Class 3A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

Upon hearing some recent news from Sycamore today and while I was in Macon Co last week, I change MY predictions to:

1. WH

2. PC

3. GB

4. S CAMP

5. MACON

6. SYC

7. DEKALB

I reserve the right to stay mum on what is going on at both places...

[/quote i would like to kno wat u supposdly think is guin on here

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon hearing some recent news from Sycamore today and while I was in Macon Co last week, I change MY predictions to:

1. WH

2. PC

3. GB

4. S CAMP

5. MACON

6. SYC

7. DEKALB

I reserve the right to stay mum on what is going on at both places...

I like what I see in Greenbrier already. What a difference a year makes. I agree with your picks here.

NO SIR I HAVE NO CHANGES!!!!!

1.) Pearl Cohn: they return the league's top passer (Mason), top rusher (Gregory), and top overall defensive player (Griffin) along with Sweatt, Knight, Beard, & Osborne.

2.) White House: a tremendous group returns featuring Gaines, Wiss, the Paynes, the Neals, & Parker along with many others.

3.) Station Camp: they return Johnson, Barker, Tope, Moore, Bailey, & Reed as the core from last year's great team.

4.) Sycamore: a stout defense led by Lane, Johnson, Tucker, Hymer, & Brown combined with a good offense led by Simms, Carrigan, & Morris.

5.) Greenbrier: a perrenial playoff team that could get back this year returning Grogan, Pinkleton, Grubbs, Dickerson, & Seay.

6.) DeKalb Co.: a solid young defense to go with an offense that returns Cripps & Poteete should mean improvement.

7.) Macon Co.: just can't see the Tigers suprising anyone this year after losing Hernandez, Kirby, Woodard, Young, Hire, & Greenhalgh from last year's pass heavy attack & this hasn't been combined with the fact that the team from the previous year lost an all-state caliber offensive backfield in Dallas & Hudson.

PRESEASON REGION 4-3A ALL REGION TEAM

Region MVP: Howard Griffin (Pearl Cohn)

Offensive MVP: Deaunte Mason (Pearl Cohn)

Defensive MVP: Spenser Tope (Station Camp)

MVP Quarterback: Jake Simms (Sycamore)

MVP Running Back: Deaveon Gregory (Pearl Cohn)

MVP Wide Receiver: Cory Carrigan (Sycamore)

MVP Offensive Lineman: Davd Lane (Sycamore)

MVP Defensive Lineman: Rogers Gaines (White House)

MVP Linebacker: Ryan Dickerson (Greenbrier)

MVP Co-Defensive Back: DeMarqus Payne (White House) & Michael Seay (Greenbrier)

MVP Kicker: Christian Reed (Station Camp)

MVP Punter: Trevor Francis (Sycamore)

MVP Athlete: Corey Cripps (DeKalb Co.)

I'll respect your opinion as far as your picks go but some of these listed reasons behind the picks are just too funny. It is your opinion however so with that in mind here is how I view these teams:

Station Camp has a few holes to fill up front however they are a team that returns many key players from last year's 10-2 team. Jacob Barker, Matthew Johnson, Christian Reed, Spencer Tope, Richard Bailey, & L'Darius Moore are all players that played a huge role in the success of the Bison last fall. I would be shocked if Station Camp finishes near the bottom in this region.

Pearl Cohn's current coaching staff has been in place for 1 YEAR!!!! In that lone season the Firebirds reached the semifinals of the state playoffs and in a one month period of time during the run last season PC beat Station Camp, Polk Co., White House, & Sycamore. I am sure that they didn't just "luck up" and win all of those games by accident last year. There are a lot of coaches that you may consider to be "good" who would have wanted to enjoy that kind of success in their first seasons. The Firebirds have some rebuilding to do after losing Mason, Gupton, & Gordon (not to mention a ton of linemen) if they want to repeat as region champs and get back into position to make a run at the Blue Cross Bowl.

White House returns a bunch of key players from last year but you can't possibly convince me that your reason for picking them is not biased. The Blue Devils return 3 STARTERS on the offensive side of the football. Townsend is gone, West is gone, & Allen is likely going to miss the entire season due to injury. Mayhew is gone & Moore is gone. White House will without question be one of the four playoff teams in this region. THEY MAY IN FACT WIN REGION 4-3A IN 2007!!! The only beef that I have is that the Blue Devils do have some rebuilding to do.

