Just a Wild Guess

Rebelsfan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rebelsfan @ Mar 24 2007 - 12:25 AM) 826421402[/snapback]I am going to go out on a limb and say that Maryville just might win the 4A State Football Championship.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that when Maryville does lose again statements like these are one of the major reasons why many people on CoachT will celebrate!

Let me go out on a limb and assure all that the players and coaches do not look at it this way. They are very aware that a bullseye will remain on their backs and that any lack of focus...ie Chattanooga Brainard 2006 first round of the play-offs, can result in a loss and watching the championship game from the stands.

It's not an easy road and IMO it's been an amazing ride for the Rebels to win at the pace they have considering (IMO) only two of those championships were won with the best talent. As long as the coaching staff stays intact Maryville will have to be dealt with. This years team will be loaded again but there will be a two year drop off after next year.

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 26 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826423446[/snapback]Let me go out on a limb and assure all that the players and coaches do not look at it this way. They are very aware that a bullseye will remain on their backs and that any lack of focus...ie Chattanooga Brainard 2006 first round of the play-offs, can result in a loss and watching the championship game from the stands.

It's not an easy road and IMO it's been an amazing ride for the Rebels to win at the pace they have considering (IMO) only two of those championships were won with the best talent. As long as the coaching staff stays intact Maryville will have to be dealt with. This years team will be loaded again but there will be a two year drop off after next year.

ML ... I agree with you. I don't see any reason that Maryville shouldn't be expected to make it back to Murfreesboro this year. After that though, for a couple of years, I agree that it could get tougher. I believe the "overall .. .across the board" talent level might drop a notch, but there's still plenty of talent there and there is still that coaching staff. And you never know who's going to transfer in (not being critical, being honest).

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Mar 26 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826423058[/snapback]Go ahead and give them the trophy---NOT! That is why they play the games.

Coach you are so right. Maryville you time is coming to a end. Middle Tennessee is going to be holding that trophy for the next several years. We know how to recruit too lol /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(williebgovs04 @ Mar 28 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826424983[/snapback]Everyones been posting in the Basketball forum. But its getting closer to Friday Night Lights and they will all return soon.

Can't watch B-ball or boxing..Makes me nervous and I stop breathing... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />