Laken Leonard to Jackson County?

crazyvolfan

Nobody is saying the coach made the first contact. He's asking if it's allowed to have more than just casual contact with a transfer not enrolled regardless of who initiated the conversation. My thing with this is some on here are acting like there's only one school in the midstate where this player could continue developing.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(senator @ Jun 15 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826475479[/snapback]notice the differance in coaches .white mad and resentful and brown called ferris a fine young lady very coachable and wished her well he even stated this in newspaper and said she was as well manered as anyone he's ever coached.That speaks volumes about the attitude of these two coaches

I can see White being a little mad, who wouldn't, after losing their best player who is a freshman. But he shouldn't cry and whine like he did. Just wish the player luck and go on, show a little more class. You are right, notice the difference in coaches.

If G-ville plays that night, I may have to skip out to go watch JC vs. RBS. It should be very interesting to watch.

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 15 2007 - 08:20 AM) 826475392[/snapback]Great character reference.

it sure is you see we send our kids to school to better educate them for life ,lots of kids that played for coach insell now have a degree and are prepared for the future and wasnt for their ability and his teachin would have never got that opprotunity some of us worry more about high school win loss records (including coaches) than about providing opprotunities to these kids .Now your next coment wil probbly be they can do it anywhere THEY DON'T 25% of schools in Tennessee produce 97% of players tat play college athletics THATS A FACT

[quote name='Z King of D Swing' date='Jun 15 2007 - 01:44 PM' post='826475484

If that player whose getting their spot taken cares about the team and winning they probably won't be that upset. It's not like the girl getting her spot taken will never see the floor. I'm sure if you ask any of the JC girls they will probably say they are very happy Laken is coming because that makes the team better.

Somewhere over the rainbow.............. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(Indian @ Jun 15 2007 - 01:53 PM) 826475492[/snapback]My thing with this is some on here are acting like there's only one school in the midstate where this player could continue developing.

That is the choice of the family. It was stated several factors weighed into their decision. There are a several good coaches in this immediate area, but there can be numerous factors that weighs into decisions when a move is felt necessary. And they may have felt there was only one school, after all he is battle tested.

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 15 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826475429[/snapback]If she/he played in my district, and left for athletic reasons, I sure would. I know that is hard for people today to understand. It isn't all about winning, you know. Ask the player who sits the bench this year for Jackson County how she feels about it. She is the one who will be asked to "sacrifice for the team". The coach should do the sacrificing.

Let me put it this way. If you were a girls basketball coach in 7a (or any other district for that matter)...and Laken Leonard wanted to transfer to your school...and you turned her down...I think you would be in dire need of psychiatric help ASAP. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(callitlikeitis @ Jun 14 2007 - 09:45 PM) 826475281[/snapback]I want to say that i wish Laken well, this is going to be a hugh change for this family, going from big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a large pond! Athough I do respect any parent trying to help their child it is true that this move has been in the works since about 7th grade, and most fans in jackson co. knew this, RBS MUST HAVE HAD THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND> I DON"T AGREE WITH THE WHEELING AND DEAING OVER TEENAGE GIRLS> CALL IT WHAT EVER YOU WANT BUT TRUTH IS ITS ALL ABOUT THE COACHES and their egos and what is in their BEST INTEREST.

Call it like it is, you need to change your name to fantasy, and for what ever reason you feel by lying and trying to

hurt people , that it will help your dog, or interest in this. For two years this family endured hardship that should have

never happened. This so their daughter could play ball at RBS. They considered many things, But there was no contact

with anyone including Jackson County. Lakens dream was to help bring a gold ball to RBS. While the people of the

town were trying to figure out a way to hold her and the team back.