Tennessee High baseball coach

madman101

TO THE PLAYERS AND PARENTS OF THS BASEBALL,CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE A GREAT MAN AND COACH WHO WILL BE A HUGE ASSET TO YOUR YOUNG MEN.HE HAS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT TO OFFER.A COACH THAT WILL INSTILL PRIDE AND ACCOUTABILITY TO YOUR PROGRAM AS HE DID FOR OURS AT EHS.I AM TRUELY SAD FOR OUR RETURNING PLAYERS ,BUT YOU GUYS GOT A FINE MAN.HIS SON J-ROD IS A GREAT YOUNG MAN WITH MENTAL TOUGHNESS BEYOND HIS YEARS.HE IS A LEADER AND EXCEPTIONAL ATHLETE.I HOPE YOU WILL LET HIM TOUCH YOUR KIDS LIVES THE WAY HE TOUCHED OURS.GOOD LUCK THS PROGRAM,AND GOOD LUCK TO ONE OF THE BEST MEN I EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO MEET.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cyclone community owes quite a bit to the 'Concerned Citizens Group'. Man have they 'fixed' everything up real nice for Elizabethton. Some major, HUGE loses in the last month alone. It's not over yet......

To Payne and his Vikings....... it won't be long until you are breaking some new ground with SH and DB. Good luck!

I'm just sick over the turn of events at EHS. You guys are right on point. Alexander is showing his true colors. He doesnt care about the students; he only cares about his agenda. He wants people under him that he can control. Lets review what has happened: Pless is on the hotseat in football, and gets promoted to principal, where he will likely do a very good job. Football job open, which is really not a bad thing. But,t hen, with AD job open, Wilson, who is on an even bigger hotseat in basketball, gets promoted to AD. That was a done deal in early spring, even before Payne was relieved in April. Wilson wanted out of boys basketball and made no secret of it. Remember all the info on this board months ago. Payne didnt know it but his lot was cast when Alexander took the directors position. To make a place for Wilson, you demote the guy (Payne), who is getting the job done on both fronts. Makes sense doesnt it! Give the guys on the hotseat promotions and raises and run the best coach you have off. It just stinks.

QUOTE(CyclonePride @ Jun 14 2007 - 05:30 PM) 826475148[/snapback]I'm just sick over the turn of events at EHS. You guys are right on point. Alexander is showing his true colors. He doesnt care about the students; he only cares about his agenda. He wants people under him that he can control. Lets review what has happened: Pless is on the hotseat in football, and gets promoted to principal, where he will likely do a very good job. Football job open, which is really not a bad thing. But,t hen, with AD job open, Wilson, who is on an even bigger hotseat in basketball, gets promoted to AD. That was a done deal in early spring, even before Payne was relieved in April. Wilson wanted out of boys basketball and made no secret of it. Remember all the info on this board months ago. Payne didnt know it but his lot was cast when Alexander took the directors position. To make a place for Wilson, you demote the guy (Payne), who is getting the job done on both fronts. Makes sense doesnt it! Give the guys on the hotseat promotions and raises and run the best coach you have off. It just stinks.

That's the way they do things at the Eastman too!

QUOTE(GLee @ Jun 14 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826475048[/snapback]The Cyclone community owes quite a bit to the 'Concerned Citizens Group'. Man have they 'fixed' everything up real nice for Elizabethton. Some major, HUGE loses in the last month alone. It's not over yet......

To Payne and his Vikings....... it won't be long until you are breaking some new ground with SH and DB. Good luck!

I know this is a Viking thread but like I said above.......

"It's not over yet......."

There is more to come at Elizabethton.

OK GLee, I will bite. What other changes are on the table?

I know they want Shawn Witten for FB coach, bad; and supposedly offered him the job sunday. No word yet. Fallback position is Pierce, which will not satisfy the masses.

Ned Smith is the likely BB coach and he will be an improvement.

Baseball coach could be anyone. But whoever it is will be a huge step down from Payne.

What else is in store?

Other coaches/administrators to bolt or be Payned?

Alexander to Iraq?

QUOTE(CyclonePride @ Jun 14 2007 - 10:43 PM) 826475313[/snapback]OK GLee, I will bite. What other changes are on the table?

I know they want Shawn Witten for FB coach, bad; and supposedly offered him the job sunday. No word yet. Fallback position is Pierce, which will not satisfy the masses.

Ned Smith is the likely BB coach and he will be an improvement.

Baseball coach could be anyone. But whoever it is will be a huge step down from Payne.

What else is in store?

Other coaches/administrators to bolt or be Payned?

Alexander to Iraq?

He would refuse to go unless the puppet school bd. appointed him joint chief of staff!!!!!-to screw everything up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(lookingout @ Jun 15 2007 - 05:14 AM) 826475351[/snapback]He would refuse to go unless the puppet school bd. appointed him joint chief of staff!!!!!-to screw everything up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football Coach - Jeff Pierce

Basketball Coach - Keith Turner

Baseball Coach - Bernie Young

Three Great Men, Three Great Coaches.

Furture looks great

Hiring someone already on the football staff as coach would be stupid. They will still be awful with terrible coaching. They have to get someone from the outside to have a chance. Baseball Bernie Young who knows his name pops up everytime but he can coach. Basketball will not be Smith he is staying on the mountain.