Mr. Soccer AAA

defaultuser

QUOTE(footfairy10 @ May 28 2007 - 05:51 PM) 826468527[/snapback]I agree that Ben Backstrom and Jake Russell from Farragut should be Mr. Soccer.

I wasn't at the Beardon/Farragut game, but if a player is recieving red cards and is know for his temper on the field, I wouldn't think that the state of Tennessee would want someone to represent Mr. Soccer iwth that kind of behavior. Remember, I am only going by what I read, I don't know the kid or anything. In fact in our game he just played hard and showed great sportsmanship.

Not sure what the qualifications are for MR. Soccer which I would think on and off the field behavior, academics etc... would all be assessed. I didn't get see Backstrom play till the other night, he is definitely a great player, but I would think character on the field would be something that is looked at.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bradley jacobs brentwood

he led brentwood with 25 goals and 16 assists

you have kids like brandon tarr and alez darisnos that when get there pace they look like they're floating

but bradley has a aggressive pace that sets him apart from any other player kind of like steven gerrard

others: matt lightfoot houston

brain walker bearden

alex widner bearden

backstrom/russell farragut

tj brown hendersonville

austin hayes lavergne

dylan cross tullahoma

matt reed blackman

jason deering collierville

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ May 28 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826468544[/snapback]I wasn't at the Beardon/Farragut game, but if a player is recieving red cards and is know for his temper on the field, I wouldn't think that the state of Tennessee would want someone to represent Mr. Soccer iwth that kind of behavior. Remember, I am only going by what I read, I don't know the kid or anything. In fact in our game he just played hard and showed great sportsmanship.

Not sure what the qualifications are for MR. Soccer which I would think on and off the field behavior, academics etc... would all be assessed. I didn't get see Backstrom play till the other night, he is definitely a great player, but I would think character on the field would be something that is looked at.

Yeah he usually shows good sportsmanship but he made a bad mistake in the championship game but he also had a 4.2 GPA during his high school career which is pretty impressive

QUOTE(powerbar @ May 28 2007 - 09:19 PM) 826468599[/snapback]Gatorade Player of the Year went to Tom Webster of Bearden. This award is given to the best soccer player in the state for the 2007 season. Is Mr. Soccer a separate award?

is that for club or highschool or both?

QUOTE(Mueller @ May 26 2007 - 12:05 AM) 826467336[/snapback]Some other Key players whose teams did well:

Backstrom - Farragut

Walker - Bearden

Reed - Blackman

Yah- Science Hill

Sixtos - Independence

Putman - Cookeville

Brown - Hendersonville

Moorad - Ravenwood

Chumjock - Gallatin

Dent, Jacobs - Brentwood

Yah of Science hill - should definitely be consider, but don't know if players on teams that didn't make it to state are actually consider by whoever picks the player. But definitely a player with promising talent and the ability to go very far. Ended the season with 23 goals, 13 Assists and put up an entertaining performance even while loosing to a well organized state champs(Farragut) in the sectionals.