POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826444972[/snapback]Again Hart pulls Aderhold too early.

I have to disagree I think Hart done the right thing. Aderhold was struggling with his curveball and Polk was sitting on his fastball. Like I have said before with these top three teams, knock the starting pitchers out of the game and you will likely win because they lack depth. If anyone has a advantage it would be Polk, Tyler Davis has done a great job especially against Meigs and Central but if he is not effective lookout. I also think Polk will have another edge in the tourney with the return of Will Phillips, if he can throw strikes his return will give them 3 solid starting pitchers with Davis and Qualls in relief. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Layitdown @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826444911[/snapback]Qualls, you know what is funny? You all got it handed to you Monday night and it was quite on here then you win last night on errors and you get on and brag about it! I am sorry but maybe the polk team should spend as much time on the field practicing as the do on here after a win! If so maybe you would be 1st instead of 2nd!

Polk won on errors??? Yea right, and even if they did it wouldn't have mattered, You wasn't gonna score anything on Ty Davis!!! You got shut down!!! I wanna hear some central fans say something to him now!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826445019[/snapback]Maybe you are right but the past has shown that Central is a better touranment team dating back when these same kids were 7& 8 years old. And for all the adults that want to relive those "Glory Days" let the kids play the game.... You have lived your teenage years let them live theirs

If your an adult then why are you on here bashing a kid (Davis) for his performance. Shaw done a great job against Meigs and Polk and I said so the next day, but let Polk win a game that some of you Central fans said couldn't be done and you don't even have the class to acknowledge it! I didn't know Central fielded a 7 & 8 year old team! Being a better tournament team is a bunch of crap, you guys lose one game to Polk and your on hear; "were a better tournament team anyway", "Polk won on errors", "1 good game against Central in 4 years does not mean anything". All teams and players have mental errors and sometimes they get you beat but that's baseball right. As for the sun it shined on Central monday and Polk on tuesday very similar games. BTW you know what happend to Butch & Sundance in the end of the movie don't you? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 25 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826445109[/snapback]Where oh where is my little mexican and canadian buddy's?? I guess their computers are on the blink. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> LOL!!

Just messing with ya!

I guess yesterdays sun RAY must have BURNt mr. mexican. LOL. You understand what i'm saying Scout? lol

I did say he did a good job, and if you read back you will see you made the remarks about the Mental error . Now about the 7 & 8 just remember HISTORY repeats itself.... I have read on here How Great this Polk team is and have to say this is the best team Polk has had in a long time.. Everybody remembers Butch and Sundance.. Nobody remembers when Polk Baseball won The District

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826445092[/snapback]If your an adult then why are you on here bashing a kid (Davis) for his performance. Shaw done a great job against Meigs and Polk and I said so the next day, but let Polk win a game that some of you Central fans said couldn't be done and you don't even have the class to acknowledge it! I didn't know Central fielded a 7 & 8 year old team! Being a better tournament team is a bunch of crap, you guys lose one game to Polk and your on hear; "were a better tournament team anyway", "Polk won on errors", "1 good game against Central in 4 years does not mean anything". All teams and players have mental errors and sometimes they get you beat but that's baseball right. As for the sun it shined on Central monday and Polk on tuesday very similar games. BTW you know what happend to Butch & Sundance in the end of the movie don't you? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Question: been following this thread for awhile and while it is pretty clear Meigs, Polk and McMinn Central are pretty even

and have good records, who would you guys say are the other quality wins on your schedules?

The only teams I can find that would rate as quality opponents might be Bradley and Walker Valley, which I think Meigs played.

Not looking to start anything, just curious.

QUOTE(therock @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826445051[/snapback]Coach Hart had no choice but to change pitchers. TSSAA sais a kid can only pitch 9 innings in one game. That is why Meigs and Central both changed pitchers in their 11 inning game.

Incorrect . 10 innings in a 24 hr period is the limit.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 25 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826445109[/snapback]Where oh where is my little mexican and canadian buddy's?? I guess their computers are on the blink. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> LOL!!

Just messing with ya!

I would have lost my casa yesterday because I would have bet the house on Polk pitching choking again. Give Cats pitching credit, they shut down the Chargers. It really surprised me about Davis cause Chargers lit him up last year and hit him solid on Monday. When they made the change I thought it was over for Polk. Defensively both teams did nothing to cause them to lose the game. The Cats did jump one hurdle (beating Central for the first time in years), BUT still got a big one to go - getting past district tournament play. Congrats Cats on the win and enjoy the message board now. I don't think we'll be hearing from you after the district tournament. Oh, thanks for the cheers after the game. It was obvious you guys didn't know how to act after winning a big game, but we understand you haven't won a big one in a long time.