Jackson Christian vs. Friendship Christian rematch

JCSEAGLESXC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Oger T Raylo @ May 25 2007 - 11:42 AM) 826466919[/snapback]Not against a private school you didnt. Funny how things always go that way. Two private schools fighting it out for number 1 . The more things change the more they stay the same . Goodpasture and USJ also fighting for top spot except now in AA , what does that tell you . Private schools have the advantage and if you dont agree then your just dont want to believe the truth . But of coarse your truth I guess is God smiles on all who go to high dollar christian school.

Holy Cow...that may be one of the worst things I have ever heard. Ok I am exaggerating! But why are your panties in a wod? What do you have a problem with? Is it Christians or Public Schools??? I have no problem with public schools. I went to one for 8 years. Not all private schools are christian by the way!!! Hence USJ!

QUOTE(JCSEAGLESXC @ May 25 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826467282[/snapback]Holy Cow...that may be one of the worst things I have ever heard. Ok I am exaggerating! But why are your panties in a wod? What do you have a problem with? Is it Christians or Public Schools??? I have no problem with public schools. I went to one for 8 years. Not all private schools are christian by the way!!! Hence USJ!

Not exactly sure what the intention of these last 2 senteces were, but doesn't really sound too complimentary of USJ ? I know some fine folks ( and yes Christians)at both schools. I also have witnessed some not-so-Christian acts and attitudes especially on the athletic fields of both schools. I don't believe that having the word "Christian" in your school name or by posting Phil. 4:13 everywhere allows you to corner the market on Christianity. Actions speak a lot louder than words !! By the way,if I took this out of context, please forgive me.

QUOTE(Eddie @ May 26 2007 - 12:30 AM) 826467377[/snapback]FCS individuals and team tied or broke many tournament records. Among those . . . leftfielder Jon Miller most HR's in a tournament (4) and most RBI 16. FCS also set record for most runs in a tournament

Jackson Christian set the record for the most runs in the tournament with 75 total runs i believe, Also in their win over Lookout Valley they set records for runs scored in one tournament game with 26, and most homeruns in one tournament game with 5.

FCS's jon miller set new records that have already been mentioned and as a team they hit 14 homeruns which i believe is a team record.

Great job to both teams and all players on their new records... Special congrats goes out to the seniors at FCS, played in three state championship games and finally came away with the W.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 26 2007 - 01:11 AM) 826467382[/snapback]Jackson Christian set the record for the most runs in the tournament with 75 total runs i believe, Also in their win over Lookout Valley they set records for runs scored in one tournament game with 26, and most homeruns in one tournament game with 5.

FCS's jon miller set new records that have already been mentioned and as a team they hit 14 homeruns which i believe is a team record.

Great job to both teams and all players on their new records... Special congrats goes out to the seniors at FCS, played in three state championship games and finally came away with the W.

it was a great game and one the young men will remember forever

QUOTE(hasbeen7 @ May 25 2007 - 10:54 PM) 826467320[/snapback]Not exactly sure what the intention of these last 2 senteces were, but doesn't really sound too complimentary of USJ ? I know some fine folks ( and yes Christians)at both schools. I also have witnessed some not-so-Christian acts and attitudes especially on the athletic fields of both schools. I don't believe that having the word "Christian" in your school name or by posting Phil. 4:13 everywhere allows you to corner the market on Christianity. Actions speak a lot louder than words !! By the way,if I took this out of context, please forgive me.

What I meant is that not all private schools have Christian ties. Like USJ. I have friends that are Christians that go to USJ. I was trying to make a point that all Private Schools are not stuck up rich Christians. That is the point that the other guy was trying to make.

What I meant is that not all private schools have Christian ties. Like USJ. I have friends that are Christians that go to USJ. I was trying to make a point that all Private Schools are not stuck up rich Christians. That is the point that the other guy was trying to make.

[/quo

If you are refering to me as the other guy then as a christian I think you missed my point . I have read on this thread( which I can post on if I want) all this belief that your performance is gods work . Ill bet a lot of these teams from other private and public schools have lots of fine christian athletes . It sounds like some are saying that your christian schools are some how divinely selected to play the chamionship game . The reality is public schools are zoned and only allowed the players in those zones . Private schools are not zoned . They are allowed players from anywhere . Sure if I had the money I would send my boy to one of your fine schools . I however would never fool myself into believing that when these teams were beating the best public schools 26-0 like Lookout valley that it was a level playing field . Sure your schools may fallow TSSAA standards but there are many rules on a local level that public schools must adhere too that private schools do not . I am also of the opinion that you may not see what goes on behind the scenes. When you consistently beat your non private single A compitition by 10 runs you know you are playing down and these schools are simply staying down because they dont want to have to compete in AA where they belong and maybe even AAA. If you did compete where you should then you would be playing teams such as Goodpasture and USJ . To conclude I believe your schools will only play where they belong when force cause the school would rather win than really compete .

My opinion and I am entitled

Oger,

I do not beleive for one minute JCS gets to play in any game or has any success as a result of our faith...I do think if we are to be consistent with our mission as a school we must give praise to God regardless of the game we find ourselves in...if we play for a state title we want to praise God win or lose...if we play a game in the middle of no where that means nothing...we want to praise God win or lose...if you took any comments of any JCS fan or player to mean otherwise I am sorry...we want to do everything...sports, academics, band, etc to his glory...but we do not think we are more chosen than any other school...public or private...as to where we are placed to play we will leave that up to TSSAA...when they ask us to move...as they have in football next year...we will play, give our all...and when the game is over prise him regardless of the outcome