All State

foosballplayer

QUOTE(bigchief @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826428793[/snapback]Guys, this was the sportswriter's all-state team. It is selected by various sportswriters from across the state. They send out nomination forms to all the coaches every season. The writers then compare the nominees and vote. If the coach doesn't bother to send it back, more than likely his kids will not be nominated. Also, while Slater and Jenkins are very good players, they both were injured and missed time during the season. While I am at it, Chase Dunn is very deserving of all-state honors. He put the numbers up. He played everybody on their schedule the same. Coach Meyer always told us that you control your effort and your attitude. Everything else is out of your hands. Dunn plays hard and is a great kid. He deserves it and enough writers out there agree. Congrats to all who were named. It is an honor and should be treated as such. To the others, maybe you should check your coach's trash can for a certain fax from the Tennessee Sportswriters Association.

good post

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice zero players from the 3A state champions. Just shows how important team is versus individual.

BTW I thought Chaisson Allen was the most impressive player in the state tournament, all classes. He has the complete game and IMO under signed by inking with North Eastern.

QUOTE(Sumner County @ Apr 2 2007 - 10:47 PM) 826428648[/snapback]jenkins and the flash barnes from white house had to be close . but their is no way slater shouldve been left out. maybe his injuries hurt him late in the year but he still shouldve been selected.

I agree. Slater should have been selected. Clearly his injury hurt him but up until that time he burns BA with 27 and is the MVP of the Battle of the States tournament that included WH, UC, Sycamore, Ensworth among others. He nearly has a triple double on CPA the night of his injury and was clearly the second best player in that tough district. That should have counted for something. I still would have included him and believe that he earned it. Had he not gotten hurt DL probably would have made it out of the Region and certainly wouldn't have finished 4th in their district. I certainly would have selected him over several of the others selected. anyway he got a nice scholarhip and I look forward to seeing him play for Lipscomb University later this year.

QUOTE(MLREB @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:05 AM) 826428853[/snapback]Notice zero players from the 3A state champions. Just shows how important team is versus individual.

BTW I thought Chaisson Allen was the most impressive player in the state tournament, all classes. He has the complete game and IMO under signed by inking with North Eastern.

Thank you for the compliment, it was truly an honor just to watch him and this Oakland team play this year. I know its a crock that Maryville didnt have any guys named to the all-state team, but im sure every guy that is on that team would trade their all-state for the gold ball that resides in Maryville