Bearden v Farragut State Finals

defaultuser

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 31 2007 - 08:11 PM) 826469863[/snapback]To answer the first question.. Don't think so. For some reason people are only interested in the foul. The answer to the 2nd question is.. I highly doubt it.

Who cares about the foul. I was at the game it wasn't that big of a deal. Its a sport and fouls happen and they need to get the game up somewhere

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(defaultuser @ May 31 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826469864[/snapback]Who cares about the foul. I was at the game it wasn't that big of a deal. Its a sport and fouls happen and they need to get the game up somewhere

I think it was more of what happened afterwards and that me and some others said there was no foul, but the video that someone did put up is only of the foul. I have been saying to put the goals up since someone mentioned they had the video. If I had a copy of it I would put it up in a heartbeat.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 31 2007 - 07:16 PM) 826469865[/snapback]I think it was more of what happened afterwards and that me and some others said there was no foul, but the video that someone did put up is only of the foul. I have been saying to put the goals up since someone mentioned they had the video. If I had a copy of it I would put it up in a heartbeat.

Yes i agree with you I was at the game and I want to see the goals again. About the foul.....I applaud Backstroms effort to run the guy down and try to get the ball. That is what made that game so special is that no one ever gave up on anything ball or any play. But saying that it is still not right what he did after the play and I know he is very sorry. I just can't get over that game it was just so amazing how hard the players played and how bad they wanted it. To every player on both teams I tip my hat to you and to your efforts. Great game, crazy out come. I very much enjoyed it.

QUOTE(twinkletoes14 @ May 31 2007 - 08:41 PM) 826469878[/snapback]Yes i agree with you I was at the game and I want to see the goals again. About the foul.....I applaud Backstroms effort to run the guy down and try to get the ball. That is what made that game so special is that no one ever gave up on anything ball or any play. But saying that it is still not right what he did after the play and I know he is very sorry. I just can't get over that game it was just so amazing how hard the players played and how bad they wanted it. To every player on both teams I tip my hat to you and to your efforts. Great game, crazy out come. I very much enjoyed it.

I totally agree it was an amazing game. But everybody is makin a BIG deal about what he did after the play. It really wasn't that big of a deal. I bet he wished he didn't do it but he was angry and instead of cussing the dude out he gave a gesture to him. Who cares stuff like this happens all the time and nobody makes a big deal about it and they are about his? He did it, he got punished END OF STORY

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 31 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826469863[/snapback]To answer the first question.. Don't think so. For some reason people are only interested in the foul. The answer to the 2nd question is.. I highly doubt it.

Just out of curiosity, how many copies of the game would Farragut and Bearden fans want to purchase?

QUOTE(defaultuser @ May 31 2007 - 09:24 PM) 826469936[/snapback]I totally agree it was an amazing game. But everybody is makin a BIG deal about what he did after the play. It really wasn't that big of a deal. I bet he wished he didn't do it but he was angry and instead of cussing the dude out he gave a gesture to him. Who cares stuff like this happens all the time and nobody makes a big deal about it and they are about his? He did it, he got punished END OF STORY

QUOTE(informed @ Jun 3 2007 - 08:15 PM) 826470959[/snapback]Just out of curiosity, how many copies of the game would Farragut and Bearden fans want to purchase?

I'm glad someone agress with me! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I don't go to either scool and I know alot of people that one one from my school.

QUOTE(BigG @ Jun 4 2007 - 09:28 AM) 826471072[/snapback]Wasn't this game televised on WMAK?

I believe they showed the CAK championship game because it was early in the day. I remember calling one of my friends asking them waht game they were showing and she said they were showing the CAK game and she was watching it. Had they shown the this game they basically would have had to do it live. I guess it is impossible for them to have taped both and then show one on sunday or something.

QUOTE(The Tron Special @ May 27 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826468262[/snapback]Ok im gonna try to put an end to this. Im Ben Backstrom and first off i want to say that i got caught up in the moment and i let my emotions get the best of me and im sorry for what i did. The bearden player stole the ball from me so i chased him down and when i caught up to him and poked the ball away he decided to take a huge dive. The ref called a foul and this really frustrated me for some reason. So i called the bearden player a woman (in different terms) and made a womans body part with my hands (i know very inappropriate). I immediately regretted my actions especially when i received a double yellow for "taunting" and had to leave the game with about 6 minutes left. Luckily my teammates came through for me and finished off the game. Pseudo im not even going to say anything about you or ur family and i knew all u needed was one thing to again start hatin on me. But we won state so its all good in da hood. I hope this clears up this sticky situation. And i will end this with one of my favorite quotes "Dont hate the player, hate the game"

-Ben Tron Backstrom

The Tron Special, I appreciate the explanation! I can understand the part about caught in the moment- it happened to me as I replied. I will say that I am in no way "a hater". I have had the pleasure of watching 100's of high school games- and will continue long after my children are through playing. Just so you know, I am Trevor Cook's father- the starting center defender for Bearden. I have heard him talk about you and he always had great things to say, he always said you were the scariest person to try and stop. He rarely say's that about others, so I imagine that is a compliment! Since he is going to play for The University of the Cumberlands, you might get to play against him again as they are trying to get a game with Western Kentucky ( according to the head coach at UC Paulo Neto). He will be joining his brother Craig, who is Tinman on this site. Craig rarely makes predictions, but he believes they will win a National Championship within 2 years. I have been to many college games in the last 2 years, I can tell you the play gets much more intense. In one game I saw 3 season ending injuries. 2 on 1 team and 1 for the other- this was caused by one person making a "gesture" to the other. Just something to keep in mind as you move on!!

I know that was an awesome game with a lot of energy- your team did deserve the win. As my son said when he got home late that night, he walked in, sat down and said " you know what.....it wasn't meant for us to win that game...when have you ever seen 2 of the most perfect goals from the same team?". He was talking about the header from Fisher and the final goal. Those were amazing!! I will also say that I had the pleasure of coaching some of those kids when they were younger- Robert Fisher, Brandon Wyrick and Trevor Cook were all on the same team for a few years. Then others graduated last year from various schools. It was great to see them have such great high-school years!! Good luck in the future!! I hope to see you play in a College game.

As for the other stuff that goes on in the stands- that's why I stay away from people. They don't like my comments and I don't like their's. I do however like reading the posts..it adds some things that you can't get any where else.