Rutledge protest PF game

jenbug

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think PF is elminated though instead of the number 1 seed they are a #2 seed so they are still in it as far as the umps...we are more worried about strikes and outs than we are how many inngings this guy pitched they did that game right they finished it under protest and let TSSAA make the call even if they did know the rule they still had to finish the game...also we would not be allowed to make anyone aware of the pithcer going into his 11th inning i dont think but the umps probably wasnt aware of how many he had thrown frankly we dont keep up with it too often

QUOTE(jenbug @ May 11 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826457370[/snapback]Heard that Rutledge has protested the second game because PF pitcher pitched 11 innings in one day.

TSSAA has posted on the tournament bracket Rutledge Dist 2 winner and PF Dist 2 runner-up.

Just wondering the name of the PF pitcher, He should get some credit for a great performance. Has he been that good all year?

QUOTE(blue devil dad @ May 12 2007 - 02:33 PM) 826458007[/snapback]Just wondering the name of the PF pitcher, He should get some credit for a great performance. Has he been that good all year?

Derrick Metcalf is the kids name. Hes an average pitcher but has the heart of a lion. In my opinion it was the game of his career, or shall I say games.

QUOTE(SCARfan1624 @ May 12 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826458017[/snapback]Derrick Metcalf is the kids name. Hes an average pitcher but has the heart of a lion. In my opinion it was the game of his career, or shall I say games.

If he hits his spots and mixes the speeds up like he did and his team continues to play like this they will contend with anyone and everyone left in there way to the 'boro.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ May 12 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826457997[/snapback]The BIG loser out of this is Elizabethton, cause I'm sure they would have MUCH rather seen Rutledge rather than PF.

wrong would rather see PF cause they havent played them and i beleive they are throwing the picther they threw against rutledge in the seaon which ended up ELIZ 2 RUT 1

Metcalf is one heck of a player...ive been playin either with or against him since 7th grade. Hes always pitched the same way, effectively hitting spots.

Yea i knew that him leaving pitchers in too long must have been a problem all season...it certainly was on March 31st at smokies stadium..there is NO WAY harveston threw only 115 pitches.

and why was Derrick kept in that whole game if he had such a big lead and there was already a guaranteed spot in regions?

All this talk is leaving several things about this past season unnoticed. Congratulations to Pigeon Forge on Thursday they were the better team and beat Rutledge. I'm not taking anything away from them. But if you will look at the season series Rutledge has beaten PF the previous four times that they played including the winners bracket final on Wed. Granted if PF plays like they did on Thursday they can beat anyone but lets not take one day out of an entire season and talk about how wonderful PF is. Rutledge is the only team with any creditability that PF has beaten all season and if you look at Rutledge they have been up and down at times this year. So both of these teams have a pretty good chance of being defeated on Monday. The PF coach made a mistake and unfortunately the players they have to go on the road on Monday. I believe it was just a great job by the Rutledge coaches of knowing the rules and in no way do I consider them crybabies. I think that they just did what was in the best interest of their players, as any good coach should do. Also I would be willing to bet that the happiest team about all of this is Elizabethton. They would much rather play PF than Rutledge. Hopefully PF and Rutledge will meet up again on Wed and settle the score once and for all.