District 12AA Tournament

poptart23

QUOTE(diamondd1pro @ May 9 2007 - 06:54 PM) 826455714[/snapback]What is sad about this tornament is that after each game 10 year old children play on the same field. 20 plus home runs during the tournament and maybe three would be out at any other park. Something needs to be done to some of these highschool fields. Great tornament for hitters, but very discouraging to pitchers. It will be intresting to see what happens to the teams moving on. Good luck to all. Pitchers keep your heads up.

Lexington shares the field with the Babe Youth teams. So its 13 year olds. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(diamondd1pro @ May 9 2007 - 07:48 PM) 826455757[/snapback]I love our west tn. teams and I just don't like to see a tournament decided on a bunch of pop ups that blow out of a park that is no more than 345 in dead center and I think they might have added a few feet on the sign. It penalizes the line drive hitting teams. I don't post much but I also felt I needed to speak on this so young men that layed in that tornament don'y beat themselves up over it. I know the little league parents are happy it just went one game today. You hate to turn the 10 year olds away from their games. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Good luck West TN.

You are incorrect about that being a Little League field. The Little league field was directly behind where your team got beat, They kept hitting them over the 200 ft. fence they were playing on and onto the field your team was playing on. I don't know maybe they just hit good in Lexington what ever the age.

This is a district that the top 4 teams played mostly low scoring games against each other in regular season, the 3-2, 2-1, 4-2, 5-0 type games. In District tournament the scores were 14-12, 18-11, 15-11, 9-5 games in last 4 games. The field is small for a high school field, but it was small for all teams, It just favored the teams with the most 320 fly ball hitters. Maybe it as the hot weather, the wind that caused the ball to be jumping, but everything that got up seemed to go out. And not all runs were home runs, there were the walks and HBP's and hits that preceded the home runs. I know Liberty only played 3 games and hit as many HR's as they did in regular season and gave up more home runs than they did in regular season in over 30 games. But all teams had the same advantages and disadvantages.

Good luck to Bolivar and Lexington in regionals.

QUOTE(jusdontno @ May 10 2007 - 07:34 AM) 826456227[/snapback]This is a district that the top 4 teams played mostly low scoring games against each other in regular season, the 3-2, 2-1, 4-2, 5-0 type games. In District tournament the scores were 14-12, 18-11, 15-11, 9-5 games in last 4 games. The field is small for a high school field, but it was small for all teams, It just favored the teams with the most 320 fly ball hitters. Maybe it as the hot weather, the wind that caused the ball to be jumping, but everything that got up seemed to go out. And not all runs were home runs, there were the walks and HBP's and hits that preceded the home runs. I know Liberty only played 3 games and hit as many HR's as they did in regular season and gave up more home runs than they did in regular season in over 30 games. But all teams had the same advantages and disadvantages.

Good luck to Bolivar and Lexington in regionals.

High school games have been played on that field for a long time. I think technology has shortened the playing field. I remember back when players pretty much hit with fence posts with paint schemes, that field kept a lot of balls in. With all the new technology in bats and balls, its a whole lot easier to hit one out now.

While you are at it, could you please get in touch with the Houston Astros to have them fix the dimensions of Minute Maid Park as well. Maybe get in touch with the Red Sox and Yankees too. The Green Monster really isn't fair to line drive hitters, and that short porch in right in Yankee Stadium is a joke for a power left handed hitter. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />