State Tournaments- D1

Here is a quick predicted order of finish and run-down for each of the state tournaments (excluding 16U):

10U

1. KGC Lady Pride

2. Tennessee Team Pride

3. Team Memphis Elite (Jackson)

4. Tennessee Express

This age group will come down to what could be a classic showdown between Tennessee Team Pride and the KGC Lady Pride considering both are quick, big, and fundamental teams with exceptional coaching. Team Memphis Elite (Jackson) has enough athleticism to finish third, and for right now, I am going to go with the Express finishing fourth though I do believe both the Memphis Select Tigers and Tennessee Shock could pull off a victory against them.

11U

1. Tennessee Team Pride

2. Tennessee Ladies

3. Team Memphis Elite (Mays)

4. Tennessee Xtreme

The 11U State should go just about the same way it did last year. There could be a flip between the Tennessee Ladies and Team Memphis Elite (Mays) for second and third. I do not expect Team Pride to have any mental lapses (such as they did last year in pool play against the Tennessee Ladies) this year as the Defending National Champions should roll right on through the State Tournament.

12U

1. Memphis Flight (Wilson)

2. Tennessee Xtreme

3. Tennessee Express

4. Tennessee Lady Trotters

This age group is highly unpredictable and the second toughest of the age groups to predict. This tournament could go a number of ways but I like the Flight because they have combined the best players from the FCA Lady Eagles, the Memphis Lady Elite, and Memphis Glory teams from last year and they looked very strong when I saw them. Despite the win by the Trotters in Sub-State over the Xtreme, I have a feeling the Xtreme will be in the Championship Game if they can beat the Express in pool play (should be yet another classic battle between the Xtreme and Express) and set up a rematch with the Trotters in the Semi-Final Game.

13U

1. Memphis Lady Bobcats

2. Tennessee Lady Shox

3. Team Memphis Elite (Daniels)

4. Tennessee Flight Trotters

The 13U State Tournament is impossible to predict. Those top four teams could go a variety of ways because they are all capable of beating each other on any given day. I was ready to give the Lady Shox the nod for the top spot until I saw the Memphis Lady Bobcats defeat them in the finals of the Huntsville Super Regional. I still think the Lady Shox may be the best team in this age group in Tennessee at this particular time, but I thought that last year and they ended up finishing fourth. Of course, you can never count out the Defending State Champions in Team Memphis Elite (Daniels) who appear to be primed and ready to try to defend their championship.

14U

1. KGC Lady Pride

2. Memphis Flight

3. Tennessee Team Pride (Gold)

4. Tennessee Wings

KGC continues to be the favorite (if they can remain healthy) until someone knocks them off and with the addition of Ashlee Acuff (former Lady Trotter) that is going to be even more difficult to do. The Memphis Flight has the best chance of taking them down as they have a multitude of talent including Lauren Avant (committed to Tennessee), Jasmine Trotter (former 6'3" Arkansas Mavericks center), Madison Lee (former KGC player), and all the other great Memphis area players. Tennessee Team Pride (Gold) will yet again finish third despite their "merge" with the Tennessee Lady Tigers in which they "gained" two new starters from their "rivals." In addition, the Wings will probably give Team Pride a run for their money for that third spot considering the Wings (who are not as deep or have as much athleticism) took Team Pride (who basically just got outcoached) to overtime in the Murfreesboro Super Regional and just nearly pulled off the "upset."

15U

1. Tennessee Team Pride (Gold)

2. Memphis Flight (James)

3. Memphis Flight (Miles)

4. Tennessee Elite (Jackson)/Tennessee Team Pride (Maroon)

The top three teams in this age group could go a variety of ways. I'm giving the edge to the Tennessee Team Pride (Gold) squad based on the fact that they won it last year and finished third in the country. Memphis Flight (James) and Memphis Flight (Miles) have already had some classic battles this season and really one is no better then the other as both of them are capable of taking down Woosley and company. The fourth position should come down to who ever wins the pool play game between the Tennessee Elite (Jackson) and Tennessee Team Pride (Maroon). Both teams match-up pretty well, so that should be a game to keep an eye on. The inside play of Davis and Crouch for Team Pride (Maroon) could be the deciding factor as they are both very good up-and-coming players.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(ptguard12 @ May 3 2007 - 12:30 AM) 826450589[/snapback]Here is a quick predicted order of finish and run-down for each of the state tournaments (excluding 16U):

10U

1. KGC Lady Pride

2. Tennessee Team Pride

3. Team Memphis Elite (Jackson)

4. Tennessee Express

This age group will come down to what could be a classic showdown between Tennessee Team Pride and the KGC Lady Pride considering both are quick, big, and fundamental teams with exceptional coaching. Team Memphis Elite (Jackson) has enough athleticism to finish third, and for right now, I am going to go with the Express finishing fourth though I do believe both the Memphis Select Tigers and Tennessee Shock could pull off a victory against them.

