West Tennessee Basketball: What happened you guys?

triathlete

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 25 2007 - 06:15 PM) 826422382[/snapback]I would like to know the three times iownyou saw Union City play.....

I saw 2 humboldt games.....1 game humboldt lost and then I saw the game that Humboldt won...I also saw UC destroy some pitiful team..oh yea Big stacy or some girls name...they were absolutely TERRIBLE....waste of my time....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826422526[/snapback]

So Indian....are saying all that typing I have done the last three days is meaningless?...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I would tend to agree but the banter and reading what the UC sheep were saying was fun and hilarious.

Maybe not totally meaningless, but it would be very hard to measure, especially when so many schools really couldn't be considered east or west. Even in the middle section, the teams at the Kentucky border have nothing to do with those at the Alabama border, so how can you say their success or lack of success contributes to the middle being good or bad? I think what I am trying to say is that other than state championships, you can't compare the state's three areas, and even using them, the next five or six top teams in a particular class might be from another section of the state so how do you decide which area is better? You can look at signees, but some Divsion I players flop and some smaller level signees end up playing much better than their division so that's not always telling, either. There are great players and teams all over the state.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826422017[/snapback]Explain.......Don't just lay a random comment out there back it up....

You said that Douglas would have been "useless" against your highly vaunted UC team. That is the most ridiculous comment made in this whole thread. Douglas is not one of those big guys who lags up and down the court that you have to wait on before you can run your half-court set. Often, he lead's the break for Maryville. And he can do it for 32 minutes.

There were several teams at the 'boro that on any given day could have lined up and beaten Maryville. There was no question that Liberty was the most dominant team there. But the bottom line ... #1 - Maryville didn't have to play Liberty. #2 - None of the teams that did play Maryville could manage to beat them when it mattered. #3 - UC WASN'T EVEN AT THE DANCE.