Top Prospects for 2009

ruse?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

There was a nice piece on another site written about Jock Stinson, Fulton QB, class of 09. It's early, but with the whole recruiting cycle being pushed back further (South Carolina already has two 09 commits), Tennessee's talent pool growing wider and deeper, and Tennessee high school football not getting the respect it's due; it seemed like time to start a list.

To the best of my knowledge, last year there were only two players that earned All State recognition during their Sophomore seasons. Both are already receiving a lot of attention from the big name schools, and sites like rivals, scout, etc.

Eric Gordon who is a 5-11, 180 lb athlete out of Hillsboro is one. He really impressed this past weekend at Musical City Seven on Seven. Very quick, big time "playmaker", good hands, and the natural hip rotation that could make him a very attractive CB prospect.

Zak Tait who is a 6-4, 295 lb OL/DL out of Knoxville Catholic. Made the All State team @ DT, but according to rivals, etc. is also being looked @ by Nebraska, Bama, ND, UT, ect. @ OG.

2009 could be the year of the WR in TN. Here they are as well as others. Plase add them if you know em.

* Marlon Brown. 6-5, 200 lb. Harding Academy. 41 Receptions. 780 Yards. 8 TDs.

* Corey Jordan. 6-1, 180 lb. Hillsboro. Gets to work with and against Eric Gordan which can't hurt.

* Zach Rogers. 6-2, 170 lb. David Lipscomb. Smooth, athletic, & could be faster than brother Austin @ UT.

* Nick Thomas. 6-0, 180 lb. Raleigh Egypt. Leaper, great body control, and balance.

* Thad McHaney. 6-7, 210 lb. Brentwood Academy. Very impressive athlete. TE if he adds weight. Match-up problem, if not.

* Cameron Mason. TE. 6-4,220 lb. Brentwood High. Nice hands, blocks well beyond his years.

* Jamie Wilson. RB. 6-0, 195 lb. Knoxville Central. Fast, powerful. Cassen Jackson?

* Wesley Tate. RB. 6-1, 180 lb. PJ II. Name sound familiar?

* Will Gillchrist. QB. 6-2, 180 lb. Hardin County 1600 yards passing, and 17 TDs as a Soph.

* Jock Stinson. QB. 6-1, 180 lb. Knoxville Fulton. 1700 yards passing, and 16 TDs as Soph.

* Derrick Webb. LB. 6-1, 215 lb. Whitehaven. Instincts, speed, and "want to."

* Cole Ticher. DE. 6-4, 225 lb. Brentwood High. Good feet, strenght, and leverage.

* Austin Long. Briarcrest. 6-4, 275 lb. Nice frame, athletic.

Like I said, add em if you know em.

ruse?

Terrance "TD" Davis, QB, Antioch ---Has great potential and is in the right system. A definate playmaker.

Zak Tait who is a 6-4, 295 lb OL/DL out of Knoxville Catholic. Made the All State team @ DT, but according to rivals, etc. is also being looked @ by Nebraska, Bama, ND, UT, ect. @ OG.

The Tait kid made an impression at the Bama football camp this week. One of the coaches told me he was the most impressive lineman participating in the camp. A couple of coaches from a FL HS were talking to his Mom trying to get him and his brother to move to FL to play for them

FYI, Brent Burnette QB, Maryville was throwing the ball really well. IMO the 3rd best QB participating in the camp behind Zac Stroud from OH and Jordan Jefferson from LA. QB Shane Spann from Jo Byrns 6'3 190lbs threw the ball well but was not one of the top QBs

The best Jr QB was Nick Hughes 6-2, 202, 4.72 from Boyd. He was the only one to win a Saban award from the group of Jr QBs

SP's Soph QB, Terrell Robinson will be one to watch in 2010

The Tait kid made an impression at the Bama football camp this week. One of the coaches told me he was the most impressive lineman participating in the camp. A couple of coaches from a FL HS were talking to his Mom trying to get him and his brother to move to FL to play for them

FYI, Brent Burnette QB, Maryville was throwing the ball really well. IMO the 3rd best QB participating in the camp behind Zac Stroud from OH and Jordan Jefferson from LA. QB Shane Spann from Jo Byrns 6'3 190lbs threw the ball well but was not one of the top QBs

The best Jr QB was Nick Hughes 6-2, 202, 4.72 from Boyd. He was the only one to win a Saban award from the group of Jr QBs

SP's Soph QB, Terrell Robinson will be one to watch in 2010

zonepirate.

