Brett Jaeckel reaches All American Status

rigger101

Why was this topic dredged up from the depths of the coacht abyss? Who cares? Sounds like somebody likes seeing his name on the forum. Yes the kid has a great deal to improve upon if he wants to reach the upper level that TN wrestlers of the past 10 years have set. Apparently the kid is tough. Some kids struggle with the transition from middle to high school. Honestly I didnt think that he was all that impressive physically.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett was 1 and done at the state tournament. He lost 10-4 and then that wrestler got pinned in the 1st period.

I hope that he has improved from this performance.

It would be much easier and fairer to evaluate a kid's performance at states if the TSSAA gods would see fit to make the tournament a double elimination. I think plenty of " 1 and done " kids could shake off the first round loss and come roaring back in the consulations if given the chance. What is to going to take to get all state qualifiers two matches ??

Why was this topic dredged up from the depths of the coacht abyss? Who cares? Sounds like somebody likes seeing his name on the forum. Yes the kid has a great deal to improve upon if he wants to reach the upper level that TN wrestlers of the past 10 years have set. Apparently the kid is tough. Some kids struggle with the transition from middle to high school. Honestly I didnt think that he was all that impressive physically.

Now wristbar that's a little hateful...

We'd be talking about any wrestler from Tennessee who got a national award. Remember how much people were talking about David Mang when he placed at Fargo? But if you really want to talk about someone other than Brett, talk about this guy:

The real McCoy, Cameron Croy

If people are excited about Brett making All-American then what about Brentwood's 189 Croy winning a national championship (as a redshirt middle schooler) and then again at another tournament in a 5th overtime victory? He's the same age and weight as Brett Jaeckel and he placed 4th at state last year. But Brett did take second place at the freshman NHSCA tourney; I would have liked to see Croy wrestle at that one. Both of them have done well at national tournaments in middle school. I'm thinking this could be a great rivalry.

It would be much easier and fairer to evaluate a kid's performance at states if the TSSAA gods would see fit to make the tournament a double elimination. I think plenty of " 1 and done " kids could shake off the first round loss and come roaring back in the consulations if given the chance. What is to going to take to get all state qualifiers two matches ??

You may be correct, but in this case, it would not have made a difference. Brett was wrestling men and his body had not matured to the level of the other wrestlers!!!!!

Remember, the wrestler that beat him 10-4 got pinned in the 1st. Enough said!

You may be correct, but in this case, it would not have made a difference. Brett was wrestling men and his body had not matured to the level of the other wrestlers!!!!!

I was talking in generalities. I think all kids who qualify for states should have the opportunity to wrestle at least 2 matches. If some go 2 and out so be it, but until we go to a double elim formate we can only speculate what a kid could have done in a wrestleback. Present system adds insult to injury. Kid who loses first round has to get up the next day, make weight early and doesn't know if he will wrestle pending what the kid who bested him does. Tough on the kid and family members as well. I can imagine there are many parents and grandparents who have to take off work to be there the second day just in case their kid gets a second match. In my book far more reasonable to KNOW they will get at least one chance to see their kid on day 2.

I wasn't paying much attention to the 189 class at states, still I think it is certainly possible Brett could have won a couple of matches had he had the opportunity to wrestle back.

Cameron Croy won his age group in Myrtle Beach this summer and placed 4th in the state as a Freshmen and was only 14 at the time and he wrestled men!. Yes I am a Brentwood parent but I have watched these 2 guys wrestle for 5 years. Cameron Croy beats Jaekel 9 out of 10. Brett needs to do well in the state to prove himself.

Cameron Croy won his age group in Myrtle Beach this summer and placed 4th in the state as a Freshmen and was only 14 at the time and he wrestled men!. Yes I am a Brentwood parent but I have watched these 2 guys wrestle for 5 years. Cameron Croy beats Jaekel 9 out of 10. Brett needs to do well in the state to prove himself.

I couldn't agree with you more, except, I believe Cameron would win 10 out of 10 times. Croy is a man and Brett's body has not matured yet.

So bottom line is Brentwood has a stud that should placing at State for the next four years. Brett has the tools to become a contender. He is as good or better than 6 other State Champs I saw as freshmen.

I really ashamed of some of you trying to take away from this young mans accomplishments! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" He was a big part of his team, winning their first Region crown!

There are plenty of young men who have been in the Championship match who have went out in the first round of the state when they were younger. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

We will see what he does at a lighter weight this year!:rolleyes:

I've seen both wrestle, and Cameron Croy is head and shoulders above Jaeckel. this wouldn't be a rivalry, it would be a massacre.

Time will tell!

I heard the same type of things when Clarksville's Minwell was tops and that Farrgut's Knox didn't have a chance! Or when Houston's Borneman couldn't be beat but a kid who missed his his junior year wrestling and never had been past the first round upset the top kid in TN. It's all about match up's and what kid wants it most. Look at 215 last year when 2 former State Champs finished 3rd and 4th.

That's why we love this sport!