All-Time Carter County Team

The_Alliance34

i believe that someone who had ties with the coach seen them play over there and talked them into moving in with someone from elizabethton in order for them to play ball, but i'm not sure.

behoopy, phillips was a good choice on your list from hampton. i've only heard good things about him, heck if you had to name an all time carter county team for football or baseball he would have to be on those teams as well. what about jerry white one of the few hampton players to have ever had the privelage of playing division one basketball at the university of south carolina? i dont think there is any question about the best player ever from unaka, hands down aaron dugger if you ask me. i have seen him play several times and it will probably be a while before carter county sees another player with his ability on the basketball floor. what about the all time best teams in carter county, elizabethton in the old days, the unaka teams with dugger, happy valley and hampton in the 60's and 70's or hamptons teams in the early 80's?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Johns was very athletic. Nate Norman was a very good basketball player. won of the recent past guys for EHS would need to talk about Vince Redd he was like a shaq in East TN.. Elvin Brown was won of the best players in carter that I saw in my lifetime too bad the boosters of EHS and the coach brought him Leslie Brunn, Eirc and Derek in... I do think that Vince was better then Leslie though...

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Apr 4 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826429865[/snapback]Mark Campbell went to Eliz,then transferred to Bristol.

Willie MAlone was one of the finest Basketball players from Carter County but he went to Hampton, not Eliz,we wish he had went to Betsy,we would whave loved to had him,hes a classy guy.

Wouldnt even start to name a starting 5 because all were not in my time!

I would leave someone out and then be accused of being bias,lets just say they were all great for their schools!

Sorry. I forgot that Malone went to HHS. Another name that comes to mind is Rudy Johnson at CHS. Question; anyone remember James Henry that came from the Virgin Islands to EHS in '82? Played with Troutman his senior year if I remember correctly. I think he went on to Tusculum.

QUOTE(cacadeltoro @ Apr 5 2007 - 06:12 PM) 826430880[/snapback]lets stick to carter county players again county players who cares what ehs had how high they jump or what nation they came from county only please

Last time I checked, EHS was in Carter County. Yep. Pretty sure they are. They were way back when I played against them. Ok, they are a city funded school, but still in Carter County. (sarcasms intended)

Can't forget Randy Presnell from Cloudland in the 80's. That was before the threes and he would score 25-30 every game. An all around dominate player! Stories are that if he was in the gym, he was open. He had some pretty awesome teammates then also, John McMahan, Greg Hatfield, Matt Hyatt, and Brett Reine. They were unstoppable in East TN. I still remember the Hancock Co game where we beat them by one in overtime. Whew!

QUOTE(cacadeltoro @ Apr 5 2007 - 06:12 PM) 826430880[/snapback]lets stick to carter county players again county players who cares what ehs had how high they jump or what nation they came from county only please

Seeing that you neither started this thread, nor have contributed to it, maybe you should not concern yourself with it. And, just as the other poster mentioned, I'd almost swear that Elizabethton is in Carter County. At least when I've been there, I see lots of vehicles with CARTER on their license plates. Go figure /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(cacadeltoro @ Apr 5 2007 - 05:12 PM) 826430880[/snapback]lets stick to carter county players again county players who cares what ehs had how high they jump or what nation they came from county only please

Last time I checked EHS was in Carter County, at least I still pay county and city taxes!

QUOTE(old44 @ Apr 5 2007 - 01:03 PM) 826430790[/snapback]Sorry. I forgot that Malone went to HHS. Another name that comes to mind is Rudy Johnson at CHS. Question; anyone remember James Henry that came from the Virgin Islands to EHS in '82? Played with Troutman his senior year if I remember correctly. I think he went on to Tusculum.

I think that James went to Tennessee Tech University becuase when I was playing there thought he had a picture up...

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 4 2007 - 08:46 AM) 826429647[/snapback]better than dugger?

Yes, if there had been a 3 point line when Eddie played its anyones guess how many points he would have had. But he was better at baseball and went straight to AA.

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 4 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826429647[/snapback]better than dugger?

Yes. If i'm not mistaking, he averaged better than 30 points per for his CAREER. And that was before the 3 point line. Do you know where the little hash mark on Unaka's floor between the half and three point line? That was he shot from... Regularly.