Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good!

Lets say jmu is correct

Lets look at every teams first (2) region games...........who do you like?

Riverdale- (Oakland, Blackman) - 2-0

Smyrna- (Siegel, Lebanon) - 2-0

Oakland-(Riverdale, Lavergne) - 1 loss and a big game with Lavergne

Lebanon-(Smyrna, Lavergne) - 1 loss and a big game with Lavergne (*note Lebanon and WC do not play in league week "0")

Blackman- (Lavergne, Riverdale) - a loss after the game with Lavergne

Lavergne- (Blackman, Oakland) - if 2-0; Oakland and Blackman are both 0-2

siegel- (Smyrna, Wilson Central) - 1 loss and a game with WC

Wilson Central- (siegel, Oakland) - both teams will be 0-1 (*note Lebanon and WC do not play in league week "0")

Jmu; if you are correct then Lavergne can be in the proverbial cat-bird seat very quickly. If you are correct, then the first huge play-off game will be Lavergne-Oakland ( who does everyone like?).

Other thoughts:

Blackman may have overscheduled.

Lebanon & WC will get a "free" look before dipping their toe in the water.

This could be an interesting year

toga-toga

slingmdeep, "complacency" got them to the finals. A one-armed Greg Oden never was arrogant, nor his team. Florida was just too good. I don't even think you understood what you were saying when you posted that. You probably just heard it somewhere and thought it referred to what the conversation is about.

My entire point was that you are arrogant if you make the types of comments that you made earlier. As far as I know, Greg Oden was not the entire team. Mike Conley, Jr. said in an interview before the game that SEC basketball did not compare to the teams that they play night in and night out. So, yes, I did hear it somewhere (an ESPN interview) and it is exactly the type of arrogance that you were displaying in your previous post. You are counting wins before you play. Just an observation, not an indictment. I support all of Rutherford county and I am glad when our teams do well.

When a team gets shut down 49-0 and then squeaks by the same opponent a few weeks later.....yes that is considered an upset. Riverdale was one play away from sending you home . If Scott had not had to go out a play when he got hurt....he would have passed on you . Instead, the back-up qb came in and the rest was history.

Yes, we were a terrible pass away from beating you.....and just think we actually blew TWO chances. One under-thrown and one over thrown to the EXACT same receiver who was wide open both times/ and fast enough to have scored. Two plays in a row..... to the same receiver.......and no coverage on him. We lost by 6. Had we scored and gotten the extra pt.....you had no time to work a miracle. But lose we did.....no changing that.

As I recall. Siegel has always played you tough.

As I recall.....yall used Riverdale's " We Ready" to your advantage that a coacht poster placed on this forum. Yes, players DO get their motivation from this forum.....even SMYRNA.

Well atleast we both agree that that was an upset. What happened, happened.

Yea it is kinda sad that we too had to get motivated off of that. But that video had a billion times more meaning to Smyrna than my comments should to Siegel. When it comes down to it, I don't think that what coacht members post on here really has as great of an effect at gametime as some might think. I could be wrong though.

I don't know if Smyrna stole that mohawk thing from 'Dale or not. I know that Riverdale isn't the only team on the planet that gets mohawks. But yes, their might have been some rubbing it in, idk. Personally, I thought the mohawks looked ridiculous on most of the players. I wouldn't have gotten one lol.

slingmdeep, that's conley's opinion. I don't necessarily disagree with him either and I'm an sec fan.

Florida- great

Tennessee- very good and almost beat OSU

Vanderbilt- probably couldn't hang with OSU because of Oden's presence, I very well could be wrong

Kentucky- stunk

LSU- underachieved bigtime

'Bama- disappointment

South Carolina- shouldn't have been in the tourney to begin with

and the others were even worse

Well atleast we both agree that that was an upset. What happened, happened.

Yea it is kinda sad that we too had to get motivated off of that. But that video had a billion times more meaning to Smyrna than my comments should to Siegel. When it comes down to it, I don't think that what coacht members post on here really has as great of an effect at gametime as some might think. I could be wrong though.

I don't know if Smyrna stole that mohawk thing from 'Dale or not. I know that Riverdale isn't the only team on the planet that gets mohawks. But yes, their might have been some rubbing it in, idk. Personally, I thought the mohawks looked ridiculous on most of the players. I wouldn't have gotten one lol.

slingmdeep, that's conley's opinion. I don't necessarily disagree with him either and I'm an sec fan.

Florida- great

Tennessee- very good and almost beat OSU

Vanderbilt- probably couldn't hang with OSU because of Oden's presence, I very well could be wrong

Kentucky- stunk

LSU- underachieved bigtime

'Bama- disappointment

South Carolina- shouldn't have been in the tourney to begin with

and the others were even worse

You are still missing my point. Arrogance is arrogance. It will come back to bite you eventually. It also bit some of the RHS faithful on this message board when they acted as if the playoff game with Smyrna was a "done deal." That is my point...not how the SEC compares to the Big 10.

You are still missing my point. Arrogance is arrogance. It will come back to bite you eventually. It also bit some of the RHS faithful on this message board when they acted as if the playoff game with Smyrna was a "done deal." That is my point...not how the SEC compares to the Big 10.

Arrogance is whatever you make it. Some call it confidence, others think it's arrogance/cockiness.

I'm so CONFIDENT in Smyrna that I will sit here and say that they will start 2-0 in the region. And if they don't beat siegel and Lebanon, I will NEVER post on coacht ever again.

Mark my words. Jot it down, post it on your lockerroom walls, or whatever.

I wasnt one of those coachT posters that acted like it was a done deal i am proud to say LOL people have to realize there is a big differnece between playoff and regular season and smyrna made the play they had to make last year and we didnt

I would be confident over beating siegel but i would NOT be confident over beating Lebanon while I agree you SHOULD win both lebanon will be a playoff team this year so if you dont come and play they can beat you