Class 2A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

I played against all the teams last year and I have to say camden first huntingdon second and the rest can go either way based on the seasons some of the teams had last year. But good luck to all the 7-2 AA.

Camden was really fast last year and as a player last year they was the hardest team to me they played hard and together, if Stewart County would play as a team didnt get on here say wut they have so other teams can read this they could be a sleeper team but anything can happen im gonna stay faithful to my boys at home even though im in Texas now and hope the region has hard hitting games as im havin some good games goodluck in highschool boyz have a fun but hardcore hitting year go REBS!!! p.s. rebs stay off of coacht it aint helpin ur chances but i believe in ya and know ur gonna give ur best! to all the senior players, highschool football is the best when u get to college everybody is the same or better so have fun and play for u this year and leave it all out on the field! have a great season boyz!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. boys and girls let's revisit our predictions from the summer and see if we need to get lottery numbers from anyone. My order of finsih is now as follows:

1. Camden

2. Huntingdon

3. Adamsville/ Stewart County winner

4. loser

5. Waverly, riverside, houston County

I agree Camden first. H-Tpwn second, and I'm hoping A-ville third but I believe Waverly could make a run for third as well. The rest are already going to miss the play-offs this year i believe.

1. Camden

2. H-Town

3. A-VIlle/ Waverly Winner

4. A-Ville/ Waverly Winner

Seems like Stewart Co. actually has the inside track on third place at the moment, as the yare thus far undefeated in region play. Waverly will probably round out the botton, finishing just ahead of Houston County. I think that will probably be Wavo's only win this season. If they can win that one, that is.

I don't think any wildcards will be coming out of this region, so it looks to me like Camden taking the crown, with Huntingdon's in second, their only region loss to Camden. Stewart co. could take third place, but they need to beat Adamsville this weekend to do so. If they do that, I'd go ahead and place them in the third place spot. While the new playoff system has made most other regions more exciting earlier in the year, this region will probably be a lock after week five. It will look a bit like this, IMO:

1. Camden 8-2 (6-0)

2. Huntingdon 7-3 (5-1)

3. Stewart Co. 7-3 (4-2)

4. Adamsville 6-4 (3-3)

5. Riverside 3-7 (2-4)

6. Waverly 1-9 (1-5)

7. Houston Co. 1-9 (0-6)

That all being said, I haven't seen Houston Co. play, so they may move up a few spots and pick up a few more wins. I have seen Waverly and Riverside. Waverly is terrible. Riverside is just lacking in a few areas, but they could suprise a few teams.

Stewart Co. is playing a weaker non-region schedule than most, and with the exceptions of Richland (W) and Gleason (L), they are doing what they are supposed to do to weaker opponents, shut them out and blow them out. A lot of people, including myself, doubted them from the start of the season, but they are winning football games. It is what it is- 5-1, and that is a good record to have at this time of the year. With the exception of week 7 and week 9, they should win out and pick up a playoff spot. The bye week they have in week 10 should be a great time to rest, heal some bruises and examine the teams they have a chance of meeting in round one. This team is definately a suprise, but I'd say they are the second biggest suprise in this region this year.

I wouldn't be bold enough to say that Huntingdon is having a down year, I just think a lot of programs around the area are getting better. 3A Dyer Co. was a heavy underdog in that loss, but they are a lot better than what people think. McKenzie beat the Stangs last week, but in many people's eyes, McKenzie will be the West TN representative in the Boro. Having seen Huntingdon play, I'd say they are just a play or two out of first place in this region, but I can't see them getting it done this week to take the driver's seat.

Camden looks to pick up their second ever region title, but they have a hard row to hoe this week against a perrenial power over at Huntingdon. The loss of QB Spencer Berry for a few weeks should further complicate things for these guys. Michael Gaskin will step in and do the quarterback duties for Spencer for a while, and will do a fine job. The offensive and defensive lines have been dominate in every game, including tough losses to region 8AA powerhouses Milan and Westview. The total point difference inthose losses is 8 points so they look to be a tough opponent every week to whomever they are playing.

And the biggest suprise this season in this region, IMO, is Waverly. Looking back at the posts and the poll, Waverly was a solid pick to win the final playoff spot back in early August. Looked good on paper, most experts tended to agree with the general populace, but it never panned out. Blame injuries, blame the refs, blame whatever you want, but the Tigers are just not a fundamentally sound footbal team. Their QB that I saw looked like a deer in headlights, and noone was blocking for him. With Chase Collump going out for the season, it looked like a few of the younger recievers might step up and make some plays, but the ball just isn't getting to them. I thought to myself last season that this would be a solid football team, but they just aren't.

It's been a fun year so far, good luck to all 7AA teams, may you all go injury free.

i said huntingdon before the season but i have to go with lions they seem to have it together. i will have to say that huntingdon is down more than most people can see cause they have a lot of weak spots. there are players on the field right now that would not normally be playin for huntingdon and they dont seem to play as a team with much heart anymore. that hunger that camden has right now (and has had) seems to have been lost in the mustangs.

The only problem I have with Stewart county finishing third is that means they beat the Cardinals. I do not know if they have faced a team as talented as the Cardinals all year. I think by having already played teams like Mcnairy Central and Camden will help the Cardinals. I know we did not put up much of a fight for either team, but do not count us out just because they are 5-1. All six teams they have played combined only have 10-11 wins and one team has like 4 of those and they beat the rebels. I think it will be a great game and may the best team win Friday night. I promise if you come in overconfident and do not take the Cardinals seriously then it will be a long night.

The only problem I have with Stewart county finishing third is that means they beat the Cardinals. I do not know if they have faced a team as talented as the Cardinals all year. I think by having already played teams like Mcnairy Central and Camden will help the Cardinals. I know we did not put up much of a fight for either team, but do not count us out just because they are 5-1. All six teams they have played combined only have 10-11 wins and one team has like 4 of those and they beat the rebels. I think it will be a great game and may the best team win Friday night. I promise if you come in overconfident and do not take the Cardinals seriously then it will be a long night.

Although I've yet to see the Rebels I feel like your Cards are the better team. I know your team won't quit which is always a good thing, and I understand that SC has a lot of 1a schools on their schedule so that could play into your hands. As far as playing teams like Camden your right, the more teams you play like that are only gonna help your team that's why CAmden plays Milan and Huntington and Westveiw. Good LUck Cards Camden is pulling for yall.