Thanks. Good info on Burnette. Heard North Carolina is on him hard. FYI, Brent Hubbs reported over on unapproved website that Tait has been offered by both UT & Bama. Do you have any stats on Hughes from last season? By the way, would you please tell Saban to stay the (#$% away from our OL/DL in Tennessee. Jones, Spurlock, Bailey for 08, and Tait for 09. Don't they have enough of those big old hogs down there. And don't get me started about Hightower!

ruse?

zonepirate.

Thanks. Good info on Burnette. Heard North Carolina is on him hard. FYI, Brent Hubbs reported over on unapproved website that Tait has been offered by both UT & Bama. Do you have any stats on Hughes from last season? By the way, would you please tell Saban to stay the (#$% away from our OL/DL in Tennessee. Jones, Spurlock, Bailey for 08, and Tait for 09. Don't they have enough of those big old hogs down there. And don't get me started about Hightower!

ruse?

Burnette's dad said he liked NC a lot. Tait seemed to really like it at Bama. Besides Coach Saban, Coach Pendry (Bama's O-line & Asst head coach) has almost 30 year's of experience with 19 of those years in the NFL. That has to impress any lineman looking to play at the next level. One of the HS coaches working with the O linemen seems to think Tait has a verbal from Bama.

Sorry man. I have no pull with Coach Saban. You will have to talk to him yourself /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Nick broke his arm before the season (in summer practice I think) and didn't even get to play until late. I don't have his stats but they would only be for a few games and he was back-up to their Sr QB. He probably would have been the starter if he didn't get hurt and the other kid would have been a TE. He had some good games in the playoffs and had some good runs. They run from the gun and he runs the option plays well. He is also the Punter. Here is his pic from camp (front-blue helmet)

Burnette's dad said he liked NC a lot. Tait seemed to really like it at Bama. Besides Coach Saban, Coach Pendry (Bama's O-line & Asst head coach) has almost 30 year's of experience with 19 of those years in the NFL. That has to impress any lineman looking to play at the next level. One of the HS coaches working with the O linemen seems to think Tait has a verbal from Bama.

Sorry man. I have no pull with Coach Saban. You will have to talk to him yourself /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Nick broke his arm before the season (in summer practice I think) and didn't even get to play until late. I don't have his stats but they would only be for a few games and he was back-up to their Sr QB. He probably would have been the starter if he didn't get hurt and the other kid would have been a TE. He had some good games in the playoffs and had some good runs. They run from the gun and he runs the option plays well. He is also the Punter. Here is his pic from camp (front-blue helmet)

zonepirate.

Thanks for the info on Hughes. I will keep an eye out. Also, I will call Saban as I noticed in the background of that picture he seemed to be standing next to Tait with a large wad of cash in his hand:)

ruse?

zonepirate.

Thanks for the info on Hughes. I will keep an eye out. Also, I will call Saban as I noticed in the background of that picture he seemed to be standing next to Tait with a large wad of cash in his hand:)

ruse?

Nic will have some big numbers this year and he is a Bama lock if they were to offer /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know better...I was careful about what was in the background /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

Actually you do have to be careful about what pics you post. Posting a picture of a recruit with a coach can be a NCAA violation in some situations. Camp pics are OK but recruiting visits are usually not and since camps usually have some of both you have to play it safe.

Josh Blake at Grace Academy has greatly improved this offseason. After a soph year where he passed for over 1,000 yards and ran for almost 1,000 he worked hard on speed and strength. He has added some bulk, and has been clocked at 4.5 multiple times in the 40. He was clocked at 4.62 on wet grass at Furman. At the Furman QB camp he was selected one of the top 12 out of 175. Look for big things out of this rising junior.

Pendry wants Zak Tait bad. This kid works hard and is only going to get better. UT needs to start stepping up their efforts on Tenn. kids. They didn't treat the all-stars very well and kids talk. Practiced on sorry field off campus, dorms a mile away from film room and no UT coaches to be seen. Kentucky practiced in their indoor the whole time. UT needs to step up and go for kids who bleed orange and white and stop going out of state for kids with the same skills.