Region 3-4A

Anyone think Clinton can improve and get the #4 spot?

Not this year but maby in the future. Any progress the team has made over the past year is being torn down by the fans that don't like the way things are done. I only hope that these fans are not parents of current players. If they are, it could be a long season for Clinton.

Rebel9

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think Clinton can improve and get the #4 spot?

Hearing some defections from your program I don't know how much truth there is in all these rumors but I agree with Rebel it could be another tough year. Its hard to replace experience with youth and fight for a playoff birth and this district is one of toughest anyway.

Hearing some defections from your program I don't know how much truth there is in all these rumors but I agree with Rebel it could be another tough year. Its hard to replace experience with youth and fight for a playoff birth and this district is one of toughest anyway.

First off, let me clarify who I am. I went to Clinton along time ago and I live in the community but to say I'm a fan of the Dragon program would be a reach. I simply follow it because I'm surrounded by it. As for fighting for a playoff birth, I don't have a lot of faith. Why you ask, is it because I like to start rumors and such? Am I just disgrutled with the current administration and staff. These are the facts: Clinton's best football years were under the coach Jim Gaylor. He is now at Maryville as a defensive coach. Stud running backs for the Clintons Middle school play at other high schools. Example: Brandon Davis (Coalfield). Clinton has won 3 region games since 2001. The beat West in 2001 and 2002 and they beat Lenior City in 2006. This is fact and anyone who thinks we are on the verge of competing for a playoff birth is just whistling dixie. A three win season would be an accomplishment. Keeping your starting quarterback and running back would be an accomplishment. You can't send out a new squad every year and hope its the one that will push you over the top. But what do I know, I'm from Clinton and apparently nobody from Clinton knows a thing about football.

First off, let me clarify who I am. I went to Clinton along time ago and I live in the community but to say I'm a fan of the Dragon program would be a reach. I simply follow it because I'm surrounded by it. As for fighting for a playoff birth, I don't have a lot of faith. Why you ask, is it because I like to start rumors and such? Am I just disgrutled with the current administration and staff. These are the facts: Clinton's best football years were under the coach Jim Gaylor. He is now at Maryville as a defensive coach. Stud running backs for the Clintons Middle school play at other high schools. Example: Brandon Davis (Coalfield). Clinton has won 3 region games since 2001. The beat West in 2001 and 2002 and they beat Lenior City in 2006. This is fact and anyone who thinks we are on the verge of competing for a playoff birth is just whistling dixie. A three win season would be an accomplishment. Keeping your starting quarterback and running back would be an accomplishment. You can't send out a new squad every year and hope its the one that will push you over the top. But what do I know, I'm from Clinton and apparently nobody from Clinton knows a thing about football.

At last a Clintonian that isn't whistling dixie. Shattuck has been building a program now going on 4 years and there has not been any real accomplishments except that the team is getting smaller and I am not talking in weight and height. Each year is new because we continually loose upper classmen with the experience, therefore each year we start with young inexperienced players. I am not sure that it is all Shattucks fault there are some really nasty parents at Clinton who will do what ever to knock a player to better their own (not all those who do this know who they are). Every year for the last three has been going to be the year, I personally think the year of the Dragon is over. Punchingbag is right the real talent at the Middle School does not go to Clinton. I owe mine an apology for sending him there. Why worry about a playoff and just try winning more than 1 or 2 games? The kids are not the problem it's the adults running the programs from admistration to parents.

Stud running backs for the Clintons Middle school play at other high schools. Example: Brandon Davis (Coalfield).

Brandon Davis didn't really have a choice in this matter. His mother married a Coalfield resident, she had custody, they live a mile or less from the school and he had very limited transportation to go 25 miles to a school in another county. This was also not the Clinton Administration's fault, it is how life happens these days. Folks move and such all the time. I would suggest finding another scape goat. BD is just not a good example for that scenario.

Congratulations BD on a successful career at Coalfield. You were an absolute joy to watch and be around. Have a good go at Tech. neighbor. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Now, do continue to discuss on your topic.

Brandon Davis didn't really have a choice in this matter. His mother married a Coalfield resident, she had custody, they live a mile or less from the school and he had very limited transportation to go 25 miles to a school in another county. This was also not the Clinton Administration's fault, it is how life happens these days. Folks move and such all the time. I would suggest finding another scape goat. BD is just not a good example for that scenario.

Congratulations BD on a successful career at Coalfield. You were an absolute joy to watch and be around. Have a good go at Tech. neighbor. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Now, do continue to discuss on your topic.

Logan Disney went to AC good player. Many parents at the Middle School now are already weighing their options (Grace could be a big winner with the up coming 8th grade class). It is a reflection when starters are quiting. They have also lost some good freshman (sophmore) players. This debate could go on and on, I just don't think it changes the facts that Clinton is going to continue to struggle until there are some positive changes. There needs to upgrades to the facility as well as the administration. What ever the reason for BD leaving it was Clintons loss and Coalfields gain. While other schools are seeing new talent come in Clinton hasn't (except for the Stone kid) and no one has seen him in a real game situation standing across from Maryville or Oak Ridge. Regardless as to what happens I think Clinton is a long way from rising to the occassion.

Central beats Maryville in Knoxville this year.

Maybe the JV, not the Varsity.

Styles looks like a D1 athlete but he has suspect hands and haven't seen him make many plays over the years, always thought he was overrated. From what I have seen from him through the years. Wilson is real deal. Rumor has it Central has alot of "daddy" ball going on over the last few years, coaches kids start regardless how un-athletic they are. Central will be talented and win there regular 7-8 games and bow out in the 1st or 2nd round, I compare Helton to Fulmer, verrrry talented every year, outcoached each year in his biggest game (Maryville), they each got to the big game once, only difference is Fulmer won and Helton didn't.

Wilson is a true stud but seems to be very injury prone, from memories seems like he got hurt alot in little league ball. He is a stud though, true D1 prospect.

Central and West will battle for #2 spot, give slight and I mean slight edge to West b/c of there offense should be tough for Central to stop. High scoring game if Wilson is healthy and playing.

Please.. Helton was a mediocre qb at best and choked in the big games like the coaches do. McMillan is also mediocre-he does have good foot speed and styles from what I hear can't catch a cold (butterfinger anyone). Yes Central is awash in politics playing kids that would not see the field on any team in TN. That has been Centrals achilles heal for the last 8 years, play the coaches kids and the boosters kids at all cost. Why do you think they could not get RC's brother TC, to much bs and politics... Go Falcons!!!!!!

footballu... you are crazy helton and mcmillan could start over any qb fulton has had during the past 5 or 6 years and styles would be a star at receiver at fulton, but fulton will need to step their game up because their great rb from the past 4 years is gone... so we will see who the better team is if both teams are in the same passing league as last year