How bad did Smith Co. get beat in scrimmage with DCA

QUOTE(Antwan @ May 18 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826462556[/snapback]We played probably the best DI private school in the state the last two years. I know they had the best player.

I never said who won. It really doesn't matter. Like I said...scrimmages don't mean much.

That's a good attitude to have if you get beat 35-0(scrimmages dont mean much). Thats being optimistic I must say.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ May 19 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826462582[/snapback]That's a good attitude to have if you get beat 35-0(scrimmages dont mean much). Thats being optimistic I must say.

I said scrimmages...especially spring ones...don't mean much....because they don't. Scrimmages against Trousdale don't mean much...because they

always lose scrimmages. Sandbagging...working on stuff...I don't know...but they always do.

QUOTE(Antwan @ May 19 2007 - 12:31 AM) 826462588[/snapback]I said scrimmages...especially spring ones...don't mean much....because they don't. Scrimmages against Trousdale don't mean much...because they

always lose scrimmages. Sandbagging...working on stuff...I don't know...but they always do.

I'm glad I could finally get Antwan back on here talking a little. It was kind of boring on here without his lame brain excuses and beating around the bush about what he said or didnt say. I was beginning to wonder if he still got on coach T there for a little while.

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ May 19 2007 - 12:36 AM) 826462590[/snapback]I'm glad I could finally get Antwan back on here talking a little. It was kind of boring on here without his lame brain excuses and beating around the bush about what he said or didnt say. I was beginning to wonder if he still got on coach T there for a little while.

What excuses? You keep trying to point out things I've said that I didn't say. I'm just letting you know. If I did say it...you can use it.

QUOTE(Antwan @ May 19 2007 - 12:44 AM) 826462592[/snapback]What excuses? You keep trying to point out things I've said that I didn't say. I'm just letting you know. If I did say it...you can use it.

Come on I think you are sandbaggin. Who really won?

I am just curious. Did they furnish refs in uniform like Goodpasture did? They got the money over there in GP. Guess they wanted it on the up and up. So Gv couldnt complain when they kicked GVs little 1A butt. They have a kicker that can hit it from the 45 yd line. I was impressed with him. GV will go back to the old days and run it in on extra points. No Kicker again. Already got an advantage on GV with depth, that just makes one more. Oh well Gv is use to getting lit up by the Owls. No big deal. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(MO$$$$ @ May 19 2007 - 01:27 AM) 826462608[/snapback]I am just curious. Did they furnish refs in uniform like Goodpasture did? They got the money over there in GP. Guess they wanted it on the up and up. So Gv couldnt complain when they kicked GVs little 1A butt. They have a kicker that can hit it from the 45 yd line. I was impressed with him. GV will go back to the old days and run it in on extra points. No Kicker again. Already got an advantage on GV with depth, that just makes one more. Oh well Gv is use to getting lit up by the Owls. No big deal. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Yeah...they actually did have some spiffily clad refs. DCA has very nice facilities. That's my first trip there. I've been by there many times...just haven't been over to that fine campus.

Lit up by the Owls...nah...now could we possibly compete with the 2007 annointed 1a champs? I just hope our little guys don't get hurt...and we have enough kids to finish the game. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> First things first...though. We have another set of Kitties to contend with in week 0. I fully expect them to be much improved from last year. You have a pretty good set of Cubs first too. Anyway...that's quite a ways off. Time to focus on something else for a few months.

Spoke to a Smith Co. coach myself....6 scores to 0 in favor of Smith Co. Should have been 9 scores if not for some dropped balls. DCA missing 11 who were still competing in baseball. Smith Co. line handled DCA line very well and I personally wouldn't expect 11 baseball players to wildly swing the outcome the other way. It would be interesting regular season game for the two to meet.

QUOTE(beethoven @ May 19 2007 - 07:47 AM) 826462683[/snapback]Spoke to a Smith Co. coach myself....6 scores to 0 in favor of Smith Co. Should have been 9 scores if not for some dropped balls. DCA missing 11 who were still competing in baseball. Smith Co. line handled DCA line very well and I personally wouldn't expect 11 baseball players to wildly swing the outcome the other way. It would be interesting regular season game for the two to meet.

especially if the game was Smith Co

QUOTE(Antwan @ May 19 2007 - 04:34 AM) 826462618[/snapback]Yeah...they actually did have some spiffily clad refs. DCA has very nice facilities. That's my first trip there. I've been by there many times...just haven't been over to that fine campus.

Lit up by the Owls...nah...now could we possibly compete with the 2007 annointed 1a champs? I just hope our little guys don't get hurt...and we have enough kids to finish the game. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> First things first...though. We have another set of Kitties to contend with in week 0. I fully expect them to be much improved from last year. You have a pretty good set of Cubs first too. Anyway...that's quite a ways off. Time to focus on something else for a few months.

The owls going to do another scrimmage? The rest of the teams are doing 2. I havent heard of another one for GV yet. Let me know if Owls do, and I will let you know if GV does. Deal? I know you wouldnt wast your time to come see the Tigers . I would come watch the Owls.

When were the Tigers annointed? I didnt catch the cermony. You know its always the same ole story for the past how many years? You must think GV had a bunch of transfers. Its the same team minus the seniors this year. That should slow the Tigers down. The FB, both top receivers, center and nose guard have graduated. Thats a lot of gaps to try to fill dont you think?

I think the privates didnt want to hurt either team. Make us feel good. What do you think? Surely only being able to split one county for players, owls getting most. How could either team compete with everone else, having an entire county and privates as many as they can find from everywhere? Thats the big lawsute going on now isint it? After all Smith Co definately isnt a big gene pool of football players. You dont think knowing where we stand for players make us work harder for better results do you? Maybe when the big Walmart comes the Owls will get a draw of players off all the people moving in to work there. You know they will come in droves to work there. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Maybe with that will come another fast food resturant at GV and we can get a little draw for some new players. Its tough being a small town county. Any new player is appreciated. But no use crying nothing is going to change. just take what you are blessed with and work hard and play even harder.

Maybe daddy Rankin will fill that coacking job in Smith Co. Come help with football. Get that team fired up. Teach that little pre game dance and chant. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Antwan @ May 19 2007 - 04:34 AM) 826462618[/snapback]Yeah...they actually did have some spiffily clad refs. DCA has very nice facilities. That's my first trip there. I've been by there many times...just haven't been over to that fine campus.

What kitties you talking about for 0 week? Watertown?