Tullahoma High School Football

binns37388

QUOTE(binns37388 @ Apr 11 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826435464[/snapback]I think a decision will be made Thursday on whether Coach Melton will continue coaching at THS. I don't think Sam will be back at the high school, but it's possible he could remain offensive coordinator for the football team. I will say this, John Olive has been the head football for about 15 years and is one of the most highly respected coaches in the state. He has a great staff, who for the most part have been together for a long time. He and his staff teach much more than just football. I think everyone concerned with making decisions in this matter should value Coach Olives opinion very highly. On the other hand, no one is indispensable and bigger than the system. I hope the right decision is made for this community. Like the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

From what I heard, i don't think he will be back coaching. We will know soon.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(matcat @ Apr 11 2007 - 07:11 AM) 826434599[/snapback]Yes I am going to Science Hill High School to be the offensive line coach and help with the run game end of the new offense. Yes Coach Smith loves to call plays on Friday nights and will continue that at Science Hill. I made the move to Johnson City based on family and not any unhappy feelings with Tullahoma. The bigger question is what is going on at Tullahoma High School with them letting Coach Melton go with no reason given to either Melton or Head Coach John Olive. We obviously have a few people in charge that will not support or wants a winning Football program. I think if this continues Coach Olive may find him another HC job somewhere, because there is nothing worse than working for cowards that will not support you or your program. I wish Tullahoma the best and hope that my former coaches will find happiness somewhere in the future. Thank you for all the positive comments

I feel your pain. Since the early 80's support for athletics at Coffee Co high school and the middle school has been absolutely

pathetic. Administration at the schools and especially the central office seem to care less. Community pride stops at the front door. Good luck Tullahoma.

Tullahoma seems to have that Williamson Co. situation...upper/middle class families, white collar players, plenty of money, good coaches, but a school system that is not committed to the football program. They are just as concerned with girls soccer and having boys lacrose (non-income sports) than they are with football.

Is this pretty accurate?

I would say pretty accurate. I know that Tull is one of the top academic school systems in the state along with Williamson Co. school system and one of the reasons they are is because people with academic focus are in the position to call the shots.

I strongly believe that for kids wanting to participate in sports, athletics and other extra curricular activities is an important part of the high school experience and can educate kids in areas for future growth outside of the classroom.

Many ( most ) administrators do not share these views.

Also, most parents, students and supporters focus on their activities and are moving away from the collective school spirit and support.

Jelousy is also a factor...........I see it everywhere and it is not confined to white collar areas.

I heard today that Coach Sam Melton will still be the offensive coordinator for the Tullahoma High School football team. I think the right decision was made. I think that Mo Torrez will take Jimmy Millers place as offensive line coach. I hate to see Coach Miller go, but I'm sure Mo will step in and do a great job. All this is hearsay, since I haven't talked with Coach Olive.

QUOTE(irecnso @ Apr 13 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826436722[/snapback]Tullahoma seems to have that Williamson Co. situation...upper/middle class families, white collar players, plenty of money, good coaches, but a school system that is not committed to the football program. They are just as concerned with girls soccer and having boys lacrose (non-income sports) than they are with football.

Is this pretty accurate?

I would say pretty accurate. I know that Tull is one of the top academic school systems in the state along with Williamson Co. school system and one of the reasons they are is because people with academic focus are in the position to call the shots.

I strongly believe that for kids wanting to participate in sports, athletics and other extra curricular activities is an important part of the high school experience and can educate kids in areas for future growth outside of the classroom.

Many ( most ) administrators do not share these views.

Also, most parents, students and supporters focus on their activities and are moving away from the collective school spirit and support.

Jelousy is also a factor...........I see it everywhere and it is not confined to white collar areas.

QUOTE(binns37388 @ Apr 13 2007 - 04:57 PM) 826436996[/snapback]I heard today that Coach Sam Melton will still be the offensive coordinator for the Tullahoma High School football team. I think the right decision was made. I think that Mo Torrez will take Jimmy Millers place as offensive line coach. I hate to see Coach Miller go, but I'm sure Mo will step in and do a great job. All this is hearsay, since I haven't talked with Coach Olive.

Don't worry Binns the Black Velvet Tour will continue regardless of me being the coach at Tullahoma. I want to thank you for your friendship and countless hours supporting numerous Tullahoma athletic teams through the years. I will miss the bus trips and the 4 on the floor, and who will ever forget the tunnel to Ravenwood.

QUOTE(matcat @ Apr 13 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826437009[/snapback]Don't worry Binns the Black Velvet Tour will continue regardless of me being the coach at Tullahoma. I want to thank you for your friendship and countless hours supporting numerous Tullahoma athletic teams through the years. I will miss the bus trips and the 4 on the floor, and who will ever forget the tunnel to Ravenwood.

We've had a lot of fun. Don't forget about the fire alarm going off and everyone had to evacuate their rooms at Chattagnooga. I can sleep at nite not having to worry about the "Reach Around". You and Coach Lester made a great team and it was fun to watch all the hard work pay off this season. You will be greatly missed by everyone.

QUOTE(binns37388 @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:06 PM) 826437077[/snapback]We've had a lot of fun. Don't forget about the fire alarm going off and everyone had to evacuate their rooms at Chattagnooga. I can sleep at nite not having to worry about the "Reach Around". You and Coach Lester made a great team and it was fun to watch all the hard work pay off this season. You will be greatly missed by everyone.

Coach Lester and I didn't always see eye to eye, one reason is because he is so short lol. We did agree that Coozy got the reach around that night in Chattanooga!!!! Thank you for all the kind comments and I am sure you will get a great coach at Tullahoma to continue the winning tradition in the wrestling program. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future and we can sit back and laugh at all the good memories.

QUOTE(matcat @ Apr 14 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826437300[/snapback]Coach Lester and I didn't always see eye to eye, one reason is because he is so short lol. We did agree that Coozy got the reach around that night in Chattanooga!!!! Thank you for all the kind comments and I am sure you will get a great coach at Tullahoma to continue the winning tradition in the wrestling program. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future and we can sit back and laugh at all the good memories.

Are ya'll gonna kiss now..LOL