Hillsboro vs. Hoover scrimmage!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ May 8 2007 - 07:34 AM) 826454170[/snapback]I don't believe that is the case, I believe that Hillsboro can contend with Syrmna and Riverdale day in and day out.

I will agree with you here. I think what some of the folks on here are saying is that across the state, typically 5A is more competitive than 4A. To me it just depends on where you are. There are spots where 4A is more competitive than 5A and other spots where 5A is more competitive than 4A. I think schools like Alcoa in 2A, your burros - Maryville - and probably even Morristown West in 4A can hang with the best of the best no matter what classification. I do think that when it comes to the playoffs 5A is the tougher road. Once you get to the semifinals everything evens out though. I think that if Maryville, Smyrna, and BA had played each other in a round robin it would have been a long time before someone beat the other two back to back.

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ May 8 2007 - 08:44 AM) 826454241[/snapback]I am talking about this decade not the past.

That is what we were talking about in an earlier post. Athletes come in cycles at many public schools. The past decade has been good to Hillsboro, but tut is right check it. When Hillsboro was 5A they were not as dominant as they are today!!

I think workinprogress said it best. Some programs can compete in any division and any place, but do not kid yourself the road to the championship is ALOT easier in 4A then any other of the divisions. It is very watered down after the Big four or so! This is just our opinion. Take it for what it is worth and go on!!

I agree, we will probably see a Hillsboro vs. Maryville final next December. Who else can beat either one of them?

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ May 8 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826454305[/snapback]Guess we will see. Hillsboro plays both Franklin (5A) and MBA (private) this season.

and will probably beat both of those!

I have never said that Hillsboro or any other 4A team could not beat a 5A team or DII. What I did say was that after the Maryville's and the Hillsboros and used to be Melroses of 4A it is much weaker than 5A top to bottom. I was only stating what someone else started first. I just showed where some 4A/5A teams in middle tenn. benefitted by dropping to 4A and other were doing ok in 4A and are getting killed in 5A.

Get over it football 15. No one is disgracing Hillsboro and your mighty burros!!

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ May 8 2007 - 09:57 AM) 826454312[/snapback]No I don't think you get my point. Maryville, Hillsboro, Brentwood Academy, Riverdale have been able to play with anyone over the past several years.

read post #43 I believe I did say the last 10 years have been good to Hillsboro. I'm through arguing with you. You think you have a chip on your shoulder when Hillsboro has better athletes then 80% of the teams they play!! You have no reason to be so quick to judge others!!!

QUOTE(coachfoozeball @ May 8 2007 - 10:02 AM) 826454316[/snapback]read post #43 I believe I did say the last 10 years have been good to Hillsboro. I'm through arguing with you. You think you have a chip on your shoulder when Hillsboro has better athletes then 80% of the teams they play!! You have no reason to be so quick to judge others!!!

Should Hillsboro lose 20% of their contests? The Burros had 0 Divsion IA signees this past year. Whites Creek had 1. Many would say that the Creek, Stratford, Antioch and Maplewood have better athletes than Hillsboro. Overton and Hillwood have about the same # of athletes at their schools if not more. If we want to dig into the past, we need to look at BA's run when everyone had to play in the 3 classifications.