Boyd-Buchanan's schedule compared to last years

volfan4

what do you all think about Boyd-Buchanan's easier schedule? How will it affect the team? They no longer have to play teams like Fulton, Baylor, Cookeville, etc. they do still play Red Bank. This year they play CAK, Loudon, Meigs, etc. Will they win the region again?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is better for them. I do agree that playing good teams makes you better but what they have done the last couple of years has been ridiculous. They still have a lot of good teams on the schedule this year but the games are more winable. It will help not only in the win column but also it will help with confidence.

I don't know if they will win the region this year or not but their record should be better. That will stop the people who were complaining last year about a "3-7" team hosting a playoff game.

I think it is better for them. I do agree that playing good teams makes you better but what they have done the last couple of years has been ridiculous. They still have a lot of good teams on the schedule this year but the games are more winable. It will help not only in the win column but also it will help with confidence.

I don't know if they will win the region this year or not but their record should be better. That will stop the people who were complaining last year about a "3-7" team hosting a playoff game.

I agree. We should have more wins this year. The teams that they are playing as non conference games are all good teams, who have been successful in recent years. It's really hard to tell if getting blown out by Fulton, Cookeville, etc helped the past 2 years, but I think these teams will get us ready for another run for the region title as well. South Pitt and Grace are the other 2 non region games that weren't mentioned in the original post.

I agree. We should have more wins this year. The teams that they are playing as non conference games are all good teams, who have been successful in recent years. It's really hard to tell if getting blown out by Fulton, Cookeville, etc helped the past 2 years, but I think these teams will get us ready for another run for the region title as well. South Pitt and Grace are the other 2 non region games that weren't mentioned in the original post.

Scheduling tough non-region games is smart but scheduling Fulton, Cookeville, etc is too much for Boyd. IMO scheduling a team that is going to blow you out is just about as bad as scheduling a team that you will blow out.

what do you all think about Boyd-Buchanan's easier schedule? How will it affect the team? They no longer have to play teams like Fulton, Baylor, Cookeville, etc. they do still play Red Bank. This year they play CAK, Loudon, Meigs, etc. Will they win the region again?

I think Coach Reynolds did a great job with the schedule this year. We play some great teams this year. We feel honored to be in the region we are in. Marion County, (great tradition and one of the most successful teams the state has ever had), Bledsoe County who always has great athlets and plays very physical. Sequatchie county, also historically a great program. What can you say about Tyner. Great coaches, players, fans...they can line up with anyone on any given Friday night. Year in and year out, it is a tough region to be in, so we are honored to be a part of so many great teams.

The non region games is where we got into trouble the past two years. It is just hard to play teams 3 to five times your size week in and week out. Our players were so beaten up every week it was hard to even prepare effectively for our region opponents. Coach Reynolds inherited the old schedule and we all paid for someone else's ego.

I think coach Reynolds has scheduled a season of very good teams for us to play. CAK is always a great team. We used to play Meigs many years ago and I don't think we've ever beaten them. They raise some big boys up there. I don't know a lot about Loudon, I don't think we've ever played them, but their schedule and teams they play tells me they will be a hand full. The Pirates of South Pitt are one of our longest and best rivalries. They have a great program. (Sometimes there fans get carried away) I was very disappointed last year when they had fans standing by our locker room going in at half time that were cusing our players and trying to start fights. That won't be allowed at our facility. But their players and coaches are a class act.

We play Red Bank again, which size of school and athlets will be our toughest game. I think it is our homecoming. For some reason, we have always scheduled some of our toughest games for that event. The Lions are always loaded with many large, fast athletic players. They had an awsome team last year and was leading Maryville in the playoffs early in the game. I felt like we played them pretty well for 3 quarters and then we just simply got over run.

Everything considered, we still have a tough schedule, but one that schools will be our size or only twice our size most of the time, so it should be much more competitive for us.

As far as repeating as region champs. We will work hard and do all we can to make that happen. I think Tyner lost a lot of great 4 year starters, but we find little comfort in that because Coach Turner always finds a way to compete and put his team in a position to win. I think they went 41 region games without a loss untill last year. Let's face it, until you do what Tyner has done, we are all just want to be's. Make no mistake, we will go to their place the last game of the season prepared for a war.. I know they want to return the favor.

One team I personally am worried about in the region is Marion. The QB is very, very good. I think they have a lot of returning starters. They will be dangerous this year and not to be overlooked. Sequatchie has matured a lot and will return many starters. They've had a couple of bad seasons, but we all know the support from their community is strong and they will also be a force to be dealt with.

I see NO clear cut favorite this year in our region, it should be one of the most competitive years of football ever.

• 3 weeks later...