Sycamore will not miss the playoffs behind a team that gets in because in your opinion they'll be "average....just average". If they do miss the playoffs it will be the third time in four years that they have done so HOWEVER that my friend is a big "IF". The War Eagles return a ton up front to a defense that was stellar in the late run of success in 2006. Tucker, Johnson, Lane, & Stansburry are all back in the interior of that defensive front. Pope, Ivey, & Brown are also all returning. Carrigan & Morris are capable of handling the rushing duties on offense and if Simms gives them anywhere near the production that they got from Garza & Lohin in past years then LOOK OUT!!!

I do like your Greenbrier pick (or at least your reasoning). The Bobcats are always tough under Kirk Williams and that wil continue to be the case this upcoming season. Seay is back, Dickerson is back, Pinkleton is back, Grogan is back, etc. Greenbrier was young last year and as anyone that has played young on Friday nights will tell ya THEY EXPERIENCED GROWING PAINS!!!! Look at the close defeats Greenbrier had against Macon Co., Sycamore, & White House. The Bobcats were nearly a playoff team last season when you look at the point differential in those losses. One year older and one year stronger in the weight room and who knows?????? Greenbrier could easily be a playoff team in this region.

I PERSONALLY DO NOT SEE ANY WAY THAT MACON CO. OR DEKALB CO. CAN GET TO THE POSTSEASON!!!! Macon Co. lost entirely too much from last year's bunch and if it is true that they are changing the offense from a spread attack to a wing-T then it will take some time and they will endure some growing pains early. The first two region games being against Pearl Cohn & White House do not look good. DeKalb Co. improved last year though the results do not show it. Cripps is a decent football player at running back and Poteete is a tough gritty player that can help the Tigers out on Friday nights. With this still I believe DeKalb Co. to be one more year away from challenging the top teams in this region for postseason play.

NO SIR I HAVE NO CHANGES!!!!!

1.) Pearl Cohn: they return the league's top passer (Mason), top rusher (Gregory), and top overall defensive player (Griffin) along with Sweatt, Knight, Beard, & Osborne.

2.) White House: a tremendous group returns featuring Gaines, Wiss, the Paynes, the Neals, & Parker along with many others.

3.) Station Camp: they return Johnson, Barker, Tope, Moore, Bailey, & Reed as the core from last year's great team.

4.) Sycamore: a stout defense led by Lane, Johnson, Tucker, Hymer, & Brown combined with a good offense led by Simms, Carrigan, & Morris.

5.) Greenbrier: a perrenial playoff team that could get back this year returning Grogan, Pinkleton, Grubbs, Dickerson, & Seay.

6.) DeKalb Co.: a solid young defense to go with an offense that returns Cripps & Poteete should mean improvement.

7.) Macon Co.: just can't see the Tigers suprising anyone this year after losing Hernandez, Kirby, Woodard, Young, Hire, & Greenhalgh from last year's pass heavy attack & this hasn't been combined with the fact that the team from the previous year lost an all-state caliber offensive backfield in Dallas & Hudson.

PRESEASON REGION 4-3A ALL REGION TEAM

Region MVP: Howard Griffin (Pearl Cohn)

Offensive MVP: Deaunte Mason (Pearl Cohn)

Defensive MVP: Spenser Tope (Station Camp)

MVP Quarterback: Jake Simms (Sycamore)

MVP Running Back: Deaveon Gregory (Pearl Cohn)

MVP Wide Receiver: Cory Carrigan (Sycamore)

MVP Offensive Lineman: Davd Lane (Sycamore)

MVP Defensive Lineman: Rogers Gaines (White House)

MVP Linebacker: Ryan Dickerson (Greenbrier)

MVP Co-Defensive Back: DeMarqus Payne (White House) & Michael Seay (Greenbrier)

MVP Kicker: Christian Reed (Station Camp)

MVP Punter: Trevor Francis (Sycamore)

MVP Athlete: Corey Cripps (DeKalb Co.)

