West Tennessee Basketball: What happened you guys?

triathlete

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 24 2007 - 03:58 PM) 826421658[/snapback]

You guys are incredible.......... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> If Union City was so good then why were they NOT at the tournament??????????????? Come on...tell us why.

Get ready for excuse number 173.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> sad...just sad!

Where was the best 4-A team in the state during the 2003 Football State Championships?

Upsets do happen. especially when you play a good opponent more than once during the season.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826422031[/snapback]Where was the best 4-A team in the state during the 2003 Football State Championships?

Upsets do happen. especially when you play a good opponent more than once during the season.

Goodness that is a reach. Maryville lost to a solid Mo West team and IMO if they would have defeated Mo West they were not going to beat Hillsboro that year. 2003 was not a great team by Maryville standards.

So now you are saying UC....a team that didn't make the dance in 1A, would have beat the team that won 3A....right? That Maryville would have had match up problems... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You are right....I didn't see UC mainly because they DIDN"T make the tournament in 1A.

Time to move on I guess. You UC guys are wayyyyyyyyyyyy to intelligent for the rest of us....... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826422046[/snapback]So now you are saying UC....a team that didn't make the dance in 1A, would have beated the team that won 3A....right? That Maryville would have had match up problems... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You are right....I didn't see UC mainly because they DIDN"T make the tournament in 1A.

Time to move on I guess. You UC guys are wayyyyyyyyyyyy to intelligent for the rest of us....... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Nope, I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is that upsets do happen when you play an opponent more than once in a season, especially when the opponent is pretty good.

MO. West upset Maryville and then they went on to get beat soundly by Hillsboro. A lot of people, including Maryville fans, don't think the best team out of the East bracket made it to the 'boro. Which is my point, I don't think the best team out of the West Bracket made it to the boro.

I agree with IWONYOU in a way, I believe Temple and Union City were the best teams in 1A, and I think it would have been a great game.

You don't have to to agree with me MLREB, but how many Maryville fans have posted on this very site that "we would have 75 straight games if not for an upset by Mo. West". Check and see how many times that one game has been referenced on this site. And then you want to call the people from the west ignorant for saying the same thing in basketball?

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 25 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826422091[/snapback]Nope, I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is that upsets do happen when you play an opponent more than once in a season, especially when the opponent is pretty good.

MO. West upset Maryville and then they went on to get beat soundly by Hillsboro. A lot of people, including Maryville fans, don't think the best team out of the East bracket made it to the 'boro. Which is my point, I don't think the best team out of the West Bracket made it to the boro.

I agree with IWONYOU in a way, I believe Temple and Union City were the best teams in 1A, and I think it would have been a great game.

You don't have to to agree with me MLREB, but how many Maryville fans have posted on this very site that "we would have 75 straight games if not for an upset by Mo. West". Check and see how many times that one game has been referenced on this site. And then you want to call the people from the west ignorant for saying the same thing in basketball?

I was at the game and I'm not one of them. Upset?.....maybe but not much of one. IMO Mo West was just as good over all.

Additionally....I NEVER called anybody ignorant. I searched every post and didn't find the word "ignorant" used.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826422019[/snapback]You know,even though UC didn't win the title /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ....I think if they did /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ,I could think of something else better to curl up with /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ....

He should be curled up next to it...they only come around once every 4 or 5 years!!!

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 25 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826422099[/snapback]

I was at the game and I'm not one of them. Upset?.....maybe but not much of one. IMO Mo West was just as good over all.

Additionally....I NEVER called anybody ignorant. I searched every post and didn't find the word "ignorant" used.

Well, maybe not you, but other Reb fans and a whole bunch of Chatt. Town fans.

I got to see both Temple and Union City play this year. I also got to see Humboldt play, and it was a big upset for Union City not to make it to the boro. I admit that I never saw Lake Co., and they were the team to put Union City out, but I can say that Humboldt would lose 9 out of 10 times to Union City. Doesn't matter now, Temple took care of business and Union City didn't.

I think Union City believed all the hype the people put on here about them being unbeatable. IMO, I think will be back and they won't buy into the hype next season. Remind you of a team you know? Whats happened to Mo. West everytime Maryville has played them since that loss. Any other playoff game may be close, but the one between Maryville and Mo. West always has the biggest point spread. Lesson learned.

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826422046[/snapback]So now you are saying UC....a team that didn't make the dance in 1A, would have beat the team that won 3A....right? That Maryville would have had match up problems... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Who cares the classification...Brentwood Acadamy is D.II and Union City lost by 2 to them...White House is AA...Union City MURDERED them!!!! classifications are just the class that your put in...has nothing to do with talent!!!!

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 25 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826422118[/snapback]There's only one West Tennessee basketball.....and it's District 12 AA. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

No one can argue with that one.

I think Union City believed all the hype the people put on here about them being unbeatable. IMO, I think will be back and they won't buy into the hype next season. Remind you of a team you know? Whats happened to Mo. West everytime Maryville has played them since that loss. Any other playoff game may be close, but the one between Maryville and Mo. West always has the biggest point spread. Lesson learned.

Not sure I understand what point you are tying to make but every game since 2003 Maryville has been MUCH better than MO West and it has shown in the final score. In 2003 Mo West was at least on par with Maryville and it wasn't an upset that they beat them.

Finally....I am done this the dilusional bunch of UC fans. Here is a suggestion..... buy a bunch of trophies.... put together a parade....and take it down main street celebrating the the 1A state....overall state....and the national highschool mythical champions. Have fun and make sure you say hello to the tooth fairy...Santa Claus.....and the Easter Bunny along yourparade route. ...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You guys are pathetic!!!