too.....I've been to a lot of state tournaments and this year was by far the weakest as whole in 1A.....And are you actually saying Union City beating Maryville or Temple would be a stretch??..That's what is funny....But,what do I know??...I just saw the teams in question play....

REBELRON.....Douglas would never have been able to keep up....There wasn't a team in the tournament that played the style Union City played(Closest being Liberty and even they didn't run nearly as much as Union City)...He would have been as useless as the big Gaines kid from White House was against UC....Reminder:This isn't football where Maryville is the most dominant thing going.....

Douglas kept up with great athletic teams like Whites Creek,Science Hill,Bearden,Alcoa,Clarksville,Oak Ridge and Bradley Central. You also have to look at the athletes Douglas has competed against in football. Melrose,Alcoa,Hillsboro and Red Bank were very athletic.

You keep dogging Temple. Those guys have won 3 out of the last 5 state titles. They must be doing something right. You keep saying Humboldt played bad vs Temple. You reckon Temple may have had something to do with that bad play?

QUOTE(REBELRON @ Mar 24 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826421614[/snapback]Douglas kept up with great athletic teams like Whites Creek,Science Hill,Bearden,Alcoa,Clarksville,Oak Ridge and Bradley Central. You also have to look at the athletes Douglas has competed against in football. Melrose,Alcoa,Hillsboro and Red Bank were very athletic.

You keep dogging Temple. Those guys have won 3 out of the last 5 state titles. They must be doing something right. You keep saying Humboldt played bad vs Temple. You reckon Temple may have had something to do with that bad play?

Union City would DRILL Temple also...I don't care what anyone has to say...from seeing Union City play 1 time this year and seeing Temple play 3 time this year when it mattered most....I would have to fall towards UC....I'd give it to Temple...you'd finish 3rd in 14a after Union City, Lake Co., and before Humboldt....however you would NOT make it out of regionals unless an "upset" happens...Lake Co. and Temple would probably be a good game IMO with Lake Co. winning by 15 just because Lake Co. has more athletes...Temple would be able to cruise past Trenton and would also make another good game with Humboldt....FACE IT!!! UNION CITY IS THE BEST IN 1A IN THE STATE!! YOU MAY HAVE A GOLD BALL THIS YEAR!!! but look for Union City to take it back next year!!!

These West Tennessee fans are hilarious. Yep....the best team in 1A was a team that didn't even get to the dance. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sounds like a bunch of delusional Alabama fans. I always thougth the tougher the road...the better the competition....the better you play.....and become a better team. I didn't realize that if you play better competition you become worse... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Bottom line West Tennessee fans....the excuse making is ridiculous and pathetic.

Douglass would have been fine against anybody in the state..... Actually I didn't see anybody in the tournament that could match his strength in the paint.... oh..and no way Maryville would have pressed Liberty like Mitchell and other teams did. I found it incredible that Mitchell kept pressing as Liberty destroyed their press virtually every possession. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered in the end but it was not too smart on behalf of the coaching staff to stay in a press that wasn't working....JMO.

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 24 2007 - 04:48 PM) 826421650[/snapback]Union City would DRILL Temple also...I don't care what anyone has to say...from seeing Union City play 1 time this year and seeing Temple play 3 time this year when it mattered most....I would have to fall towards UC....I'd give it to Temple...you'd finish 3rd in 14a after Union City, Lake Co., and before Humboldt....however you would NOT make it out of regionals unless an "upset" happens...Lake Co. and Temple would probably be a good game IMO with Lake Co. winning by 15 just because Lake Co. has more athletes...Temple would be able to cruise past Trenton and would also make another good game with Humboldt....FACE IT!!! UNION CITY IS THE BEST IN 1A IN THE STATE!! YOU MAY HAVE A GOLD BALL THIS YEAR!!! but look for Union City to take it back next year!!!

You guys are incredible.......... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> If Union City was so good then why were they NOT at the tournament??????????????? Come on...tell us why.

Get ready for excuse number 173.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> sad...just sad!

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 24 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826421650[/snapback]Union City would DRILL Temple also...I don't care what anyone has to say...from seeing Union City play 1 time this year and seeing Temple play 3 time this year when it mattered most....I would have to fall towards UC....I'd give it to Temple...you'd finish 3rd in 14a after Union City, Lake Co., and before Humboldt....however you would NOT make it out of regionals unless an "upset" happens...Lake Co. and Temple would probably be a good game IMO with Lake Co. winning by 15 just because Lake Co. has more athletes...Temple would be able to cruise past Trenton and would also make another good game with Humboldt....FACE IT!!! UNION CITY IS THE BEST IN 1A IN THE STATE!! YOU MAY HAVE A GOLD BALL THIS YEAR!!! but look for Union City to take it back next year!!!

Ho Hum. We've heard this chatter all year. Like I said before: "Don't Tell Me How Good You Are -- Show Me."

QUOTE(moc3balla @ Mar 24 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826421677[/snapback]Ho Hum. We've heard this chatter all year. Like I said before: "Don't Tell Me How Good You Are -- Show Me."

Ok...OVERALL....not just team v. team....OVERALL IN 1a....what part of the state is the best....don't be telling me east either....CSAS was not good....Culleoka was average....Temple was good....Grace didn't make it so that has to go with Union City deal....Humboldt would've killed CSAS, Westside, Culleoka, they beat Wartburg and I would say Humboldt and Temple are average against each other....If Temple is so remarkable like ya'll claim why did they not keep that 19 point lead and end up winning by atleast 20??? Humboldt came out and knocked them in the jaw and made a game of it against the 3RD BEST TEAM IN 14A!!! I'm telling you...if you played in the west your record would be maybe 25-10 at best!!! especially playing in 14a.... Maryville IMO was a pretty good team...mainly funadmental team...However I'm from the west and Oakland was the best team that I saw in AAA in the state tourny...the best team doesn't always win!!!

You Union City guys are unbelievable! You talked all season long about how you were the State Champions and made the rest of us feel as though we should just go ahead give you the gold ball and move on to baseball and quit wasting our time. You did not even play in the region championship game and advance to the substate. You were not at the state tournament and now a week after the season is dead and gone you are still talking about how good you are and how you would drill Temple. It is easy to talk, obviously. Keep on talking about shoulda, woulda, coulda, if it makes you feel good.

The night Humboldt played Union City, Humboldt was the better team. The day Humboldt played Temple, Temple was the better team. Union City is not part of the equation. It is ignorant to continue on talking about how you can beat a team that you have not played. You do not know what you can do against Temple. The truth is, Temple would probably beat you to death and you would still be on here whining about how good you are.