Elizabethton Football

QUOTE(THSVikings2004 @ Jun 11 2007 - 11:03 PM) 826474052[/snapback]GLee, try to keep us informed on the Cyclones' progress throughout the summer. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It will take some time but the key is to have a leader who will install a 'toughness' about the boys. That and some plain ole football 'smarts'. The kids have always been available to be competitive. Now throw in someone they can believe in and the building process will begin. Alot has been torn down, so there is lots of work to do, starting with the line on both sides of the ball.

Viking, I'll be in Kentucky and will rely on friends and the net to keep me updated on my ball playing friends. I wish them the very best! Good luck to the Vikings as well.

GO CYCLONES!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehs assistants

QUOTE(GLee @ Jun 12 2007 - 05:07 PM) 826474317[/snapback]It will take some time but the key is to have a leader who will install a 'toughness' about the boys. That and some plain ole football 'smarts'. The kids have always been available to be competitive. Now throw in someone they can believe in and the building process will begin. Alot has been torn down, so there is lots of work to do, starting with the line on both sides of the ball.

Viking, I'll be in Kentucky and will rely on friends and the net to keep me updated on my ball playing friends. I wish them the very best! Good luck to the Vikings as well.

GO CYCLONES!!

EHS football has gone down hill for reasons other than Coach Pless and no one has mentioned this factor. At one time they had one of the best group of assistant coaches in the area.Mckinney, Hyder,Perkins,Hastings and even Childress.The current staff is no where the quality of those mentioned above. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

QUOTE(lookingout @ Jun 13 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826474585[/snapback]Ehs assistants

EHS football has gone down hill for reasons other than Coach Pless and no one has mentioned this factor. At one time they had one of the best group of assistant coaches in the area.Mckinney, Hyder,Perkins,Hastings and even Childress.The current staff is no where the quality of those mentioned above. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

True and we also had some GREAT athletes all in the span or 5-7 years.

QUOTE(CoachSH @ Jun 13 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826474641[/snapback]True and we also had some GREAT athletes all in the span or 5-7 years.

I agree and there weren't many 'players' walking the halls not wanting to play. There were reasons for that problem. Grades were one and a loss of desire was another. Leadership from the sidelines was key as well.

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Jun 13 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826474810[/snapback]EHS has filled its AD (Wilson) and Principal (Pless) openings, but as of today is now looking to hire new head coaches in the big three boys sports:

Football

Basketball

Baseball

What's in the water in Betsy?

very sad losing your baseball coach

QUOTE(CADDYBRIE @ Jun 13 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826474839[/snapback]Lots of changes in the Leaders in Elizabethton. Could it have something to do with the "super" in place. Losing Gil Payne may be the worst lose for them.

Super has done it again! He has basically forced out the only coach (boys) that has had sucess. I wonder if Mrs Ward can get a recall up to remove the authority!! He has done more to disrupt the school system than Roper ever did! I propose since Elizabethton is willing to give him free reigns with the school system then rename in his honor. I am totally frustrated with Coach Paynes resignation.The Elizabethton school system is and has been in dissaray for several years and continues to be regardless of the spin that some are trying to put on it. FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY SAD DAY IN ETOWN.LOST IS A GREAT MAN WITH INTEGRITY AND PRIDE,NOT TO MENTION SOMEONE WHO LOVED THE KIDS.I AM NOT REALLY SUPRISED BY THIS THOUGH,BECAUSE I KNOW ELIZABETHTON SYSTEM AND HOW IT WORKS.IF YOU ARE AN OUTSIDER AND DO A GREAT JOB,YOU BETTER LOOK OUT.YOUR SUCESS IS TARGETED BY OTHERS BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF.GREAT MAN ,GREAT LOSS FOR OUR RETURNING PLAYERS AND ALL STUDENTS.THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES COACH PAYNE AND MY FAMILY WISHES YOU THE BEST IN ALL YOU DO.GOOD LUCK FROM A TRUE FRIEND.

/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Bad news about coach payne, he should have been rewarded in his pocket book for the last 2 years, however i personally dont like the ideal of a head coach serving as AD myself. he had the choice of coaching or doing the AD jobs. I dont blame all this on the current admin. sorry i know i will get bashed for saying that but thats my opinion.

football position i would like to see shawn get the job. but they are others and some very qualified assistants i know of that would love to have the chance at this program that could do as good of job as i think shawn can.

Be patient and see how all this plays out. We have board members that want EHS athletics to be successful and I trust them.

however i see trouble if we hire jeff pierce or any of the current staff. they are not dedicated enough and too layed back, i think a complete overhaul is needed to get back on top where we belong.

basketball.. i would like see marty street get the job.

thats my thoughts so go ahead and bash me if you would like i have the right to express my opinion just like you do.

ehs grad and former player