Knox CHS 2007

footballu

Central 42 King's 20: Webb 18 Karns 17. Central v Webb @ 8:00 PM w/ winner advancing to Championship FriBobcats had several picks, I believe 4, against King's Academy. Defensive coverage was excellent IMO.

I know that Central has a good defense, but lets not get to happy. You played King's Academy for Gosh sakes. Not a real powerhouse of a team. Not to say they are not good in their own sense, but just not at big time football.

Good luck to The King's Academy, and the Central Bobcats.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ruse?, what time is the game tonight and what happened to Alcoa? I thought they were in this or I could be wrong.

Alcoa lost earlier in the tourney to Seymour. The championship game @ 8:00 between Central and Fulton should be a good one. Central's D has looked pretty good, but Fulton is loaded with athletes.

Thanks ruse?, what time is the game tonight and what happened to Alcoa? I thought they were in this or I could be wrong.

shockjockjr.

bobcat 09 has it right. Should be a good one. Fulton's D has looked good. A defensive battle in a passing league championship?

ruse?

shockjockjr.

bobcat 09 has it right. Should be a good one. Fulton's D has looked good. A defensive battle in a passing league championship?

ruse?

Just got back from 7 on 7 .. Central won 30 - 26 .. Fulton had ball and ran out of time at end .. also Fulton lost thier 2 starting DB' and Wr's on about the 3rd play of game ... Vic Smith went by ambulance to hospital and Ken Tyson had headache and didnt play anymore ... they collided across the middle in a very scary hit .. Derrick Humprey the other starter at DB and WR was out with ankle sprain and didnt play ... Fulton had 3 and 4 freshman playing the whole game ... I was impressed that Fulton gave them a game with all those freshman playing and thier 3 top DB's and WR's out .. I think both teams will have a good passing game this year .....

Just got back from 7 on 7 .. Central won 30 - 26 .. Fulton had ball and ran out of time at end .. also Fulton lost thier 2 starting DB' and Wr's on about the 3rd play of game ... Vic Smith went by ambulance to hospital and Ken Tyson had headache and didnt play anymore ... they collided across the middle in a very scary hit .. Derrick Humprey the other starter at DB and WR was out with ankle sprain and didnt play ... Fulton had 3 and 4 freshman playing the whole game ... I was impressed that Fulton gave them a game with all those freshman playing and thier 3 top DB's and WR's out .. I think both teams will have a good passing game this year .....

Hope the two that collided recover quickly. It was a violent collision. The game was a lot of fun to watch. Not sure what you can tell from this type of game. To set the record straight, Fulton lost the ball on downs at the end. Central had the ball as time expired.

Hope the two that collided recover quickly. It was a violent collision. The game was a lot of fun to watch. Not sure what you can tell from this type of game. To set the record straight, Fulton lost the ball on downs at the end. Central had the ball as time expired.

Thanks Bobcat09 .. hope Vic is OK ... you are correct ..fulton turned it over on downs ..I guess what I meant to say was with 40 seconds left they had to throw down field instead of the short stuff ... good luck to central

You said exactly what you ment to say, and you said it well. Here Ill help you explain, Fulton lost and you want to whine and discredit the Cats. I watched Fulton play all week in the passing league and I saw Many of the same players out there tonight making plays for the Falcons that Ive seen all week. Settle down because when the real season starts you wont have to worry about Central. All you have to worry about is two games AE and Catholic, then you can win state again, Everybody else in 3-A is WEAK.

You said exactly what you ment to say, and you said it well. Here Ill help you explain, Fulton lost and you want to whine and discredit the Cats. I watched Fulton play all week in the passing league and I saw Many of the same players out there tonight making plays for the Falcons that Ive seen all week. Settle down because when the real season starts you wont have to worry about Central. All you have to worry about is two games AE and Catholic, then you can win state again, Everybody else in 3-A is WEAK.

First let me say that the Falcon Nation’s thoughts and prayers are with Vic and Tyson.

I dont think anyone was discrediting Central...Tadvol just brought up factors that played a key role in the outcome of the game. Even in all of your partiality, you would have to admit that not having 3 starting WRs/DBs from last year’s state championship team made a HUGE factor in the game, and also...if Wilson and Styles had not played Central would have been flat out embarrassed by the Falcons.

Here are the facts: Fulton played 3 freshman on offense virtually the entire game and 3-4 on defense and almost came out on top (what a huge moral victory for your downward spiraling program),

Fulton has nothing to prove b/c we have the gold balls while Central looks forward to getting fitted for their bridesmaid dresses each year,

And lastly you have to put this into perspective…this was a FLAG league.

Ball envy is a serious illness and seems to have become an epidemic in the Fountain City area.

If I remeber correctly I said that I thought both Central and Fulton would have good passing teams and also I said good luck to Central ... but hey lets be real here .. you dont honestly think that Central would have won had Vic Smith, Ken Tyson and Derrick Humprey would have played do you ??? Fulton had 3 and 4 freshman out there all night .... Vic Smith had 4 TD's the night before ... anyway Im not gonna get into a debate here .. I just hope the kid's arent hurt badly ....

Did you notice how Central went right down the field on the first posession, they were about to score before the injuries. If you know Fulton that well, why dont you tell everyone how many Fulton players are from the Central youth program. The Falcons had 5 starters from the Bobcats last year, including Rogan. Fulton is loaded with athletes because theyve had a nice run, but what have they really accomplished, well they have had success against Catholic and AE, Everybody else in 3-A is weak. Comparing 3-A and 4-A ball is like comparing Arena football to the NFL.