AA State Champion?

ElvisUGA24

QUOTE(buc1973 @ May 23 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826465111[/snapback]Sorry Blackbunny. I am sure you are unaware this has been an ongoing battle for us for a while- since our girls basketball team made it to the state tourney this year. I was just trying to explain and keep the facts straight as a preemptive for what I am sure will be an issue if the girls continue to in the tournament.

Softballscout- which school are you with?

Goodpasture

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(softballscout @ May 23 2007 - 08:38 AM) 826465119[/snapback]Goodpasture

Softballscout, sorry to hear about your pitcher and I hope she can recover for tonights game. I hate to see any athlete get hurt and especially when they worked so hard to get here. I am traveling from Crossville today in hopes of seeing the two teams play and really want everyone to be at their best. Our prayers are with her and God Bless!

QUOTE(waterboy-H20 @ May 23 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826465127[/snapback]Softballscout, sorry to hear about your pitcher and I hope she can recover for tonights game. I hate to see any athlete get hurt and especially when they worked so hard to get here. I am traveling from Crossville today in hopes of seeing the two teams play and really want everyone to be at their best. Our prayers are with her and God Bless!

Thanks she is my daughter, and we have been battling this cracked rib since playing camden in april. During districts she had to pitch 14 straight innings and i think aggravated it. Last night she slipped off the rubber and did something. She has been going through a lot, last year in nationals she had a finger broke, and then this. We are taking her to her surgeon this morning. So she will go if she can, if not we have a great little eighth grader that will a household name in the next couple years. Plus our defense and bats are stepping up so we will try to give you guys all we can.

QUOTE(softballscout @ May 23 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826465137[/snapback]Thanks she is my daughter, and we have been battling this cracked rib since playing camden in april. During districts she had to pitch 14 straight innings and i think aggravated it. Last night she slipped off the rubber and did something. She has been going through a lot, last year in nationals she had a finger broke, and then this. We are taking her to her surgeon this morning. So she will go if she can, if not we have a great little eighth grader that will a household name in the next couple years. Plus our defense and bats are stepping up so we will try to give you guys all we can.

Sorry to hear that Scout...I hope all goes well at the doctor today and that she will be ok.

QUOTE(waterboy-H20 @ May 23 2007 - 07:42 AM) 826465095[/snapback]Your quote that Stone is a 3A school not only is wrong it shows that you are not educated on the rules for zoning and softball. Stone is hard zoned and only has 100 students in thier senior class. There is not one player on the softball team that lives in another area going to Stone. I know they play like a 3A and for years they played against 3A (including this one) which means they have trained well. Give the girls some crdit.

Let me see if I can look at this because it looks like someone is saying the pitcher for Stone is not telling the truth, when she was quoted in the tennessen paper which can be found on www.tennessen.com when she said the following (copied and pasted) so that is good for them I guess to get a winning team the first year !!! and then what happens? Lauren is an awesome pitcher and her team has talent good luck to them......This team has it going on....

Just tBy JEFF LOCKRIDGE

Staff Writer

MURFREESBORO —The first-year school is just a clever disguise.

Don’t be fooled. Stone Memorial can play.

The Lady Panthers, comprised of a large batch of Cumberland County transfers and a new freshman class, beat Westview 9-3 in its Class AA softball state tournament debut Tuesday night at Starplex.

“Basically, the whole team transferred,” Stone Memorial senior pitcher Lauren Brown said. “It’s the same team.”

204 Stone Memorial FB 920 920 New School Class AA (basketball, baseball, softball), 3A (football) from tssaa.org this was only the project students per their website for a first year school with no transfer so wonder what the real number for students is going to be for the classification next year.

Good Luck Hope everyone has a wonderful State Tournament

Yes all of the starters from last year minus one transferred. The three seniors could have chosen to stay at CCHS. No one else had a choice.The high schools are hard zoned. No one has the option of transferring just because they want to. As far as classification, with 930 students currently enrolled, Stone is a AA school- not AAA as the previous poster tried to insinuate. Next year with a full freshman class and a full senior class, enrollment will be over 1000. This year it is not. Does that clear up any confusion on your part?

I'm with you buc1973. I wish people would try barking up a different tree for once. This has gotten old. How many ways does it have to be explained? Find something else to whine about (preferably something that's true) and leave the athletes at Stone alone. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />