South Doyle v. D-B

quittalkingandplay

According to to a Kingsport Internet press account of the D-B loss to Science Hill in the Regional Championship game:

D-B will likely start Bo Burton.

"I talked with him today and he seemed to be fine,'' said Ritz of his star pitcher, who got the win Monday at Morristown West. Tyler Joyce will be in reserve Friday at South Doyle, if needed. "I pitched him an inning tonight just because he hasn't gone in a week.''

The people up in Kingsport, including their coaches, have talked all year about their two "aces", Joyce and Burton. Why would the Kingsport coach skip Joyce's turn and pitch Burton on short rest?

Who will be the starting pitcher for South Doyle?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quittalkingandplay @ May 17 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826461082[/snapback]According to to a Kingsport Internet press account of the D-B loss to Science Hill in the Regional Championship game:

D-B will likely start Bo Burton.

"I talked with him today and he seemed to be fine,'' said Ritz of his star pitcher, who got the win Monday at Morristown West. Tyler Joyce will be in reserve Friday at South Doyle, if needed. "I pitched him an inning tonight just because he hasn't gone in a week.''

The people up in Kingsport, including their coaches, have talked all year about their two "aces", Joyce and Burton. Why would the Kingsport coach skip Joyce's turn and pitch Burton on short rest?

Who will be the starting pitcher for South Doyle?

Chad Bell. Ryan Holland threw over 100 pitches last night (Wednesday) and would most likely not throw on Friday. Brentz could also see the mound.

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ May 17 2007 - 12:40 PM) 826461105[/snapback]It will be a close game. Joyce did not pitch because Ritz gave # 3, # 4 and # 5 pitchers a little more pitching time. Lots of Luck Friday night to both teams.

The question was not why did Joyce not pitch on Wednesday night, but why is the Kingsport coach skipping Joyce on Friday night when it would be his "turn" to pitch and instead pitching Burton on short rest (the reporter on the Kingsport local sports website says that Burton pitched on Monday night against Morristown).

QUOTE(quittalkingandplay @ May 17 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826461109[/snapback]The question was not why did Joyce not pitch on Wednesday night, but why is the Kingsport coach skipping Joyce on Friday night when it would be his "turn" to pitch and instead pitching Burton on short rest (the reporter on the Kingsport local sports website says that Burton pitched on Monday night against Morristown).

What did Farragut do last year? That is what Ritz is doing this year. What ever it takes to get to the Fling using the one that will get him there. Joyce will pitch in reserve if needed.

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ May 17 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826461116[/snapback]What did Farragut do last year? That is what Ritz is doing this year. What ever it takes to get to the Fling using the one that will get him there. Joyce will pitch in reserve if needed.

That's right. Also Burton has been the best "big game" pitcher they have had this year.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ May 17 2007 - 01:10 PM) 826461230[/snapback]I would put 1 million dollars on DB losing. Its a numbers thing.

I say you have the odds in your favor WaCo considering DB has been to this,one game from the state now,3 years in a row.I think Ritz has played his cards right this time.We will see.