Sonny Gray

Live4FridayNite615

The rule may need to be rewritten, or thrown out, or whatever but the point is that you can't make a differentiation between one all-star game over another. The rule has to deal with a church league all-star game, to use his example, the same way as one of the notoriety of the AFLAC game. Apparently this became a big problem somewhere in the past or the rule wouldn't exist. I'm sure it will be revisited now.

They are appealing and the hearing will be heard thursday or friday. Email and call the TSSAA to pressure them into letting Sonny play.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonny was told today that "until he plays in the game and has something to appeal there is nothing he can do" As it stand now he will not be playing Aug 11th in a game he deserves to be a part of!!!

Way to go T$$AA!!!!

wow so do it and then take a chance on forgiveness? yeah right lol BUT lets not forget a lot of the problems is a superintendent that starts the year earlier and earlier every year. Just remember if school started aug 20th or even aug 12 this would not be a problem at all. But since they have fall break another day for thanksgiving and just a few more days earlier and here we are starting on aug 9th

This was the response I got from the T$$AA. Notice the flowing of crap downhill to the secretary that emailed me back. WE NEED TO BE MAD AT THE ORGANIZERS OF THIS EVENT. WOW!!

If an exception is made for him, then what happens when in

September another outstanding athlete is selected to play

in an all-star volleyball match at the end of September?

Now, I am sure there may be other athletes that have been

selected that will not be able to play as well because

their state association has a similar rule. If you are

going to be mad at someone, be mad at the organizers of

the event for not checking to see how the eligibility of

the athletes selected would be effected.

This was my reply:

So what if an all-star volleyball player gets selected to play in an

all-star game? Let her play. Again I ask you to tell me ONE good,

legitamate reason that letting them play is going to hurt anything other

than the T$$AA not getting any money off of it? You are taking away a

kid's oppportunity of a lifetime just because YOU are not making money off

of it. Tell me ONE more kid that won't be able to play in it because of

there state organization and I won't say another word. But obviously the

higher ups must have you brain washed into thinking nothing is wrong with

what you are doing to Sonny either. It is a shame and this will not be the

last time this issue will be brought up if he is not allowed to play. And

don't try to lay the blame on someone else! This is all about you guys!!

Don't give up on this guys and gals. This is an opportunity for us to voice our opinions and tell them we are not happy with what is going on.

looks like they are tryin to blame it on someone else. whoever did it, it wasnt them!!! wow real mature!!!

wow so do it and then take a chance on forgiveness? yeah right lol BUT lets not forget a lot of the problems is a superintendent that starts the year earlier and earlier every year. Just remember if school started aug 20th or even aug 12 this would not be a problem at all. But since they have fall break another day for thanksgiving and just a few more days earlier and here we are starting on aug 9th

A lot of schools start this week.

The most important part of this situation is not the timing of the game, but the fact that his eligibility is not complete in this sport. The reason football players can compete in the Army-Navy all-star game and basketball players can compete in the McDonald's game is because they have completed their high school eligiblity in that sport. That is not true in this case. You can disagree with the rule, but let's understand what we are disagreeing with. It is not whether it is August 11th or 12th or when school starts. It is because this is not next year, and Gray has not completed his eligibility

I think you have several things at work here. First, you have a rule that is very clear- no all-star games for underclassmen during the school year. Therefore, there is nothing to appeal. Second, the Board of Control (BOC) are all principals who are either starting school or in-service training this week and can not travel to Nashville to rule on something that may happen but has not occurred. Third, the BOC hires the staff at the TSSAA to make decisions on rules that the BOC has passed. They will not overrule the staff on this rule.

Now, whether or not the rule needs to be changed is another issue.

By the way, Sonny can go to the game, work out for the scouts (which is more important to the big league scouts than the game itself), and even dress and sit in the dugout. He just can't participate in the game

I think you have several things at work here. First, you have a rule that is very clear- no all-star games for underclassmen during the school year. Therefore, there is nothing to appeal. Second, the Board of Control (BOC) are all principals who are either starting school or in-service training this week and can not travel to Nashville to rule on something that may happen but has not occurred. Third, the BOC hires the staff at the TSSAA to make decisions on rules that the BOC has passed. They will not overrule the staff on this rule.

Now, whether or not the rule needs to be changed is another issue.

By the way, Sonny can go to the game, work out for the scouts (which is more important to the big league scouts than the game itself), and even dress and sit in the dugout. He just can't participate in the game

very good post...thanks

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...55&game_id=

Sad to see him give up the appeal.

Does King Ronnie and his court jesters care one bit about anyone other than themselves? I guess they needed the $1,000 fee so they could go to whatever luxurious location their planning rondevouz was scheuled for this year.

The rule has been on the books for many years with no problems until games started inviting underlcassmen. I'm not saying the rule shouldn't be changed but if the rule is in place, which it was, then it should be enforced, which it was. Kinda like the tax laws that you and I don't like.