Time for a change

therock

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Jun 14 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826474950[/snapback]Ahh come on, whoooow is me, the privates have it so bad. Sell that to someone else. The last I looked this a forum to give "opinions" and I am going to see to it that I do.

Hang in there. All of the money these guys has spent is starting to weigh on them. You can tell they are running out of convincing arguments. They are getting more defensive every day and are ganging up on you now. That means that the facts are getting to them, especially tnsddeveloper. He'll start changing the subject again, probably to open zone schools, soon.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Jun 14 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826474950[/snapback]Ahh come on, whoooow is me, the privates have it so bad. Sell that to someone else. The last I looked this a forum to give "opinions" and I am going to see to it that I do.

Opinions or slander ... there is a fine line there. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Jun 14 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826475243[/snapback]Opinions or slander ... there is a fine line there. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think you mean libel. Look it up. There is a fine line there.

Don't those Catholic kids have to pay high school tuition?

Lets compare your household income with that of the public

schools in your region? Almost all of your kids don't

qualify for federal lunches.

QUOTE(KCHSCoach @ Jun 12 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826474219[/snapback]Blah, blah, blah.....time for a change? Quit crying, school boards are elected, get better funding, pass a county bond, hold your local school officals accountable, people put money into what they hold dear, but quit blaming others for your local high school's failures......its a free country, you chose to send your kids there, so make it better, but don't try to legislate everyone a state championship, what leason is learned if everyone wins? So change, just stop crying.

our kids have no buses to pick them up

our kids have no federal subsides lunch program

our kids buy their own book, not the county

our kids are NOT automatically zoned for our schools, we have to put a better product out there to attract the kids

plus our Catholic schools take all Catholic kids regardless of ability, including special needs kids.

QUOTE(StanTrott @ Jun 14 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826475275[/snapback]Don't those Catholic kids have to pay high school tuition?

Lets compare your household income with that of the public

schools in your region? Almost all of your kids don't

qualify for federal lunches.

Stan, I am not talking about individuals, federal money goes to each public school to lower the cost of lunches for everyone, those individuals that qualify get vouchers, for free or reduced lunches, but federal money goes into the general lunch programs from the begining

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 14 2007 - 09:04 PM) 826475242[/snapback]Hang in there. All of the money these guys has spent is starting to weigh on them. You can tell they are running out of convincing arguments. They are getting more defensive every day and are ganging up on you now. That means that the facts are getting to them, especially tnsddeveloper. He'll start changing the subject again, probably to open zone schools, soon.

I know the facts are getting to them. When they cant debate with ya they start to slander your family. I'm use to it. I'm just glad my dentist is God fearing man that doesnt rip on my son while he fixes his teeth. LOL. Plus he doesnt make fun of his other clients by saying toof.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Jun 15 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826475410[/snapback]I know the facts are getting to them. When they cant debate with ya they start to slander your family. I'm use to it. I'm just glad my dentist is God fearing man that doesnt rip on my son while he fixes his teeth. LOL. Plus he doesnt make fun of his other clients by saying toof.

What "facts" are "getting to" us? I just want to make sure that I know what I'm being so irrational and slanderous about.

QUOTE(BackinTN @ Jun 12 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826474319[/snapback]Several times I have said I didnt mean all. Guess you missed that. I never said "all," but you wont accept that. I never called your mother dishonest, you made that up on your own. I am not distracting anyone but you, and I'm sure that many others appreciate that because it keeps you from making ignorant comments that are distracting to the actual problem that you deny exists. You are part of the problem and your blatherings may be keeping your betters from finding possible answers.

Your assumptions about what I am saying, and your practice of trying to incorrectly reword and restate what I am saying is showing you for who you are. A sad little assistant coach who is frustrated to still be just that. A sad little assistant coach who doesnt get a look from better programs. Learn to be happy where you are and you will be happier in life. Learn to not try to speak for those who are better than you. Learn to not take me on because you dont have a prayer. Now stop talking to me. I made a post you didnt like. Get over it. Dont try to change my words to fit your sad little way of thinking. Dont call me a liar. Move on and stay on the sidelines trying to help those who have more knowledge, more experience, and more talent than you.

Note to BC:

Remember the old West Texas saying, "You can't out-puke a buzzard."

• 3 weeks later...

You are the one who is throwing around numbers. You are trying to make my statements include much more than I have every said. I have said I know of personal specific instances. You call me a liar, but I know what I know. If you think for one second that I am going to name names and point fingers at specific schools on a sports massage board, you are crazy. Thats the same argument that privates always use. Thats my point of saying move on. That not changing the subject. Thats my refusal to keep beating the same dead horse. And I hate to tell you, you have been beaten by privates that may not be following the rules as closely as your school may or may not be. So if your school is following the rules, why would you not be as strongly for identifying and correcting the problem of those schools who are not? You blindly profess the innocence of privates, when you may be the most sightless of all. Its happening, and its happened to you.

As far as the difference between financial aid and scholarships, in the eyes of a parent who can be swayed, there is no difference. Their childs education is getting paid for by someone other than them. Not talking about technical differences at all. That is not the point, but that is the loopholes that some use.

