Region 3-4A

Rebelron I agree with you , Helton was a decent athlete but he was not a great qb and yes the rebels may have been better but we will never now because Central does not play their best players (Cruz) ring a bell. Centralfan90 as far as being crazy I would look back at the last few seasons and see which teams played the best players and which coaches made sure they had the players on the field and coached to win. Championships tell the story and you have.. Oh that's right zero, 0, zilch, none. And styles would not be a star receiver at Fulton or any other team, my cuz tell me that he got knocked out a LB a couple of times and that your so called star runningback Jaime refused to play against rhea co in the playoffs last year. Championship, Championship, Championship, I am sure Maryville loves to see 180lbs kids playing LB so they can run all over you. Central want even schedule a game with Fulton because the Helton is afraid he will get beat by general Coatney. Falcons will fly high again in 07, reload and fire.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Championship, Championship, Championship, I am sure Maryville loves to see 180lbs kids playing LB so they can run all over you.

180 pound LB's in highschool is more the norm than the exception. Maryville's LB's seldom weigh more than 180. Many years they weigh less. Last years group were 190, 180, and 165 at the starting LB position. I doubt there was a much better LB duo in the state than Caylor and Hall.

footballu needs to get on a 3A thread to talk about Fulton. Last I checked they were not in region 3-4a. How can you say Helton was no good, I believe he was at least hon. mention all state 3 years, maybe all 4. Your cuz, alternate spelling at the other end of Broadway, is probably one looking for excuses as to why he does not play. From what I hear from a realibe source that is within the Bobcat program, they tried to schedule Fulton, but Fulton will not play them. I do not know if that is true, but what I have been told.

I think anyone criticizing Zack Helton is crazy. Yes Central lost 7 times to Maryville while Helton was quarterback. But! No one else has beaten Maryville in 100 games except MOWest.

Zack Helton took a beating in the Maryville games but he kept fighting back. Especially the 2004 and 2005 games. In 2004 and 2005 if Central would have beaten Maryville in the playoffs they would have went to Murfreesboro. Those Central teams were better than TN High or MOWest. As a Maryville fan we knew that for Maryville to make it to Murfreesboro they had to go through Central. Every Maryville fan has a ton of respect for Zack Helton.

Here are the Zack years.

2002 MHS 28 CHS 24 Central nearly beat Maryville that year. Central was great on defense. Maryville had some players sit out because of injury. But! Central was very good that year.

2003. Maryville won both games by 3 points. Maryvilles defense had a hard time stopping Central's offense. Central had a mediocre defense that year.

2004. Maryville kills Central in regular season but barely wins the playoff game. Central's defense could not stop Maryville.

2005. Maryville wins regular season game by 3 points and the playoff game by 10. Besides Melrose, Central was probably the best team Maryville played.

Zack Helton wasn't the reason Central lost to Maryville those years. In matter of fact Centrals offense gave Maryville's defense more problems than any team they faced from 2003-2005.As a Maryville fan we were scared to death of Zack Helton and David Gaston. Maryville beat Central because Centrals defense couldn't stop Maryville enough. In 2003,2004 and 2005 Maryville's offensive line whipped Central's defensive line badly.

who does maryville have this year to run the ball? theyve had some really good high school backs the last 7 years: brock, stewart, mccord, byner, tallent, baker...who's next in line?

Shuler and McCoy. Shuler tore his ACL the first practice last year or he would have played a bunch last year. Both will be juniors.

• 2 weeks later...

maryville will stomp chs, can't cover receivers with daddys boys that aint no good. politics cant win a ball game. maryville vs Fulton that I would like to see, I garantee it would better gameFalcon Fever "catch it"

footballu.I understand from what I have read that you are a Falcon. Now, I may be misguided; however, it would seem to me that your energies may be better served focusing on AE & Catholic as opposed to fantisizing about a Fulton/Maryville matchup or trashing Central whom for whatever reason is not on your schedule this yr. ruse?Hearing that West MIGHT have had a Webb transfer by the name of Joe Ayers. Anyone @ West confirm? Thanks.ruse?

maryville will stomp chs, can't cover receivers with daddys boys that aint no good. politics cant win a ball game. maryville vs Fulton that I would like to see, I garantee it would better game

Falcon Fever "catch it"

That would not be a game worth seeing at all. Last year Fulton split with Catholic 1-1, so I'd say both teams were evenly matched. Every year Catholic has a pre-season scrimmage with halls (who gets killed by maryville year after year). Last year was supposed to be a down year for halls, and in the scrimmage they played Catholic very well, I believe the final score was like 14-14 (it may have changed once the JV started playing but that's what it was when the varsity was done). So by common opponent Maryville would kill Fulton. Yes I do realize that you would have to consider factors such as team speed, skill players, and size and strength in the trenchs, but still. Maryville and Fulton would never be a close game.

That would not be a game worth seeing at all. Last year Fulton split with Catholic 1-1, so I'd say both teams were evenly matched. Every year Catholic has a pre-season scrimmage with halls (who gets killed by maryville year after year). Last year was supposed to be a down year for halls, and in the scrimmage they played Catholic very well, I believe the final score was like 14-14 (it may have changed once the JV started playing but that's what it was when the varsity was done). So by common opponent Maryville would kill Fulton. Yes I do realize that you would have to consider factors such as team speed, skill players, and size and strength in the trenchs, but still. Maryville and Fulton would never be a close game.

Hey bigman42.

Here is some food for thought. Scrimmages are well...scrimmages. If they were more than that, they would count. The "common opponent" argument for scrimmages does not wash IMO, and is shakey with games as well. Example would be that every yr. guys like MELREB & STARSNBARS write that Alcoa is the toughest game on Maryvill's schedule. Alcoa seems to go down by a couple of scores @ the most each yr. to Maryville. Fulton beat Alcoa, and then Catholic beat Fulton by a couple of scores. I know, Fulton won when it counted. Always do. However, if we use the "common opponent" argument Maryville and Catholic would play head up, and into OT. No?

Having said that, and having seen Alcoa, Fulton, Maryville, Catholic play quite a few times over the years, IMO, they are all capable of beating each other. I don't root for a particular team, I just gave up on the NFL, and for the most part BCS ball. I follow the best teams. Last yr., those were the four best teams in the area (I don't care about the whole Knox/Blount thing). I think that Halls will be improved this year, and that Coach Julian will deliver, along with those kids a better brand of football. I like the QB/WR, and the Leonard kid @ DE. Thought Noe had some talent on the gridiron, and would have liked to have seen him stick with it. I see Halls in the playoffs in 07.

ruse?