Turf or Grass

KEV-O

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THECRIPDEVIL @ Mar 24 2007 - 12:00 AM) 826421410[/snapback]What are some things yall like and dislike about turf and grass. and which one do you prefer

Grass as long as there is some on the field /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'm just a bystander what do i no. How many highschool teams in TN have Turf?

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 24 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826421881[/snapback]For teams with ultra speed.....Turf really showcases it.

IE........a nightmare for a slower team.

Interesting 2P but how many high school teams you reckon have turf i imagine not many. I sure did like the looks of MTSU's field during the State Championships. Looked almost real, i suppose there lined underneath to absorb some of the impact.

A nice plush grass field if it can be maintained. That is almost impossible on a highschool field considering the use they typically get and the changing of the seasons during the football months. Looks like Maryville is getting ready to drop a few bucks and go to some type of turf.l

QUOTE(LSMFT @ Mar 25 2007 - 07:59 AM) 826421987[/snapback]CoachT,

I bet you had some good turf burns from the old days. Didn't you and the new APSU coach play together? I have always favored grass, but with this new back filled turf I like it more and more.

Yes, we did.

Which reminds me- if anyone has Rick's email address please send it to me at coacht@coacht.com so I can congratulate him and Connie.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826422037[/snapback]'If' it is the new type that MTSU has I prefer turf. If it is the old type that MTSU got rid of, I prefer grass.

The OLD type was an accident just waiting to happen. Thing is that schools have to realize that with turf it is no time to go cheap. Better to buy the best the first time and be done with it.

Agree LOD. I am curious about maintenance cost or functions to a turffield? Cost or what has to be done weekly...monthly...or annually?

Anybody have comments to these questions?

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826422042[/snapback]

Agree LOD. I am curious about maintenance cost or functions to a turffield? Cost or what has to be done weekly...monthly...or annually?

Anybody have comments to these questions?

There really is little or no maintenance cost after the initial installment. Here at Martin we are planning to install the turf in 2008 and that is one plus is after the turf is install the cost of maintenance be low if any. Here is the article that was ran in the school newspaper last week.

Skyhawk Field to undergo makeover

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 25 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826422085[/snapback]There really is little or no maintenance cost after the initial installment. Here at Martin we are planning to install the turf in 2008 and that is one plus is after the turf is install the cost of maintenance be low if any. Here is the article that was ran in the school newspaper last week.

Skyhawk Field to undergo makeover

Gerry....enjoy Tanner Caylor at Martin. My guess is he will soon become your favorite Skyhawk. Watch him a few plays and it will be obvious why.

Thanks for the link.