Farragut..16-0 win over WB

NedNatterjack

QUOTE(soccerplayr @ Apr 20 2007 - 03:49 PM) 826441963[/snapback]no i dont care what the situation is there is no reason to put up a 14 goal lead in a game. show some class and love for the game things like that only make ppl wish they hadnt played soccer.

well its kinda a lose lose situation, because last year we were up at half 10-0 with heritage and just passed the ball around for 40 minutes in the second half. they touched the ball maybe 2 times and they said they would rather us win 30-0 than do that because it was so embarrasing. So you all that say we are "classless" come up with a way to make both sides happy. maybe a slaughter rule?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The King of the Burbs @ Apr 20 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826441966[/snapback]well its kinda a lose lose situation, because last year we were up at half 10-0 with heritage and just passed the ball around for 40 minutes in the second half. they touched the ball maybe 2 times and they said they would rather us win 30-0 than do that because it was so embarrasing. So you all that say we are "classless" come up with a way to make both sides happy. maybe a slaughter rule?

sounds good implement a 10-goal slaughter rule in effect any time after the 2nd half

What's worse is WB didn't even get a shot off. They might as well have not been trying, maybe they weren't. To be honest though I hate when people complain when a team scores a bunch of goals or points, depending on the sport, against another team. Like someone said up there " It is not Farraguts job to stop Farrugut scoring, that is the other teams job. " I heard they also only played a 25 minute 2nd half. If William Blount isn't even gonna try to stop Farragut then why even have a team? It's like with Heritage. They forfeit every game against good competition. What is the point of having a team if in half of your district game you forfeit. Your never gonna get anywhere doing that. They atleast play the tournament games so that is good, but those usually end up in a 40 minute first half and a 20 or so minute 2nd half. Stop complaining about teams "running up the score". I'd rather a team play as hard as they can against me and kill me than them not even attempt to try to almost attempt to almost actually play and still win. If they played the whole game hard, both teams, then I would feel better because atleast I know that my team and their team didn't give up or slack off just because of the score. IMO.

StudentSportsSoccer.com doesn't have Science Hill scoring 26. I'm sure there are other games with these high of numbers that were't reported in high school, but theses are supposedly the records. It has Spring Valley (SC) as scoring 32 in 1999. Bearden is on here with 22 in 2002 against none other than the Heritage Mountaineers (Bearden scored 16 on them later in the post season)

My JV team played Franklin's JV team 3 years ago 9-0 at half-Their coach told them they could only score off crosses. They still attacked but only scored 2 more final 11-0. Franklin left knowing they were far superior my girls left thinking they had played a much better second half with their pride still in place. I walked over thanked the coach and knew he was a class act. Not saying Farragut (sp) is not but that was one way to handle such a situation.

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Lots of ways to stay competitive but allow the other team to retain some sense of pride. Cross/1 touch, cross/header, shots taken only outside 18, etc. 16 goals is ridiculous! And the "it's their job to stop us" doesn't cut it when the talent disparity is so out of whack as Farragut and WB is. Let me guess--Farragut is composed of probably 90% + D1 club players, WB may have a couple of D2/D3 players.--most of the WB guys play just HS soccer Equate a goal with a TD in football and then try to explain a 112-0 rout.

QUOTE(wiredtowin @ Apr 20 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826442094[/snapback]/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Lots of ways to stay competitive but allow the other team to retain some sense of pride. Cross/1 touch, cross/header, shots taken only outside 18, etc. 16 goals is ridiculous! And the "it's their job to stop us" doesn't cut it when the talent disparity is so out of whack as Farragut and WB is. Let me guess--Farragut is composed of probably 90% + D1 club players, WB may have a couple of D2/D3 players.--most of the WB guys play just HS soccer Equate a goal with a TD in football and then try to explain a 112-0 rout.

3 players for Farragut have signed to go D-1. 1 to Western Kentucky, 1 to Richmond, and 1 to Marshall. The score was actually 14-0. someone must have miscounted because I dont think the scoreboard was working. I heard it got hit by lightining and doesnt work right now. atleast it wasnt working in tonights game.

