Goodpasture

pballer44

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pballer44 @ Apr 11 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826434812[/snapback]What are your thoughts of the baseball team this season?

I think that the Coach did not use good judgement when he let his Ace pitcher throw over 140 some pitches in the cold in a game that was non-conference. To claim a win against the # 8 ranked team in the nation is great but this was not a good decision on the Coach's part. Now as far as the team.....they are good but going as far as they did last year in the playoffs......No, I don't think so. The only good pitcher they have will not be able to carry them by himself and the pitching depth is not the greatest. But good luck to them anyway.

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ Apr 11 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826434864[/snapback]I think that the Coach did not use good judgement when he let his Ace pitcher throw over 140 some pitches in the cold in a game that was non-conference. To claim a win against the # 8 ranked team in the nation is great but this was not a good decision on the Coach's part. Now as far as the team.....they are good but going as far as they did last year in the playoffs......No, I don't think so. The only good pitcher they have will not be able to carry them by himself and the pitching depth is not the greatest. But good luck to them anyway.

The coach knows his ace and trusts him. The ace knows his body and listens to it. Normally, you would be right, but the ace got plenty of rest and is just fine. Your not talking about a relationship that just started. The ace and the head coach have been working together since the ace was a freshman. As for your assesment of the team, you could not be more wrong. You could try, but you could not do it. The one thing that this team has is pitching depth. The ace, Moffitt, and Atkins are as good a trio as there is around. Cripps is not far behind. There are several young arms helping them make it through these tournaments. It's their pitching that will get them back to the state tournament.

By the way, the ace has a name, and all the pro scouts seem to know it. Logan Darnell is not only a great pitcher but he is also a great young man. He is the kind of guy you want on any team from baseball and football to box hockey and tetherball.

pballer...get off coacht and concentrate on your season. you will get plenty of complements for your play without having to fish for them in this shallow pond.

They are a good team but dang they are probably the most obnoxious team i have ever heard. Not as much the players as the coaches and parents. Their parents and coaches are terrible. But they beat us. When their coach yelled stalling for when our coached went to talk to our pitcher i just thought that was pretty rediculous but what do i know.

QUOTE(baylorboy10 @ Apr 11 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826435046[/snapback]They are a good team but dang they are probably the most obnoxious team i have ever heard. Not as much the players as the coaches and parents. Their parents and coaches are terrible. But they beat us. When their coach yelled stalling for when our coached went to talk to our pitcher i just thought that was pretty rediculous but what do i know.

Wow, same impression for different reasons. Pretty good ball team, will probably make a good showing in the post season. However, they sound like a girl's softball team in the dugout. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> They were so loud and obnoxious, their own fans were not cheering. They looked tired and worn out, or maybe it was the earplugs. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Anyway, Darnell is a very good pitcher, and their depth does not end there. They are dangerous with their sticks as well. They also have tradition and experience to help in the post season. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cut out the noise and I think their reputation would improve! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(fanman33 @ Apr 11 2007 - 12:43 PM) 826434919[/snapback]The coach knows his ace and trusts him. The ace knows his body and listens to it. Normally, you would be right, but the ace got plenty of rest and is just fine. Your not talking about a relationship that just started. The ace and the head coach have been working together since the ace was a freshman. As for your assesment of the team, you could not be more wrong. You could try, but you could not do it. The one thing that this team has is pitching depth. The ace, Moffitt, and Atkins are as good a trio as there is around. Cripps is not far behind. There are several young arms helping them make it through these tournaments. It's their pitching that will get them back to the state tournament.

By the way, the ace has a name, and all the pro scouts seem to know it. Logan Darnell is not only a great pitcher but he is also a great young man. He is the kind of guy you want on any team from baseball and football to box hockey and tetherball.

pballer...get off coacht and concentrate on your season. you will get plenty of complements for your play without having to fish for them in this shallow pond.

Lisiten DA you and the coach are an idiot if you feel it's ok for Darnell to throw 140+ pitches in any game no matter what the weather. Very few good pitchers are ever going to tell the coach that they can't continue to pitch in a game. The coach is the adult and throwing 140+ pitches is not only asking for arm trouble but is close to being child abuse. The big league guys don't even throw that many pitches and they are getting paid the big bucks. Logan needs to get as far away from that program as he can before they hurt him.

I saw Goodpasture play in the Sportsbelle Classic and they are a pretty solid team. I saw Darnell through and it would be hard to imagine them having much after he throws. They didnt put up many hits against D-B at Lindsey Nelson, but it was also really cold. I think D-B had like 7 errors but you have to give Goodpasture credit for taking advantage of them, thats what good teams do. I also saw them play Farragut and that game didnt go to well for them, if i were guessing i would say that probably was not one of there top pitchers throwing. But i would put them in the top 5 AA teams in state.

QUOTE(Law&Order @ Apr 11 2007 - 02:52 PM) 826435090[/snapback]Wow, same impression for different reasons. Pretty good ball team, will probably make a good showing in the post season. However, they sound like a girl's softball team in the dugout. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> They were so loud and obnoxious, their own fans were not cheering. They looked tired and worn out, or maybe it was the earplugs. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Anyway, Darnell is a very good pitcher, and their depth does not end there. They are dangerous with their sticks as well. They also have tradition and experience to help in the post season. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cut out the noise and I think their reputation would improve! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I totally agree with this analysis. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(cbg @ Apr 11 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826435101[/snapback]Lisiten DA you and the coach are an idiot if you feel it's ok for Darnell to throw 140+ pitches in any game no matter what the weather. Very few good pitchers are ever going to tell the coach that they can't continue to pitch in a game. The coach is the adult and throwing 140+ pitches is not only asking for arm trouble but is close to being child abuse. The big league guys don't even throw that many pitches and they are getting paid the big bucks. Logan needs to get as far away from that program as he can before they hurt him.

I have been around baseball for near 30 years (give or take a few). I DO know what I am talking about when it comes to throwing too many pitches. 140+ pitches is tooooooooooo many tooooooo throw in 30 degree weather! Especially, a 17-18 yr old that is still growing. You are talking possible growth plate or rotator cuff damage. I know from experience that if it does not hurt now it will later on. The big league guys do not throw over 120+ pitches in a game. The college pitchers do not throw that many in a game. LOL to Darnell I hope that his arm will hold for him to be able to pitch in college.

This is sort of related... Did anybody watch the Red Sox and Mariners last night? Dice-K (incorrect spelling) and Felix Hernandez threw. Anyways there were highlights of Dice-K throwing in Japan in his high school national tournament... ESPN said he threw 240 pitches in 18 innings in one game, closed another game, and threw a no-hitter in another game... Talk about wearing a kids arm down.

If I'm not mistaken in the Warrior Classic USJ had Goodpasture 8 to 3 going into the 6th with a pitcher that had thrown the whole game. Goodpasture scored 3 to make it 8 to 6. USJ stayed with the same pitcher in the 7th and Goodpasture took advantage of the situation to score and win the game. I believe USJ threw a freshman that game. Could be an interesting matchup deep in the post-season ??