MLB Draft

HighSchoolFanatic

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ Jun 5 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826471656[/snapback]Price played at Blackman I believe. Bartlett, I don't believe, has anyone that they see being drafted this year. Now next year could be a totally different story. I believe I have been told a number of their seniors have singed to play at SWTCC but I'm sure someone closer to their program could verify that.

I believe Price also had a losing record his senior year while sporting a ERA under 1.00. IMO, he could have gone 1st round out of high school if he really wanted to

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Live4FridayNite615 @ Jun 5 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826471698[/snapback]Can juniors be drafted or must you wait till after your senior year???

i have read/heard of kids as young as 15 or 16 being signed to contracts. granted, they were from latin american countries and im not sure how "high school" works down there.

the way i understand it, a high school player in the united states is ineligible to be drafted until after he turns 18. im relatively sure a player doesnt have to graduate in order to be eligible for the major league draft.

QUOTE(brosbaseball9 @ Jun 4 2007 - 11:20 PM) 826471454[/snapback]is travis cozart of any relation to zack cozart from ole miss (collierville), who is also likely to be drafted this year.

adam amar and bill moss of memphis, moss by way of CBHS, might also be selected in the later rounds.

any other college players eligible that anyone think might get drafted.

what about high school players? im unaware of any that stand out above all others in the memphis area besides MAYBE pomeranz from collierville and forsythe from CBHS, though i would doubt blake is selected this year, much like packer wasnt last june.

are there any other "draftible" high school players?

My Bad - I have been calling Zack Cozart Travis since his junior year at Collierville. I have never figured out why. To this day I still do that.... I can remember Zach Miller just fine....

Should be a fun day Thursday....

QUOTE(Bighurt @ Jun 5 2007 - 05:21 PM) 826471749[/snapback]Basically, high school seniors are draft eligible. If they do not sign, they can be drafted after 3 years at a 4-year school or after 2 years at a juco but I think they have to graduate from the juco. This is why some kids go the juco route.

For a juco, you can get drafted after your freshman and sophomore years and don't have to graduate from the juco. You do have to "graduate" to attend 4 year schools after a juco.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Jun 5 2007 - 07:44 PM) 826471778[/snapback]For a juco, you can get drafted after your freshman and sophomore years and don't have to graduate from the juco. You do have to "graduate" to attend 4 year schools after a juco.

You do not have to graduate from a JUCO to go to a 4 year school afterwards. My JUCO team had a handful of kids that went on to 4 year schools after JUCO and I was the only one to graduate from that JUCO in the 2 years that we attended there.

QUOTE(RBalumni17 @ Jun 8 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826472803[/snapback]You do not have to graduate from a JUCO to go to a 4 year school afterwards. My JUCO team had a handful of kids that went on to 4 year schools after JUCO and I was the only one to graduate from that JUCO in the 2 years that we attended there.

To go to a SEC school you have to graduate. For other 4 year schools like (NAIA) you do not have to graduate. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />