Jackson Christian vs. Friendship Christian rematch

JCSEAGLESXC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JCSEAGLESXC @ May 26 2007 - 12:03 PM) 826467484[/snapback]Your right, you are entitled to your opinion. It doesn't mean that it is right though.

Prove me wrong ! Or just look back at the past 5 years of state tourneys and see how many winners are public schools. I am not insulting these boys or their teams I am simply pointing out that public schools do not have the same chance to load up a team like private schools do . And that is fact . If you think I am wrong give me something more than saying my opinion does not make me right . Because it also dosent make me wrong . So you explain to me why I am wrong.

QUOTE(Oger T Raylo @ May 26 2007 - 12:40 PM) 826467531[/snapback]Prove me wrong ! . If you think I am wrong give me something more than saying my opinion does not make me right . Because it also dosent make me wrong . So you explain to me why I am wrong.

Answer this for me Oger and you will find your proof!

How many privates were in the 1A state tournament in 2006?

Answer 0

The finals featured Forest vs. McKenzie and rather than cry "it ain't fair" the privates worked hard to get better instead of looking for excuses. The result obviously speak for themselves!

Congrats to both JCS and the 2007 class 1A STATE CHAMPS - Friendship Christian COMMANDERS

Enjoy your proof! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(Volzchamps @ May 26 2007 - 11:24 PM) 826467890[/snapback]Answer this for me Oger and you will find your proof!

Answer 0

The finals featured Forest vs. McKenzie and rather than cry "it ain't fair" the privates worked hard to get better instead of looking for excuses. The result obviously speak for themselves!

Congrats to both JCS and the 2007 class 1A STATE CHAMPS - Friendship Christian COMMANDERS

Enjoy your proof! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I agree - Also in 2006, 2A championship - Covington beat USJ, 3A championship - Bartlett lost to Farragut 2007, 3A champion - Bartlett Not taking away from the hard work the public schools put in, I do feel the students in the better private programs do work harder maybe to get their "money's worth". I think a lot depends on the program, private or pubic, and the group of kids coming thru at any given time. The same goes not only for athletics but academics,etc.

QUOTE(Oger T Raylo @ May 26 2007 - 12:40 PM) 826467531[/snapback]Prove me wrong ! Or just look back at the past 5 years of state tourneys and see how many winners are public schools. I am not insulting these boys or their teams I am simply pointing out that public schools do not have the same chance to load up a team like private schools do . And that is fact . If you think I am wrong give me something more than saying my opinion does not make me right . Because it also dosent make me wrong . So you explain to me why I am wrong.

If this is true then why is it that teams like, Liberty and Gleason can win the basketball tournaments, and Maryville and Alcoa can win the football championships. In Track the A-AA champion Brainerd and Austin-East can win the track Championships.

In a lot of counties there is only one school. So they get all of the athletes, unless they are willing to move or travel a long distance to another school. Maryville (public school!!!) won like 5 state championships in football in a row. Just because in baseball this year, it seemed like private schools were the only ones playing, it wasn't. Huntington had the best record of the teams in the tourny. I think at best private schools and public schools are even. I think that in reality Public Schools have the better chance of getting good athletes. They have a bigger pond to draw from.

Agreed! There are a lot of great teams on both sides. I think that even though sometimes the privates come out on top, it is basically even.

TO EVERYONE huntingDon is spelled with a D. Many people got this wrong. Including the bracket displayed at Siegel High School, sight of the upper bracket's games.

QUOTE(Volzchamps @ May 26 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826467890[/snapback]Answer this for me Oger and you will find your proof!

Answer 0

Yep thats right but as I asked someone look at the last 5 years or 10 and see how many times public schools made it too the top . Statistics dont lie!

QUOTE(Volzchamps @ May 27 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826467890[/snapback]Answer this for me Oger and you will find your proof!

Answer 0

So lets break it down to just single A . Last year is all you could find and that proves me wrong? In My county there are 5 high schools , we dominated(in district and region) but as always in public it is luck of the draw. None of your schools are limited to a section of a county to be able to find your talent . I know sometimes a public school sneaks in . In 98 I think it was , Coalfield won the state . Although the state consisted of 4 teams instead of 8 . 4 teams means not as much pitching required . Look your teams are great teams I just think they should be playing with Goodpasture and USJ instead of Lookout Valley and Rockwood .

QUOTE(Oger T Raylo @ May 30 2007 - 04:35 PM) 826469216[/snapback]So lets break it down to just single A . Last year is all you could find and that proves me wrong? In My county there are 5 high schools , we dominated(in district and region) but as always in public it is luck of the draw. None of your schools are limited to a section of a county to be able to find your talent . I know sometimes a public school sneaks in . In 98 I think it was , Coalfield won the state . Although the state consisted of 4 teams instead of 8 . 4 teams means not as much pitching required . Look your teams are great teams I just think they should be playing with Goodpasture and USJ instead of Lookout Valley and Rockwood .

I disagree Oger. My team, FC, lost in the 2006 Sectionals to Lookout Valley whom you say can't compete with the likes of FCS and other privates. Your public school powers that be in the T$$AA Board of control have already imposed their multiplier to privates and basically doubled our enrollment numbers. In our County (Wilson) there are 3 AAA baseball programs (Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, and Lebanon) and another 2 single A programs (Watertown and MJCA - I don't hear you complaining about this private). FC must compete with all of these schools in their county for student/athletes all while charging thousands of dollars in tuition which none of the publics do. Don't think all the baseball talent in Wilson Co attends FCS. The University of Tennessee's ace (James Adkins) came out of Wilson Central 3 years ago and Mt. Juliet has 3-4 players either already at Vanderbilt or committed there. Lebanon has players at Lipscomb and other schools as well. Most of the schools in Wilson Co feature coaches who played/and/or coached under coach Woody Hunt at Cumberland University so they all know how to develop talent and how to win.

Friendship has now been open 30 years and finally won a STATE Championship this year and all we read on here is how unfair it is that you poor little publics have to compete against the big bad wolf called private schools.

I'd say if you really want to be able to compete come tournament time you might look inward for answers.

FC's schedule regularly includes games against larger AA and AAA schools like Gallatin, Lebanon, Hendersonville, Wilson Central, Riverdale, Siegel, Mt. Juliet, Shelbyville, White House, Goodpasture, DCA, BA, etc. Their coaches and A.D. literally look for the best competition available for the regular season rather than scheduling down and trying to build up their won-loss record. You see facing quality competition only improves your skill level even though it might hurt the stats and record.

As a result, hopefully their team is prepared for the top level of play when it counts in MAY. This year it worked out. The past 29 it hasn't.

So before you go looking to blame the privates, look inward for your problems solutions.

This thread tickles me. I don't remember any publics crying when I was in school ... getting pummeled during football season. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> When the shoe hits the other foot, they can't take it. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />