Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

QUOTE(reaction @ May 12 2007 - 02:45 PM) 826458066[/snapback]How did this scrimmage turn out?

Here is Tank's take in today's Oak Ridger:

Wildcats challenged as football practice comes to an end

I don't have too much to add. This is the best Bearden team I have seen since I have lived here. They played well and looked crisp. The QB for Bearden did an excellent job.

We still have a lot of work to do, especially with the new defense. I noticed too many guys were having to think through their assignments. Honestly, there were not many bright spots on defense, but Bearden had a lot to do with that.

Offensively, Jarod Stephens looked great running out of the I package. We completed the first pass from scrimmage for a TD. We fumbled 4 times, none forced by the Bearden defense. The last play was a nice post pattern by Coffey; right before the thunderstorm hit.

The score was 1-1 and both teams provided a good test for each other going into summer conditioning.

Thanks,

Tank must have had a space constraint. Very short article with not much detail. I appeciate the additional facts and comments you provided.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(boyfromsi @ May 14 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826458946[/snapback]Here is Tank's take in today's Oak Ridger:

I don't have too much to add. This is the best Bearden team I have seen since I have lived here. They played well and looked crisp. The QB for Bearden did an excellent job.

We still have a lot of work to do, especially with the new defense. I noticed too many guys were having to think through their assignments. Honestly, there were not many bright spots on defense, but Bearden had a lot to do with that.

Offensively, Jarod Stephens looked great running out of the I package. We completed the first pass from scrimmage for a TD. We fumbled 4 times, none forced by the Bearden defense. The last play was a nice post pattern by Coffey; right before the thunderstorm hit.

The score was 1-1 and both teams provided a good test for each other going into summer conditioning.

QUOTE(boyfromsi @ May 14 2007 - 01:23 PM) 826458946[/snapback]Here is Tank's take in today's Oak Ridger:

good scrimmage

Shortened/rain. Really were not enough snaps for either team to establish any sense of timing or momentum. I thought that OR would have been sharper with the Powell scrimmage under their belt. Bearden did look pretty crisp for a spring scrimmage against pretty good talent. This could be one of Bearden's better teams in some time. The have a strong senior class with kids like Shankles and Goodrich up front, Rouse, Pemberton, and Hammilton at LB/FB/RB. Good skill kids with Cunningham, Works, and Halladay, who might just be the most underated QB in the area. Lot's of those guys have either been starting or playing quite a bit since their sophomore season. OR's OL/DL seem strong enough, but played without great pad leverage. DL needs to shed blocks quicker, and stop peeking. LB's are quick and fast. Need to work on pursuit angles, and not taking false step. Rely too much on their speed IMO. Misdirestion, counter, trap stuff could cause them problems. Certainly fixable.