Best Linebackers

why no talk about marlon walls from wooddale?? im not too fond of him as a football player and was unimpressed with him when i saw wooddale play last year. he looked kinda soft, as did the entire wooddale defense, but thats just me and my biased opinion.

I gotta chance 2 talk 2 marlon at a FCA camp... He is really determined about this coming up season...I don't know 2 much about how he plays, but from what I hear, he's a standout player...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I gotta chance 2 talk 2 marlon at a FCA camp... He is really determined about this coming up season...I don't know 2 much about how he plays, but from what I hear, he's a standout player...

Well, if you want to see Marlon Walls play this year, you better go see an Olive Branch game instead of a Wooddale game. He transfered. Here is the official statement made in the Commercial Appeal by columnist Jason Smith.

It's official: Walls to OB

Former Wooddale High linebacker Marlon Walls, whom Unapproved Website once ranked as the fifth-best overall prospect in the state of Tennessee, has transferred to Olive Branch.

While the 6-4, 225-pound senior was unavailable for comment Friday, new Wooddale coach Jesse Allen has confirmed that Walls is no longer a Cardinal.

Ranked the No. 16 linebacker prospect nationally, Walls has scholarship offers from Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

Here is the link to the article, but that's all that was put in the paper the other day. Scroll to the bottom of the initial article to get to this information.

Jason Smith's column in the Commercial Appeal

Walls is just one of many Memphis area players who have been RECRUITED to Olive Branch. Ryant Denton former Ridgeway QB is also there. They have also been actively pursuing other Memphis area players including Donterrio Poe also from Wooddale(who has reportedly transferred to Sheffield). Several others were actively pursued Including at least 2 others that were on a Murphy Fair preseason all-state team.

Walls is just one of many Memphis area players who have been RECRUITED to Olive Branch. Ryant Denton former Ridgeway QB is also there. They have also been actively pursuing other Memphis area players including Donterrio Poe also from Wooddale(who has reportedly transferred to Sheffield). Several others were actively pursued Including at least 2 others that were on a Murphy Fair preseason all-state team.

then why wont olive branch play Christian Brothers and other memphis area teams that are worth a darn? they obviously have the "best" players from the memphis area, so i dont see why not. jw.

p.s.--the "quistors" looked awful at the CBHS 7-on-7. fyi.

...not to mention they continue to get beat by south panola with their "homegrown" talent year in and year out. sad. lol.

As far as the best linebackers, look no further than Mt. Juliet's combo of Caleb Knox and Matt Jones. One linebacker can make a huge difference but two linebackers who seem to know exactly where the other is, his scraping tendencies, etc.., two linebackers of their caliber is tough to beat.

Things aren't boding well for Wooddale if they recently lost their head coach to the new Southwind H.S., as well as, Marlon Walls to O.B.H.S. and supposedly, Donterrio Poe to Sheffield. That's devestating. Both Marlon and Donterrio are being recruited by SEC schools. Not to mention, breaking in a new QB this season. Man ... that's tough.

Saul Powell from Clinton is a total run stopper, I heard from a gentleman I work with that has a son on the Heritage team that #54 Saul Powell hit a kid last night at the scrimmage and crushed him, from what I understand you could have heard this hit in Maryville, best high school hit in a long time from what I understand. This kid is a solid 6'1 and 237 and runs a 4.7 according to his coach! Be on the lookout for this guy! For example as a Freshman he picked of the one and only interception against Central and ran it back 20 yards to set up Clinton only score that game, he had just turned 15 years old, is what I was told. Impressive!