11U

1. Tennessee Team Pride

2. Tennessee Ladies

3. Team Memphis Elite (Mays)

4. Tennessee Xtreme

The 11U State should go just about the same way it did last year. There could be a flip between the Tennessee Ladies and Team Memphis Elite (Mays) for second and third. I do not expect Team Pride to have any mental lapses (such as they did last year in pool play against the Tennessee Ladies) this year as the Defending National Champions should roll right on through the State Tournament.

12U

1. Memphis Flight (Wilson)

2. Tennessee Xtreme

3. Tennessee Express

4. Tennessee Lady Trotters

This age group is highly unpredictable and the second toughest of the age groups to predict. This tournament could go a number of ways but I like the Flight because they have combined the best players from the FCA Lady Eagles, the Memphis Lady Elite, and Memphis Glory teams from last year and they looked very strong when I saw them. Despite the win by the Trotters in Sub-State over the Xtreme, I have a feeling the Xtreme will be in the Championship Game if they can beat the Express in pool play (should be yet another classic battle between the Xtreme and Express) and set up a rematch with the Trotters in the Semi-Final Game.

13U

1. Memphis Lady Bobcats

2. Tennessee Lady Shox

The 13U State Tournament is impossible to predict. Those top four teams could go a variety of ways because they are all capable of beating each other on any given day. I was ready to give the Lady Shox the nod for the top spot until I saw the Memphis Lady Bobcats defeat them in the finals of the Huntsville Super Regional. I still think the Lady Shox may be the best team in this age group in Tennessee at this particular time, but I thought that last year and they ended up finishing fourth. Of course, you can never count out the Defending State Champions in Team Memphis Elite (Daniels) who appear to be primed and ready to try to defend their championship.

14U

1. KGC Lady Pride

2. Memphis Flight

4. Tennessee Wings

KGC continues to be the favorite (if they can remain healthy) until someone knocks them off and with the addition of Ashlee Acuff (former Lady Trotter) that is going to be even more difficult to do. The Memphis Flight has the best chance of taking them down as they have a multitude of talent including Lauren Avant (committed to Tennessee), Jasmine Trotter (former 6'3" Arkansas Mavericks center), Madison Lee (former KGC player), and all the other great Memphis area players. Tennessee Team Pride (Gold) will yet again finish third despite their "merge" with the Tennessee Lady Tigers in which they "gained" two new starters from their "rivals." In addition, the Wings will probably give Team Pride a run for their money for that third spot considering the Wings (who are not as deep or have as much athleticism) took Team Pride (who basically just got outcoached) to overtime in the Murfreesboro Super Regional and just nearly pulled off the "upset."

15U

The top three teams in this age group could go a variety of ways. I'm giving the edge to the Tennessee Team Pride (Gold) squad based on the fact that they won it last year and finished third in the country. Memphis Flight (James) and Memphis Flight (Miles) have already had some classic battles this season and really one is no better then the other as both of them are capable of taking down Woosley and company. The fourth position should come down to who ever wins the pool play game between the Tennessee Elite (Jackson) and Tennessee Team Pride (Maroon). Both teams match-up pretty well, so that should be a game to keep an eye on. The inside play of Davis and Crouch for Team Pride (Maroon) could be the deciding factor as they are both very good up-and-coming players.

Good luck to all the state participants as they embark on Shelbyville this upcoming weekend.

From what I know: the 15U SE-TN Region (which is arguably the best region in the country for this age group) should be one to remember.

Don’t be surprised to see Memphis Flight in the finals of the 13U, 14U and 15U. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Here is a quick predicted order of finish and run-down for each of the state tournaments (excluding 16U):

14U

1. KGC Lady Pride

2. Memphis Flight

4. Tennessee Wings

ptguard12,

Please keep all of us left behind updated as soon as possible with the scores. East Tn sure would like to see another win from KGC. Good Luck to all the girls and the coaches and may GOD keep you healthy. Remember win or lose hold your head high as you're a winner already. Good Luck ladies!

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ May 16 2007 - 06:57 AM) 826460055[/snapback]Good luck to all the state participants as they embark on Shelbyville this upcoming weekend.

From what I know: the 15U SE-TN Region (which is arguably the best region in the country for this age group) should be one to remember.

Don’t be surprised to see Memphis Flight in the finals of the 13U, 14U and 15U. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hummm.... Looks like somebody was right! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(ptguard12 @ May 3 2007 - 12:30 AM) 826450589[/snapback]Here is a quick predicted order of finish and run-down for each of the state tournaments (excluding 16U):

13U

1. Memphis Lady Bobcats

2. Tennessee Lady Shox

14U

1. KGC Lady Pride

2. Memphis Flight

4. Tennessee Wings

15U

Hummm..... Looks like somebody was wrong! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Memphis Flight was underestimated in all three age groups..... Show us some love Ptguard12 /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ May 25 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826466904[/snapback]Hummm.... Looks like somebody was right! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And modest too....lol. Maybe we need you to start coming out with predictions like ptguard12....