Region3-5A

I believe that they will put the Wilson Co. schools in with the Sumner Co. Schools, or it makes sense to me. I don't know what they will do with region 3-5A but it will be interesting to see.

Will also matter if Mt Juliet moves up to 5A ball like it looks like it will. Rutherford County has almost enough 5A schools to be a Region by itself now.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 3 5A is the weakest region in the state. Just look how they did last year in the playoffs. Here are my predictions for this region along with the record and how far I think each team will advance in the playoffs.

Cookeville 9-2 Lose in 2nd round to Smyrna but a playoff win none the less over Lavergne

Lincoln County 7-4 lose in first round to Oakland

Coffee County 4-7 lose in first round... again to Smyrna

Franklin County 4-7 lose in first round to Riverdale but at least you made the playoffs. Good thing you're in region 3.

Region 4 5A is too tough, but look on the bright side. In Region 3-5A all you have to win is 2 region games and your in the playoffs. And 3-7 will be good enough to take third. Getting in the playoffs aint as hard as it use to be.

Region 3 5A is the weakest region in the state. Just look how they did last year in the playoffs. Here are my predictions for this region along with the record and how far I think each team will advance in the playoffs.

Cookeville 9-2 Lose in 2nd round to Smyrna but a playoff win none the less over Lavergne

Franklin County 4-7 lose in first round to Riverdale but at least you made the playoffs. Good thing you're in region 3.

Region 4 5A is too tough, but look on the bright side. In Region 3-5A all you have to win is 2 region games and your in the playoffs. And 3-7 will be good enough to take third. Getting in the playoffs aint as hard as it use to be.

maybe then we should go old school and only take one or two from each region and let the rest play in bowl games what ya think ?

Just wondering SCtribe,is the SC for Sequatchie County?...

Anyway,out of curiousity,who do you have Cookeville losing their 2 games to?

THE SQUAD

I don't know why you leave off Warren Co. they have a lot of Skill players returning and they have a favorable schedule. I think that they have a good shot at 3rd in the region.

Just wondering SCtribe,is the SC for Sequatchie County?...

Anyway,out of curiousity,who do you have Cookeville losing their 2 games to?

THE SQUAD

Cookeville has a tougher non-region schedule than any of the other teams in this region. I dont think Cookeville will have any problems with White County but Knox Central, Lebanon, Memphis University School or Cleveland may be tough games. I think Cookeville goes undefeated in the region but two of the four teams above will beat them. Could be Cleveland or MUS. How did Cookeville and MUS get hooked up together anyway? Thats gonna be a long bus ride from Memphis to Cookeville.

Out of Region 3-5A, I believe Cookeville is the only team that has a chance to beat a region 4 team (In the playoffs). None of the other teams in Region 3 would even make the playoffs in Region 4. It's just too tough of a region, but whoever the top 4 teams from region 4-5A are, are definetly playoff worthy. I cant say that about region 3. A team with a losing record should not be rewarded a watered down playoff spot. Nonetheless, thats the way the system is. Its just bad for the 5-5 teams and the 6-4 teams that finish 5th in the region and have to sit at home and watch a 3-7 or 2-8 team get the bid.

Cookeville has a tougher non-region schedule than any of the other teams in this region. I dont think Cookeville will have any problems with White County but Knox Central, Lebanon, Memphis University School or Cleveland may be tough games. I think Cookeville goes undefeated in the region but two of the four teams above will beat them. Could be Cleveland or MUS. How did Cookeville and MUS get hooked up together anyway? Thats gonna be a long bus ride from Memphis to Cookeville.

Out of Region 3-5A, I believe Cookeville is the only team that has a chance to beat a region 4 team (In the playoffs). None of the other teams in Region 3 would even make the playoffs in Region 4. It's just too tough of a region, but whoever the top 4 teams from region 4-5A are, are definetly playoff worthy. I cant say that about region 3. A team with a losing record should not be rewarded a watered down playoff spot. Nonetheless, thats the way the system is. Its just bad for the 5-5 teams and the 6-4 teams that finish 5th in the region and have to sit at home and watch a 3-7 or 2-8 team get the bid.

Hey I agree about the playoffs deal.But what you do when you only have 6 region teams?If I make the playoffs with a losing record,what am I gonna do,say no & turn it down beacuse it's not fair to somebody in another region? Don't think so... There are some other regions across the state that face that same deal every year as well.I don't think we'll have to worry about it too much longer though cause I think there'll be a realignment.

I don't know how the Cavs got hooked up with MUS!

Lost Ooltewah & Boyd Buchanon & picked up MUS & Knox. Central...Dosen't seem quite fair!

Cookeville "should" have the best team they've had since the team that lost to Riverdale in the 3rd round a few years back. I think they could win 3 of the 4. I'll leave MUS as the potential loss just cause I know absolutely nothing about 'em.I know they can play with Lebanon & Cleveland.

But that week zero opening game AT Central will be a great test!

THE SQUAD

Hey I agree about the playoffs deal.But what you do when you only have 6 region teams?If I make the playoffs with a losing record,what am I gonna do,say no & turn it down beacuse it's not fair to somebody in another region? Don't think so... There are some other regions across the state that face that same deal every year as well.I don't think we'll have to worry about it too much longer though cause I think there'll be a realignment.

I don't know how the Cavs got hooked up with MUS!

Lost Ooltewah & Boyd Buchanon & picked up MUS & Knox. Central...Dosen't seem quite fair!

Cookeville "should" have the best team they've had since the team that lost to Riverdale in the 3rd round a few years back. I think they could win 3 of the 4. I'll leave MUS as the potential loss just cause I know absolutely nothing about 'em.I know they can play with Lebanon & Cleveland.

But that week zero opening game AT Central will be a great test!

THE SQUAD

They'll have to play well to beat Lebanon. Lebanon "should" have one of their better teams this year.