District 9A Crazy Game

EvilleEagles

QUOTE(fhsbaseball8 @ May 8 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826454339[/snapback]I dont know who either of these teams are, I play in AAA, but the correct rule, is that if the infielder can make a play on the ball, or is attempting to make a play on the ball, then the infield fly rule would be in effect, even if it is in the outfield, and from what i am reading, the shortstop was the one making the play, so the rule should have been in effect.

Actually, the correct rule states that the infielder must be able to make the play with "ordinary" effort. I wasn't there, so I'm not going to make an assumption based on what has been written what type of effort it took for the fielder to attempt to make a play.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Vultor @ May 8 2007 - 06:02 PM) 826454722[/snapback]But if he was given an error then the offical scorer (and I assume it was not from either team) is contradicting what everyone else is saying, well not everyone else. And if he was calling off the left fielder then it must have been routine. Wasn't there don't know just putting posts together and analizing. Another thing that puzzled me and this may have happened but, someone posted that Coach Hardison had to be calmed down and restricted to the dugout. Very uncharacteristic of Coach Hardison. In fact I would say he doesn't get up in the umpires butts enough. I hope these two play again so they both go to region.

Good luck to both teams.

As a former official scorer, you can not charge an error on the play since outs were recorded. Batter would have reached first on fielder's choice, not by error.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 8 2007 - 11:13 PM) 826455069[/snapback]sounds to me like you had a rough year LOL im just kidding

Riverdaleman..as a matter of fact, I have had a really good year..Just think that turn about would be funny at times, dont you? Have seen a lot of great baseball , as you have too, but have also seen some pretty silly moves also..all in all it has been a great year though..the tournaments have really heated up and look to be very exciting til the end..GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS!!!

SEE YOU IN THE BORO R'MAN

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 9 2007 - 06:57 AM) 826455166[/snapback]I heard it was a wild game Mon night

I wouldn't really call it wild but it sure was exciting..It was a game between two rival schools, two good coaching staffs, and two good teams, with a lot of bragging rights and pride on the line..great weather , good pitching, and lots of action. There were a couple of strange situations that occured as you have seen earlier in this thread. the umps got them right but it sure did cause a lot of emotion with the players and fans...Both teams played hard, and both made crucial mistakes at the wrong times it seems , and still it turned out to be a super exciting game.. (By the way, our thoughts are with the Forrest asst coach's dad and family. Hope he is doing better.)

This is the way that the post season should be, I think. ACTION PACKED and EXCITING!!! I watched part (last four innings) of another very emotional and exciting game last night in Tullahoma between Coffee Co. and Lincoln Co. WOW!!! Tie score after 9 innings and then Coffee broke it open with 6 runs in the top of the 10th..GREAT GAME!!! Really a shame either team had to lose this one. Congrats to all the winners and GOOD LUCK

QUOTE(binns37388 @ May 8 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826455057[/snapback]It's Cascade vs MTCS for the district championship Wed at 4pm. If MTCS wins, the if game will be played on Thursday at 6:30pm.

Come with that again? Did MTCS beat Forrest? Don't they still have to beat Forrest to get to the Championship Gme?

QUOTE(Vultor @ May 9 2007 - 08:10 AM) 826455216[/snapback]Come with that again? Did MTCS beat Forrest? Don't they still have to beat Forrest to get to the Championship Gme?

MTCS did beat Forrest last nite. I think the score was 5-3. Cascade vs MTCS for the district title at 4pm today. If MTCS wins today, there will be another game on Thursday at 6:30pm.

QUOTE(binns37388 @ May 9 2007 - 08:28 AM) 826455240[/snapback]MTCS did beat Forrest last nite. I think the score was 5-3. Cascade vs MTCS for the district title at 4pm today. If MTCS wins today, there will be another game on Thursday at 6:30pm.

I stand corrected. It didn't show on the scoreboard or on either teams schedule this morning.

Dont know.... for sure if he was really given an error in the OFFICIAL scorebook or just the one being kept by FHS bookkeeper in dugout or sidelines.

DO know... for sure that the shortstop was not "camped out" under the high fly ball. He just barely got his feet stable under him when the ball hit his glove and fell to the ground.. Did not hear him calling the other fielders off..absolutely sure this was not a routine play for the shortstop to make...

DO know... for sure that more than likely in any other game except a dist or reg tourn game, Coach Hardison WOULD HAVE BEEN ejected probably in the first inning but if not, most definitely in the last inning when he went ballistic. He was asked several times to please calm down , to quit screaming, and the ump crew would make sure the call on the field was correct. Finally, when he would not stop arguing and wanting to protest a call he should have known was not a protestable call in the first place, he was confined to the dugout by the base umpire. Probably would have best just to eject him then anyway...

DO HAVE ... one thought I would like receive some analysis on...How about the umpires getting to call time and run over to the coaches, screaming and ranting and raving, each and every time they see a great baseball coach do something they think is "stupid" or to use the words of a lot of coaches 'horrible, just horrible"like send a runner who gets thrown out by a mile or lets a runner take off without tagging up, or gives the bunt sign when the ump thinks that is not the thing to do at this time, or puts on the hit and run at the wrong time, left his pitcher in too long, or just whenever the ump thinks the coach has screwed up on with any little part of his job??? I would like to think the coach might not enjoy having someone like that " jump up his butt" in your own words. Do you or any coach that you know????? I think that would be hilarious, dont you? Do you think he would just stand there and be ridiculed like that and not do anything about it? I KNOW THAT NONE OF THE COACHES WOULD LIKE THAT!!!!But it is OK for a coach to try to make a fool out of an umpire whenever he thinks he needs to??? I think NOT?

DO NOT think there would be enough room up in "you know where" for the umpire because SOME of the coaches seem to have their heads up thiers sometimes...NOT ALL but some of them...

What about it, Jody72...do you agree?

[/quote

Were you even at the game???if u were watching the same game i was u would know that Hardison didnt go ballistic!I never heard him scream at an umpire one time..and im sure i dont have that bad of ears when i was probally 20 ft away...What about when "Parker" ran to right field and started his 3rd argument of the night on a "Balk" When MoMo got picked off at 1st base..He should've been tossed after that!But maybe he thought he could get the call reversed since he did get EVERY call!

QUOTE(redeyedmd @ May 9 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826455538[/snapback]Were you even at the game???if u were watching the same game i was u would know that Hardison didnt go ballistic!I never heard him scream at an umpire one time..and im sure i dont have that bad of ears when i was probally 20 ft away...What about when "Parker" ran to right field and started his 3rd argument of the night on a "Balk" When MoMo got picked off at 1st base..He should've been tossed after that!But maybe he thought he could get the call reversed since he did get EVERY call!

I can assure you he was there. Coach Hardison did scream at the umpires. I heard him. And screaming at the umpires is going ballistic in my book. Also, Parker went out and argued once, not three times.

QUOTE(Jody72 @ May 9 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826455582[/snapback]I can assure you he was there. Coach Hardison did scream at the umpires. I heard him. And screaming at the umpires is going ballistic in my book. Also, Parker went out and argued once, not three times.

He came out a few times but the time he ran to right field, Parker screamed about 2 to 3 feet from the face of the ump, pointing his finger at his face. Both coaches knew it was a big game and was going to be very close. Can't blame one coach or the other for trying to get a break. Since no one was tossed I guess the umps didn't think it was "ballistic"