Smyrna 2007

january25

"florida sent the receivers coach

I dont know where johnson is getting his incorrect info about "what position he would play?"

every single school is looking at him as a wr and a wr only. At Tennessee he has been told he is being recruited for the Departed Meachum spot.

I don't even like those recruitng mags and think they are way over rated but the proof is who shows up

for rod this spring

phil fulmer

david cutcliff

steve spurier jr

floridas wr coach

michigan assistant was in yesterday

saban is coming

"

Look, I'm not going to get into a argument on this board about how a kid is being recruited but if you think every school is recruiting Rod as a receiver then your information is incorrect and even some of the schools you've mentioned are not set on him being a receiver at the next level. Why people are taken a back by this is beyond me, do you care that the kid is going to play major college football...or just what position he'll play when he gets there? Also, what a kid thinks he's being told now, is not how it always plays out once you get to school. Really don't see the need to be defensive about it.

Another thing, I don't know why Tennessee would be telling him he's being recruited for the departed Meachem spot when there's already signed O'Neal and Paige...two guys that are supposed to be of the same ilk of Meachem. They also just picked up a commitment from a kid out of Florida that looks quite comparable to Rod [though I've seen Rod play about 6 times in the past 2 years, as well as 7-on-7's. All I've seen of Bell is some one-on-ones from a nike...and I think Rod is better].

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(82cat @ May 2 2007 - 06:10 AM) 826449698[/snapback]really?

tell me who have you spoke with that sees rod as a db???? shows you may not be as enlightened as you say

I have been present and spoke to the following coaches this week who all see rod as a big time wr

phil fulmer

david cutcliff

steve spurrier jr

floridas asssitant coach

saban is comimng in this week or early next week

I would say he is one of the most highly recruited wr in the state and the list speaks for itsself

rods big game performances

semi finals oohtelwah - 3 tds

finals ravenwood - 3 tds and bcbs mvp

I would have to agree with the cat, Rod is has big time written all over him. Everyone needs to try to be objective. As for Rod not showing up in the Riverdale games, give me a break.

QUOTE(StorkMontgomery @ May 2 2007 - 11:34 AM) 826449991[/snapback]Let’s just wait until The Army Bowl Committee makes their selection. In my opinion that is what I use to measure the skill.

To say anybody is the best is tough. Every kid has their night during the season. Golden Tate was an excellent player but he was not good enough to make the squad for the Army Game. There was 635 D-1 athletes at the San Antonio Combine in January. Rod was first team he looked unbelievable. Spurlock is a great football player but he is not the best. Most of the guys I filmed in January were 6’7” and 300 + . These guys were monsters. But who am I.

You make a good point Stork......just who are you? Have you played college football? Have you coached college football? With a name like stork, you must be Ted "Stork" Hendrixs?

It's official. Wilks was offered by Florida, Michigan, and South Carolina over the weekend. Oh yea and Kentucky too.

That's awesome for Rod. However, he was said to have already had a Michigan offer over 3 months ago. Was that a conditional or verbal offer back in February and now he's finally received a written one? Just asking.

Stork, you are well respected by me for your videos you have done over the years. As far as I go, I'm just saying that the US Army game is overblown and even college coaches would say that.

QUOTE(JesseWJohnson @ May 7 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826453689[/snapback]That's awesome for Rod. However, he was said to have already had a Michigan offer over 3 months ago. Was that a conditional or verbal offer back in February and now he's finally received a written one? Just asking.

Stork, you are well respected by me for your videos you have done over the years. As far as I go, I'm just saying that the US Army game is overblown and even college coaches would say that.

Michigan saw Rod at the Cincy Combine when he was a freshman to be. They were blown away. The Army Game is a lot of politics I am pushing it everyday for Rod to be a part of that game. Thanks for the kudos, I enjoy helping kids get a shot to play at the next level. I spoke with Rod a couple of days ago he said it was crazy, I did not ask him about Michigan but I will when I catch up to him. Rod reminds me a lot of when Rex Chapman was recruited back in 1985. Tons of press and pressure but Rex lived up to the hype. Rod is tracking the same path. Hope to see all of you at Lincoln County this friday. We will be without Sonny but it should be fun.

QUOTE(olandpats @ May 8 2007 - 08:36 AM) 826454232[/snapback]rod has all the tools.

has any-1 that verbally committed in preseason eva lived up 2 the hype?

williams? johnson? smotherman?

Smotherman was well on his way before he suffered a knee injury in the spring. He had earned a couple of spots on various special teams and a spot in the defensive tackle rotation that sees extensive playing time. He is still rehabbing right now, but is expected to pick up where he left off. Not bad for a red shirt freshmen.