Bledsoe County Football?

Maybe you forgot about Cartwright, class of 81. His brother played college basketball.

I thought you were talking about the 1983 season in which Cartwright would not have been around. Cartwright played his senior football season in 1980. The 1981 football season Bledsoe and Sequatchie did not play. What business in Dunlap has Cartwright in its name? Maybe I stand corrected.....

Thanks...

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were talking about the 1983 season in which Cartwright would not have been around. Cartwright played his senior football season in 1980. The 1981 football season Bledsoe and Sequatchie did not play. What business in Dunlap has Cartwright in its name? Maybe I stand corrected.....

Thanks...

I'm sorry.I don't know what business that is. I graduated in 1980 between both the brothers. I guess it is the 1980 season Cartwright played and 1981 he graduated in. I stand corrected on the year.

One of the previous posts talked about the all time record head to head Bledsoe vs. Sequatchie....I can list some years in the mid and late 80's, some 90's and 2000. Maybe some of the Bledsoe Football Guru's can fill in some of the unlisted years like early 80's, late 90's and beyond.

Season

1981 I don't think they played Sequatchie's 1st year in AA--Chatt. District with McCallie, Ooltewah, Kirkman, Riverside, Central, Chatt City and also Grundy....I think they played Whitwell (non-district) and some other

1982 ???

1983 As you guys stated Bledsoe won

1984 ???

1985 Sequatchie

1986 Bledsoe 8-7 or 8-0

1987 Sequatchie 30 something to 0

1988 Sequatchie 35 - 0

1989 Sequatchie 48-6 ???

1990 Sequatchie 54-6 ???

1991 Bledsoe in Dunlap

1992 ? Sequatchie but not sure

1993 Did they play because that was the first year of 5 A classifications right?? maybe they did...

1994 ?

1995 ?

1996 ?

1997 ?

1998 ?

1999 Bledsoe, pretty sure

2000 Sequatchie

2005 Sequatchie

2006 Bledsoe

1982-SCHS, 1984-SCHS,1992-SCHS, 1993-SCHS, 1994-BCHS regular season and SCHS in playoffs (we played twice that year) 1995-BCHS, 1996-BCHS, 1997-SCHS, 1998-BCHS, 2001-SCHS,2002-SCHS,2003-SCHS,2004-SCHS

wrong in 1982 Bledsoe and Sequatchie did not play, wrong in 1984 Bledsoe also won that was Houston Thomas's senior year.

Bledsoe and Sequatchie have historically been pretty one sided and then it will change over and be one sided the other way for a while. I believe a lot of that has to do with coaching. There is very seldom a large difference in talent. Sequatchie had a few years when they were loaded but bledsoe has also had a couple of years like that . It seems that in the last few years neither team has been very good or coached very well. I am looking forward to this season to see if Mr Robertson can get his team to play and be disciplined or if he is gonna be just like the last coach we had, neither exciting or disciplined and as a result the team appeared to be lazy

I am looking forward to this season to see if Mr Robertson can get his team to play and be disciplined or if he is gonna be just like the last coach we had, neither exciting or disciplined and as a result the team appeared to be lazy

I can guarantee you this will be different.... There should be lots of excitement this season...

i hope you are right. have they been working out or not. I just worry that the new coach will have too much input from the old coach and he will not do things his way. If he does and runs what he wants then he may have a chance to turn this program around and head it back to glory days

i hope you are right. have they been working out or not. I just worry that the new coach will have too much input from the old coach and he will not do things his way. If he does and runs what he wants then he may have a chance to turn this program around and head it back to glory days

Yep... They been working out hard.... And also he is doing things his way...

It was at cumberland county they did fair. everyone was supposed to play everyone once, but they ended up playing cchs twice. Stone beat them, cchs beat them bad the first game, and then I believe bledsoe beat them by 1 the second game and won the rest. Does anyone know if they are going to be at stone on thursday?

It was at cumberland county they did fair. everyone was supposed to play everyone once, but they ended up playing cchs twice. Stone beat them, cchs beat them bad the first game, and then I believe bledsoe beat them by 1 the second game and won the rest. Does anyone know if they are going to be at stone on thursday?

Yeah they'll be there on thursday.... They also have one today in Grundy......