Bledsoe County Football?

QUOTE(Bledsoebtheboys @ Jun 2 2007 - 02:27 AM) 826470364[/snapback]Honestly I saw no one on the field with D1 talent.... Watson didn't play because he was standing on the sideline recovering from serious knee surgery....

Open your Eyes ??? Allen Brown and Dillion Graham both have poteintal to play somewhere like UTC or Appy State. They need to hit the weight room hard this summer though. Both started as Freshman and are better athletes on Grundy's team.

I was also happy to see Grundy has found someone who can catch. WR Danny Yates had a pair of hands Grundy hasn't had a reciever who could consistantly catch the ball since Kyle Brewer and Ty Hutchinson.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Grundyplayer @ Jun 2 2007 - 03:56 PM) 826470521[/snapback]Open your Eyes ??? Allen Brown and Dillion Graham both have poteintal to play somewhere like UTC or Appy State.

Those two schools are very, very different. UTC is mediocre in D1 AA and Appalachian State wins national championships in D1 AA.

Having not seen these two young men from Grundy County, I would wager potentially UTC, and NOT Appalachian State.

QUOTE(Bledsoebtheboys @ Jun 2 2007 - 02:30 AM) 826470365[/snapback]For your information Coach Roberson is doing alot to get these kids recruited.... I know this because I "converse" with Coach Roberson and know what he is and isn't doing.....

what do you think BCHS record will be this year BBTB?

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Jun 2 2007 - 03:37 PM) 826470530[/snapback]Those two schools are very, very different. UTC is mediocre in D1 AA and Appalachian State wins national championships in D1 AA.

Having not seen these two young men from Grundy County, I would wager potentially UTC, and NOT Appalachian State.

Then you forget that UTC beat Appy State 2 years ago ????

AND about did it again the during Appy States first National Championship season. The talent level isnt that big of a drop off. I think UTC has some Coaching problems and to many problems off the feild to win.

And YES these kid's can play for Appy State. Allen Brown (if he hits the weight room hard) Could be better than Dustin Fults. Dillion Graham is HUGE(both only upcoming Sophmores).

Oh and it isnt D-1aa anymore just D-1 which is why I said that.

i believe that if Watson has the type of year that he is capable of then he will definately have a chance at signing a big time scholarship. He is the best running back in bledsoe county since Robert Sharp. I think he is a little faster than Bart Meyers and those were the two best that bledsoe has turned out. I also think that if Covard gets the protection that he needs he will be a threat and possibly have a chance to play at UTC or the like. The biggest question that surrounds these two is can the offensive line give them a chance

QUOTE(bchswar @ Jun 4 2007 - 03:27 PM) 826471233[/snapback]i believe that if Watson has the type of year that he is capable of then he will definately have a chance at signing a big time scholarship. He is the best running back in bledsoe county since Robert Sharp. I think he is a little faster than Bart Meyers and those were the two best that bledsoe has turned out. I also think that if Covard gets the protection that he needs he will be a threat and possibly have a chance to play at UTC or the like. The biggest question that surrounds these two is can the offensive line give them a chance

Will his knee be ready by the start of the season ?

And what kind of 40. time does this kid have... Played him before he seems like a tough runner.

Not trying to discourage but how many D1 athletes have come from Bledsoe County. The kids mentioned are good players but are they legit D1? It takes a special athlete to play D2 and D3 much less D1. I have seen Mr. Football winners not even get signed. I hope these boys represent the County and school well and I agree that Brown is a good player but the last guy to really play D1 ball from Bledsoe was Houston Thomas, and he had to walk on at UT. He was one of if not the best linebacker to ever play at Bledsoe. AA ball is a hard recruit for larger schools. I do wish them the best but do not be surprised if they only sign at a D2 or D3 school.

QUOTE(warrior2024 @ Jun 5 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826471519[/snapback]Not trying to discourage but how many D1 athletes have come from Bledsoe County. The kids mentioned are good players but are they legit D1? It takes a special athlete to play D2 and D3 much less D1. I have seen Mr. Football winners not even get signed. I hope these boys represent the County and school well and I agree that Brown is a good player but the last guy to really play D1 ball from Bledsoe was Houston Thomas, and he had to walk on at UT. He was one of if not the best linebacker to ever play at Bledsoe. AA ball is a hard recruit for larger schools. I do wish them the best but do not be surprised if they only sign at a D2 or D3 school.

Ron Sells played at Memphis after Houston on Scholarship I might Ad............. Last time I checked that was division 1 & I remember him being the lineman of the week ( nationally) after they played Tennessee.............. " Oh how soon we forget"...........BCW

nice post bledsoe, I agree that Ron was a very talented player. As for the best linebacker that Bledsoe ever had I have to question 2024 about that. Of course your history only goes back to the Dickie era. What about before that? Also, I don't want to rain on your parade but D3 is not very good football even though it is a nice place for guys who really want to play to be able to continue.

QUOTE(bchswar @ Jun 5 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826471652[/snapback]nice post bledsoe, I agree that Ron was a very talented player. As for the best linebacker that Bledsoe ever had I have to question 2024 about that. Of course your history only goes back to the Dickie era. What about before that? Also, I don't want to rain on your parade but D3 is not very good football even though it is a nice place for guys who really want to play to be able to continue.

Tell that to Mount Union......

There are some D-3 teams who can play with and beat D-2 teams. And yes there is SOME GREAT athletes in D-3.