1-3A and 2-3A- Who's gonna do what?

govols04

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 1 2007 - 12:03 PM) 826449139[/snapback]Hey OldCatFan.

I hope for LA, the kids, and the region that last yr. was a bad dream. Still have some key players to replace. Jake Reeder and Levi Holt are gone from the O, the O Line lost Beaty and Robert Holt (Did he sign anywhere?) LA loses those guys plus Stephens on D. Is the Cole kid back on the line? What about Morgan, Reynolds, and Carwile? Can Chase Dunn play RB/WR/DB? Heck of a basketball player. All State wasn't he?

Yes we have some holes to fill, but not as bad as last year. Haven't heard anything on Robert. Don't think Cole has returned to team. We certainly could use him. Morgan is back and should have a good year if he stays healthy, Reynolds graduates this month, and Carwile has transferred. I don't know if Chase has ever played any FB, but I'm sure he would be welcomed along with some of the other basketball boys. Sure would be nice to have a 6'7" tight end!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kingstons only loss was Givens, and King then they should repeat as the number 4 playoff team from region 2-3A. Nobody from last years 2-3A bottom 3 have anyone returning better than Kingston. Scott Co. has a big group returning, but nothing great. AC just does not have the caliber players they used to. LA its hard to tell. It is hard to fall that far and recoup.

Fulton

AE

Catholic

Kingston

AC

Scott Co.

LA

I've been wrong before. Thats how I see it though.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ May 2 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826449786[/snapback]If Kingstons only loss was Givens, and King then they should repeat as the number 4 playoff team from region 2-3A. Nobody from last years 2-3A bottom 3 have anyone returning better than Kingston. Scott Co. has a big group returning, but nothing great. AC just does not have the caliber players they used to. LA its hard to tell. It is hard to fall that far and recoup.

Fulton

AE

Catholic

Kingston

AC

Scott Co.

LA

If i may say... honestly fulton has no offense of line coming back..last year they had 5 seniors starting on the line and they jv line was horrible blair had to run for his life every game and none of those jv lineman ever got in a varsity game so therefore the have zero experience and will have alot..... of work to this off season..the only way for stintson to throw the ball which he does very little of and cobb to hit the hole for monster runs is to have an offensive line which fulton does not have this year..

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ May 2 2007 - 07:30 AM) 826449786[/snapback]If Kingstons only loss was Givens, and King then they should repeat as the number 4 playoff team from region 2-3A. Nobody from last years 2-3A bottom 3 have anyone returning better than Kingston. Scott Co. has a big group returning, but nothing great. AC just does not have the caliber players they used to. LA its hard to tell. It is hard to fall that far and recoup.

Fulton

AE

Catholic

Kingston

AC

Scott Co.

LA

Hey Leonard.

Kingston lost more than Givens and King. They should have back a couple of pretty good backs though. Zack Zeigler and Jimmy White. They also have a couple of pretty good receivers back in Terrance Murphy and T.J. Fugate. Kingston loses all five starters from the OL, I beleive. Branam @ Center, Stanton, and Pressley @ Guards, and Travis Steele @ one Tackle. The other Tackle, Big John Martin 6-4, 310 is gone for sure. On D, they have two LBs back in White & Hinely. Last yr. they had a very young D-Line. One that could, and needs to step up would be the Stoot kid, 6-3, 270. They lost their best DB in Quillen, as well as Givens who played back there. They had a couple pretty good Jr players, Bailey & Van Shaick. I am sure coach King will have them ready to go, and I do think the 4th spot goes to the AC/ Kingston winner. Right now, I guess I would lean to AC, only because Kingston loses their entire OL, Givens, and King.

I just don't feel that Kingstons O-line was that impressive last year. Not to say that they did not do good enough to get them in the playoffs, they just did not dominate any DL. They are always gonna have some good athletes, and usually a pretty good line. AC just has not had the talent the past several years. Looking forward to seeing the two (Kingston vs. AC)play this year.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ May 2 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826450112[/snapback]I just don't feel that Kingstons O-line was that impressive last year. Not to say that they did not do good enough to get them in the playoffs, they just did not dominate any DL. They are always gonna have some good athletes, and usually a pretty good line. AC just has not had the talent the past several years. Looking forward to seeing the two (Kingston vs. AC)play this year.

AC has some talent, not much depth. Rogers, Henson, Longmire, Seiber, Sharp and the Guinn brothers are athletes. If they can put together an offensive and defensive front (and it's possible)they'll have a good shot at making the playoffs.

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 2 2007 - 01:59 PM) 826450082[/snapback]Hey Leonard.

Kingston lost more than Givens and King. They should have back a couple of pretty good backs though. Zack Zeigler and Jimmy White. They also have a couple of pretty good receivers back in Terrance Murphy and T.J. Fugate. Kingston loses all five starters from the OL, I beleive. Branam @ Center, Stanton, and Pressley @ Guards, and Travis Steele @ one Tackle. The other Tackle, Big John Martin 6-4, 310 is gone for sure. On D, they have two LBs back in White & Hinely. Last yr. they had a very young D-Line. One that could, and needs to step up would be the Stoot kid, 6-3, 270. They lost their best DB in Quillen, as well as Givens who played back there. They had a couple pretty good Jr players, Bailey & Van Shaick. I am sure coach King will have them ready to go, and I do think the 4th spot goes to the AC/ Kingston winner. Right now, I guess I would lean to AC, only because Kingston loses their entire OL, Givens, and King.

I don't know the kids name but the jv qb last year has a cannon with touch for a arm.

QUOTE(oskie @ May 2 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826450408[/snapback]AC has some talent, not much depth. Rogers, Henson, Longmire, Seiber, Sharp and the Guinn brothers are athletes. If they can put together an offensive and defensive front (and it's possible)they'll have a good shot at making the playoffs.

In the past AC has been known for its hard nosed athletes, that has always included some big strong linemen. Is AC gonna have any of those Big OL this year?

Some were discussing earlier about D-Bo (Freeney) and his college choices...I honestly am not sure whether or not he's playing college ball in JUCO or not. I have heard about the possibilities. He's got at least D1-AA or DII talent, no doubt. It's probably an academic issue on why he hasn't signed somewhere at this point. I know one thing, Rogan had an unbelievable season and was simply remarkable, but we could not have won it all without Freeney. That catch at Catholic is something that even to this day when I watch it back gives me goosebumps.