In Farragut's Defense,

It has been a long time since my last post which I believe was my only previous post, but I will defend the Farragut camp on this one ironically after catching slack from the Farragut camp on our 26-0 win a couple of years ago over a district opponent. None of us were there that night, only the Farragut team and the William Blount team, just as noone really new the situation of the game when we won 26-0 over an opponent. A couple of years ago our district decided after the fact not to have junior varsity after I had already kept all of these players so I combined my team as a whole and made 1 big Varsity Team. That night we were winning 12-0 at the half, already well into our bench. Second half I started a Senior captain who I had set the entire first half for discipline reasons with what would be considered a JV team or even a Freshman team so he could work on his leadership ability etc. etc. At the end of the night 5 players which came off the bench scored 3 goals each and the Senior Captain who led the JV' ers had 5 goals and a bunch of assists working to set up the younger players. All 3 goalkeepers had plenty of time in the pipes as well as on the field. At the end of the game my team got one of the best compliments that a coach could ask for and it was by the opposing coach and his assistant coaches, it was not the 26-0 score, it was how they did it and how they handled themselves while they were doing it. So in Farragut's defense, it is not how many but how. Those of you that also Coach girl's soccer know that it can get up there pretty quick and I have been on my fair share of the other end of those as well as, the TSSAA has said there can be a 5-0 mercy rule if agreed by both coaches. That can be uncomfortable too when both Coach's agree and you end the game and parent's chime in from the stands from both teams "let the kids play." I have always felt as a coach it is not the other teams job to quit scoring, what are we teaching players then. It is all about the how...

Farragut is a really good team who thinks they are the greatest team.. this has been true for more than just this year. And the love to talk about being #1 and all this before the year and how they are going to dominate state. Both these things have not come true in a couple of years for them. And they love to have a couple of tough games like bearden so they have the teams on their scheldle that makes it look like they are playing the best and hardest scheldle out there.. but then they scheldle a less skilled oppent after these games so they can demolish them and feel good about themselves telling everyone they beat a team by 14 when really its a sad reason for why the hide behind the reason that they lose to teams like bearden and dont ever end up being number 1

QUOTE(BigL @ Apr 20 2007 - 02:59 PM) 826441937[/snapback]Farragut needed that win. b/c if South-doyle beats bearden then it would be a 3-way tie for first place and go down to goal differential. So you can't really say it was awful for them to beat them that bad

That is a good point and smart by the Farragut coach to know of these things. If goal differential comes into play, is there a maximum goal-per-game rule? Because if there isn't, then it wouldn't be fair to Bearden since WB will not play them. Same thing with Heritage. I would like to know the rules on this subject.....if anyone knows the scoring/tie-breaker rule, please post it.

As far as the scoring thing goes, I believe what someone else posted- it isn't Farraguts job to stop the scoring. I would rather get beat badly than to have my opponent slow down for me. That is the worst thing to do. I say pull the starters, let the younger players get some experience....at full speed! If it ends up 20-0...so be it!!!!

QUOTE(brick25 @ Apr 20 2007 - 10:54 PM) 826442139[/snapback]Farragut is a really good team who thinks they are the greatest team.. this has been true for more than just this year. And the love to talk about being #1 and all this before the year and how they are going to dominate state. Both these things have not come true in a couple of years for them. And they love to have a couple of tough games like bearden so they have the teams on their scheldle that makes it look like they are playing the best and hardest scheldle out there.. but then they scheldle a less skilled oppent after these games so they can demolish them and feel good about themselves telling everyone they beat a team by 14 when really its a sad reason for why the hide behind the reason that they lose to teams like bearden and dont ever end up being number 1

Farragut does play a hard schedule. The only "easy" teams Farragut plays that they dont actually have to are Walker Valley and Bradley Central and i guess Airport(SC) who was actually really good last year. Everyone else is pretty legit. I guess Farragut is the first team of any kind to play an easy team after a hard team. I also don't see anyone bragging about how they beat William Blount. It's not like the game was supposed to be close, so there really is no reason to brag about it. That's just the way the game ended up.