I hardly ever post on this Board and this will probably be the last time. Baldcoach is passionate about the school he coaches for because he and our other coaches know the rules and go the extra mile to do things right. For everyone on this Board discussing Public-Private debate should know. Boyd Buchanan, Chattanooga Christian, Silverdal Baptist and Grace Christian Academy of Chattanooga stood alone and spent our money to defend the TSSAA in the case against Brentwood Academy. NO PRIVATE school from Nashville, Knoxville, or Memphis stood with us. We are ADAMATELY opposed to schools RECRUITING athletes from another school. And YES it has happened to us! I know of NO athlete any coach in our schools history that was approached by a coach, Alumni, Booster club or dog catcher to come play a sport for us. I do know of Private schools in this area (Chattanooga) and local public schools in this area that have approached our students and have RECRUITED them away from us to play sports. Boyd Buchanan is fully, totally and emphatically against this. We spent OUR MONEY to stand behind the TSSAA to support them because we to are faced with the SAME issues some of you are saying you are. I think it is unfair to LUMP ALL PRIVATE schools in with Brentwood (and others, private and YES PUBLIC also) on recruiting.

Balcoach...you are too good of a coach and role model to our kids to spend your time on here talking to these people who will never believe you no matter what you say. We will KEEP doing the right things and people can think whatever they want.

I hardly ever post on this Board and this will probably be the last time. Baldcoach is passionate about the school he coaches for because he and our other coaches know the rules and go the extra mile to do things right. For everyone on this Board discussing Public-Private debate should know. Boyd Buchanan, Chattanooga Christian, Silverdal Baptist and Grace Christian Academy of Chattanooga stood alone and spent our money to defend the TSSAA in the case against Brentwood Academy. NO PRIVATE school from Nashville, Knoxville, or Memphis stood with us. We are ADAMATELY opposed to schools RECRUITING athletes from another school. And YES it has happened to us! I know of NO athlete any coach in our schools history that was approached by a coach, Alumni, Booster club or dog catcher to come play a sport for us. I do know of Private schools in this area (Chattanooga) and local public schools in this area that have approached our students and have RECRUITED them away from us to play sports. Boyd Buchanan is fully, totally and emphatically against this. We spent OUR MONEY to stand behind the TSSAA to support them because we to are faced with the SAME issues some of you are saying you are. I think it is unfair to LUMP ALL PRIVATE schools in with Brentwood (and others, private and YES PUBLIC also) on recruiting.

Balcoach...you are too good of a coach and role model to our kids to spend your time on here talking to these people who will never believe you no matter what you say. We will KEEP doing the right things and people can think whatever they want.

I absoltely do not want to get into a debate about this. I do need to make the point that I was called a liar for making a statement that recruiting is happening and I have seen it personally. It is great that there are privates that stand against it, I have always known that there are many schools who do just that. It is ironic that Baldcoach, who stands against it, denied that it happens, and then called me a liar for sayig it does. It is good that he can speak for Boyd, but he cannot speak for all privates as he tried to do. Please don't let this lead to another mud slinging contest. Lets chalk it up to some over zealousness on the part of all involved.

I absoltely do not want to get into a debate about this. I do need to make the point that I was called a liar for making a statement that recruiting is happening and I have seen it personally. It is great that there are privates that stand against it, I have always known that there are many schools who do just that. It is ironic that Baldcoach, who stands against it, denied that it happens, and then called me a liar for sayig it does. It is good that he can speak for Boyd, but he cannot speak for all privates as he tried to do. Please don't let this lead to another mud slinging contest. Lets chalk it up to some over zealousness on the part of all involved.

I haven't really ever read this thread much. It always makes me mad. I think you and I, and Baldcoach are on the same page. I KNOW for a fact that one of our baseball players was RECRUITED away from us by a public school. The kid started with us in Kindergarten and will not be back his senior year, because of a PUBLIC schools successful recruiting efforts. This was happening while we were spending our schools money supporting the TSSAA against the BA issue. Baldcoach is a great guy with integrity. He definately stands against recruiting. I think this is just a sore subject with us because we are accused constantly of recruiting, simply because we are a private school. I know Baldcoach knows we quit playing a couple of schools locally because they would come on to the field and attempt to Recruit our players after a game. As a CHRISTIAN school, we play by the rules and will not tolerate anything that even gives the apprearance of recruiting by anyone associated with our school. But some people will go so far to say that running an ad in the paper to attract STUDENTS for our kindergarden is recruiting. I know Baldcoach, he is a good friend of mine and we go way, way back. I think I speak for him when I say that YES, we know recruiting happens. We have always been on the losing end of it because other schools, private and public do it to us. We stand firmly with the TSSAA regarding the recruiting rules. We don't do it, never have. It has been done to us though, so YES, it happens.

I haven't really ever read this thread much. It always makes me mad. I think you and I, and Baldcoach are on the same page. I KNOW for a fact that one of our baseball players was RECRUITED away from us by a public school. The kid started with us in Kindergarten and will not be back his senior year, because of a PUBLIC schools successful recruiting efforts. This was happening while we were spending our schools money supporting the TSSAA against the BA issue. Baldcoach is a great guy with integrity. He definately stands against recruiting. I think this is just a sore subject with us because we are accused constantly of recruiting, simply because we are a private school. I know Baldcoach knows we quit playing a couple of schools locally because they would come on to the field and attempt to Recruit our players after a game. As a CHRISTIAN school, we play by the rules and will not tolerate anything that even gives the apprearance of recruiting by anyone associated with our school. But some people will go so far to say that running an ad in the paper to attract STUDENTS for our kindergarden is recruiting. I know Baldcoach, he is a good friend of mine and we go way, way back. I think I speak for him when I say that YES, we know recruiting happens. We have always been on the losing end of it because other schools, private and public do it to us. We stand firmly with the TSSAA regarding the recruiting rules. We don't do it, never have. It has been done to us though, so YES, it happens.

I've seen after game talks happen on both sides of the equation. It definitely happens. Out of curiosity, what was the enticement or angle used to get your player to go to a public? Did he have to sit out a year?