7AAA

live2succeed

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, this is a fun district and the competition within the district makes it that way. Let's get back on a positive note, please. With that said, will everyone post scores from around the district as soon as you get them -- especially tonight? Thanks. C.H.U.D. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey guys, this is a fun district and the competition within the district makes it that way. Let's get back on a positive note, please. With that said, will everyone post scores from around the district as soon as you get them -- especially tonight? Thanks. C.H.U.D. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Riverdale 9, Oakland 1. 2-0 at halftime, Oakland defense played really good 1st half. Goalie Julia Greene had a couple nice saves. Becca Smith 5 goals, Hannah McGowen 2, Sarah Parker 1 and Kirstin Williams 1 (header off a Becca cross)

Pretty fair assesment in the DNJ, but I think they listed the wrong Siegel keeper.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../709190337/1006

The Lady Blaze did hang tough through out.

Not meaning to take SF15 to task here, because he/she did compliment Blaze tenacity, and it is happening in a lot of threads by several posters. Yes there were missed opportunities on Siegel's side where the score could have been higher. The flip side is that two of the goals appeared to neutral observers as well the Blackman faithful to be offsides. Further Coulda, woulda, shoulda; take away the two keeper miscues, and you have a 1-0 Siegel victory. I'm not trying to take anything away from Siegel, because they are a top level team. Congrats on a 3-1 victory.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine about re hashing a game on what if's.

After seeing siegel play against blackman last night I was not impressed by their intensity. It seems that this year that the stars play well and intense against very good teams but seem to play down to other opponents. Maybe this will be a wake-up call for the stars because that game should have easily been 4-5 to 0. Not to take anything away from Blackman though. They are starting to get back up to their strong play from several years ago with the Kirby cousins. But they have always had a defense. But for the stars to go back to state they need to get their intensity up and start playing the way they are capable of. If so, they will be a very strong team once again this year. But yes I will have to agree with you sp15, that "rain delay" was quite funny. lol

One last attempt to communicate my point, then I am mum on the game. Offside was used to make the point. (Obviously, not very well!) Perspectives differ from vantage point, bias etc. It wasn't called so it doesn't exist.

The point that I was trying to make was that you can "what if" a/the game to a pck_a_number - 0 one way victory , down to a 0-0 tie, the other way pick_a_number - 0 win, or pick_a_number - pick_a_number finish. Other than the rain delay, it was two teams getting after each other the best way they knew how.

There just seems to be a pattern of denigrating a team on how big the score could have been, then paying them a backhand compliment on how hard they played, gonna be a good team someday, etc. Again, not just 7AAA, you see it quite alot on other threads as well. IMHO not far from making excuses on the final outcome. If you don't believe the score, look it up on Eurosport next week. Bet it is still the same.

Sorry if I have offended. Long day.