AA State Champion?

ElvisUGA24

QUOTE(softballscout @ May 21 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826463902[/snapback]Good Luck to all. Anyone can beat anyone on any given day. May all the girls bring their "A" game, and let it all be settled on the field.

Absolutely...you don't get to be in the elite 8 for nothing. Every team here deserves to win...but as scout said, whoever brings their A game every game will be crowned State Champ. Good Luck to all these fine ball players.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Unreal21 @ May 21 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826463884[/snapback]I have watched Goodpasture and Stone both play. Goodpasture's pitcher is not better. She is good but the girl from Stone is tough and probably one of the better pitchers in the state.

Goodpasture's pitcher isn't "probably one of the better pitchers in the state"-she is without a doubt one of the top 5 pitchers in TN. But again, it will take more than great pitching to win in any class in this tourney.

QUOTE(tnvol63 @ May 21 2007 - 06:28 PM) 826464201[/snapback]it takes 9 defensively on the field to win the game, not just the pitcher.

she must have a capable catcher in front of her and a solid defense behind her

What about covington? i mean they were state runner up last year and only lost 3 seniors! they have strong pitching in Toby Joy and they can hit the deep ball too? i look for them to make some noise and wont be surprised if they win it all!!1

QUOTE(tnvol63 @ May 21 2007 - 06:28 PM) 826464201[/snapback]it takes 9 defensively on the field to win the game, not just the pitcher.

she must have a capable catcher in front of her and a solid defense behind her

Very, very true! It takes all 9 and the girls on the bench too have an important role! Good luck to everyone! It'll be fun!

QUOTE(CHSballer#16 @ May 21 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826464272[/snapback]What about covington? i mean they were state runner up last year and only lost 3 seniors! they have strong pitching in Toby Joy and they can hit the deep ball too? i look for them to make some noise and wont be surprised if they win it all!!1

two and out, maybe three games if they're lucky. They have the easiest road to the state every year. Once there, anyone can get hot and win it, but getting there is so hard. You would think Covington might even luck up and win it one year.

QUOTE(Lions4ever @ May 21 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826464093[/snapback]Absolutely...you don't get to be in the elite 8 for nothing. Every team here deserves to win...but as scout said, whoever brings their A game every game will be crowned State Champ. Good Luck to all these fine ball players.

I have to agree. This is anyone's tourney to win!! There are some tough teams in this class.

QUOTE(fatladysings @ May 21 2007 - 11:34 PM) 826464361[/snapback]Very, very true! It takes all 9 and the girls on the bench too have an important role! Good luck to everyone! It'll be fun!

From experience, it will take focus, a little luck, great defense, and a couple keys hits. Devon last year did not have a very good state tournament statistic wise, but it did not matter she had eight other girls that played great defense, put some runs on the board, and keep each other up even when we were down. We have been fortunate enough to find these things the last couple of years, and I hope all the girls of all the teams realize how lucky they are to even be in the state tournament. Good luck to all.

QUOTE(fatladysings @ May 21 2007 - 03:51 PM) 826464127[/snapback]Goodpasture's pitcher isn't "probably one of the better pitchers in the state"-she is without a doubt one of the top 5 pitchers in TN. But again, it will take more than great pitching to win in any class in this tourney.

Stone's pitcher went and played in the World Cup this past summer in the Netherlands and won the honor of best pitcher of the tourney with 0 era so apperently stone's is one of the best in the world.. kinda beats out top 5 in tennesee

QUOTE(snooks @ May 22 2007 - 12:46 PM) 826464571[/snapback]Stone's pitcher went and played in the World Cup this past summer in the Netherlands and won the honor of best pitcher of the tourney with 0 era so apperently stone's is one of the best in the world.. kinda beats out top 5 in tennesee

I congratulate Stone's pitcher on her achievements, however, softball is a "team" sport and any "team" can be beaten on any given day.

QUOTE(blackbunny @ May 22 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826464575[/snapback]I congratulate Stone's pitcher on her achievements, however, softball is a "team" sport and any "team" can be beaten on any given day.

I agree but, everybody needs to remember that no matter how good you are there is somebody maybe just a little bit better out there some where.... And your right softball is a TEAM not ME.....