OK season over.... COUNTRY HAS SPOKEN...... Wish I knew as much as you......Why should we even play, you got it all figured out. You make some really good arguments about everyone in this region. Oh well

OK season over.... COUNTRY HAS SPOKEN...... Wish I knew as much as you......Why should we even play, you got it all figured out. You make some really good arguments about everyone in this region. Oh well

Okay if you don't like the picks then let's see yours. Don't sit behind a computer and gripe and complain just because someone picked Macon Co. to finish last in the region.

My picks are never going to be "dead on balls" accurate. THEY NEVER ARE!!!! Nobody can say this and if you don't believe me here's a look over the last two years since the region has been in place.

2005 Coaches Picks

1.) White House actually finished 3rd

2.) Pearl Cohn actually finished 2nd

3.) Greenbrier actually finished 1st

4.) Sycamore actually finished 5th

5.) Station Camp actually finished 6th

6.) Macon Co. actually finished 4th

7.) DeKalb Co. actually finished 7th

2006 Coaches Picks

2.) Greenbrier actually finished 6th

3.) Pearl Cohn actually finished 1st

4.) Macon Co. actually finished 5th

5.) Station Camp actually finished 2nd

6.) Sycamore actually finished 4th

So over the last two years the team that has been predicted to finish first in both preseasons actually wound up finishing third. The team that has been predicted to finish third both preseasons wound up finishing first. The team that has been predicted to finish fourth both preseasons wound up finishing fifth and missing the playoffs. The team that has been predicted to finish sixth both preseasons wound up finishing fourth and getting into the playoffs.

Uner this method for this year that would have to mean that the following will occur:

a.) Station Camp will wind up winning the region title

b.) White House will finish the regular season third in the region for a third straight season

c.) Sycamore & Greenbrier will finish for a tie at sixth place in the region

d.) Macon Co. will finish at fourth and get into the state playoffs.

NOTE: this means that Pearl Cohn finishes second & DeKalb Co. finishes fifth in the final standings BECAUSE.....

2007 Coaches Picks

1.) White House

2.) Pearl Cohn

3.) Station Camp

4.) Greenbrier (TIE)

4.) Sycamore (TIE)

6.) Macon Co.

7.) DeKalb Co.

Okay if you don't like the picks then let's see yours. Don't sit behind a computer and gripe and complain just because someone picked Macon Co. to finish last in the region.

My picks are never going to be "dead on balls" accurate. THEY NEVER ARE!!!! Nobody can say this and if you don't believe me here's a look over the last two years since the region has been in place.

2005 Coaches Picks

2006 Coaches Picks

So over the last two years the team that has been predicted to finish first in both preseasons actually wound up finishing third. The team that has been predicted to finish third both preseasons wound up finishing first. The team that has been predicted to finish fourth both preseasons wound up finishing fifth and missing the playoffs. The team that has been predicted to finish sixth both preseasons wound up finishing fourth and getting into the playoffs.

Uner this method for this year that would have to mean that the following will occur:

b.) White House will finish the regular season third in the region for a third straight season

NOTE: this means that Pearl Cohn finishes second & DeKalb Co. finishes fifth in the final standings BECAUSE.....

2007 Coaches Picks

1.) White House

2.) Pearl Cohn

3.) Station Camp

4.) Greenbrier (TIE)

4.) Sycamore (TIE)

6.) Macon Co.

7.) DeKalb Co.

I love it when BC speaks his mind. I agree with just about all you say! Go Bison!

2005 Coaches Picks

2006 Coaches Picks

2007 Coaches Picks

1.) White House

2.) Pearl Cohn

3.) Station Camp

4.) Greenbrier (TIE)

4.) Sycamore (TIE)

6.) Macon Co.

7.) DeKalb Co.

Gee BC...do you remember the crap you gave us when we lost 7-3 to Station Camp is last year's jamboree? I told you then they weren't bad. I didn't know they were as good as they turned out.

I saw the players you listed for them this year. Who should we look for Saturday...and what are their numbers and postitions? I know Tope...but who else?

#10 Johnson, #6 Moore, & #33 Bailey are three that I like. Tope is a linebacker on defense and has moved to the fullback position on offense this season where he'll replace the graduated Schewe (hope that is spelled right).

It should be a good matchup for a jamboree anyway. I looking forward to seeing the other SC.