Hampton's Coach Mclain resigns

hhsfanforlife

QUOTE(Lord Vader @ Mar 27 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826424515[/snapback]why doesnt Lunceford have the knowledge? you must not remember him dominating with Cloudland's girls until he left...

Lunsford is successfel in anything he does. I can't see why he couldn't help out Hampton's BB. J.C. is never going to relinquish his position to give him a chance, and why should he. J.C. has led the dawgs to the 4th round of the playoffs the past 2 years. theres still plenty of football left in thost ole bones. and i just hope mike lunsford has enough respect for him to not try and take it from him (danglin' NC jobs at him). that bein said, this might be lunsford opportunity to put his stamp on HHS, if he can solve his 'language issues'. after all, two wrongs don't make a right, hampton solved one of them with mcclain.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(warts4u @ Mar 28 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826424909[/snapback]and this is coming from the one who knows all, hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm.NOT

hhhmmmmmmmmmmm i know people on the hampton staff they have talked to him so before you judge get your facts. i have also talked to white this morning he says he applyed for the job but not sure if he will get .buddy

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Mar 28 2007 - 05:15 PM) 826425134[/snapback]hhhmmmmmmmmmmm i know people on the hampton staff they have talked to him so before you judge get your facts. i have also talked to white this morning he says he applyed for the job but not sure if he will get .buddy

I don't understand how Hampton could have Ned Smith and Carp at Cloudland and not make a run at one of them or both. This would solve their coaching situation for years to come.

QUOTE(CoachSH @ Mar 28 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826425157[/snapback]DOG White back on the bench for Hampton!!!

I hope he gets Buddy back too!!!

Amen to that CoachSH. With Coach White back on the bench and Leon Tolley on the girls bench.....this is like an Old Milwaukee commercial......it couldn't get any better than this. I hope that BH would come back but I can't really see it. I'm sure that there has to be some hard feelings wouldn't you think?

QUOTE(dog4life @ Mar 28 2007 - 06:13 PM) 826425179[/snapback]Amen to that CoachSH. With Coach White back on the bench and Leon Tolley on the girls bench.....this is like an Old Milwaukee commercial......it couldn't get any better than this. I hope that BH would come back but I can't really see it. I'm sure that there has to be some hard feelings wouldn't you think?

yeah,

Bud is a great guy and knows the game. I got to know him through my dad when they were coaching and was a youngnn. Bud was always great to me and my father even though we were at different schools. Good Luck to Coach White and the dogs... Maybe they can get some fresh new excitment about this great game of Basketball......

QUOTE(warts4u @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:08 PM) 826425232[/snapback]fanforlife

My Apologies

That being said, the way you talk on here and with white coming back your playing days are limited.

From what i have heard Lunsford dosen't want either job and probably will never be the head coach of either sport and if J.C. retires after next year as is expected so will Lunsford.

QUOTE(CoachSH @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:32 PM) 826425190[/snapback]yeah,

Bud is a great guy and knows the game. I got to know him through my dad when they were coaching and was a youngnn. Bud was always great to me and my father even though we were at different schools. Good Luck to Coach White and the dogs... Maybe they can get some fresh new excitment about this great game of Basketball......

CoachSH, How are things going up on the mountain?

Well with the rumor mill still grinding, if a certain board member gets replaced then a new direction all the way around will be certain for Hampton. "She" (New Board Member) is more interested in the learning part than the sports aspect and will be very concerned with how coaches interact with students.

Have you ever thought that McClain resigning is just to let things die down and in a few years with a new group of parents and things forgotten - he will resurface to make another run as head coach. He is still young and has many years ahead of him before retirement. Things seem to be forgotten pretty easily around here. Just food for thought......

QUOTE(Redviking @ Mar 28 2007 - 06:33 PM) 826425152[/snapback]I don't understand how Hampton could have Ned Smith and Carp at Cloudland and not make a run at one of them or both. This would solve their coaching situation for years to come.

Ned will be at Elizabethton, Carpenter will be at University School, Oliver will be the new coach at Cloudland(along with Buddy,WOW!!! what a staff),Hamption needs to go outside the system and make a hire,would be better for everyone including the kids.