Boyd-Buchanan's schedule compared to last years

volfan4

Hey Buc. I'll make sure the village idiots are kept in check next time you come for a visit

Thanks. Please don't get me wrong. Players, coaches and MOST fans Pirate fans show class. There was about 20-30 men, not teens doing this. That could have been an ugly scene. Those fans would not yield a path to our locker room and at the same time yelling obsenities to our players. Again, I know those few do NOT represent S. Pitt's program.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from Jim that Boyd did pretty well against Brainerd, 2-2. He said Nick had one TD passing and another running and the line blocked extremely well. Holding Brainerd to only 2 scores is pretty impressive. Sounds like you guys could be pretty strong this year

Nick is showing good leadership. I think the coaches were happy for the most part. We got burned a couple of times up top. Coaches were trying to play everyone, they might have scored twice on the starting DB's but it wouldn't have been as easy. The best thing about camp and the scrimmage was that no one was injured on either team.

Hey Boyd Folks, Just wanted to say thanks for the way your staff and fans welcomed Smith Co. fans last year during the playoffs. I think this may have been said in another post last year but I thought I'd say it again. You guys have a great place to play football. Good luck this season.

Thanks for the compliments. I hope for another game with Smith Co. this year in the play offs. Good luck this year, I always pull for ya in your games, except against Boyd Buc that is.

I believe this is a first; a Boyd thread not started by reaction.

Haha don't get use to it MOTO.I heard there was some positives and negatives with the scrimmage. Over all, a good result I think for our first scrimmage. Like I said after last year, if our secondary plays well, we will have a very good year.

Thanks for the compliments. I hope for another game with Smith Co. this year in the play offs. Good luck this year, I always pull for ya in your games, except against Boyd Buc that is.

The night of the '05 playoff game I HAD to attend a business dinner in Chattanooga with my wife. We unknowingly rode back to the hotel with a Boyd Buc fan who immediately turned the radio onto the game when we got in the car. He had to check the score and see "how bad Boyd was beating Smith Co." It was absolutely hilarious when I told him I played at Smith Co. Since then I've kept an eye on Boyd Buc scores and he does the same with Smith Co. and he asks my wife occasionally how the Smith Co. guy is doing. Again, good luck this season and hopefully we'll meet up in the playoffs.

Boyd had a practice with Notre Dame yesterday, someone had asked how they did and I posted, but then I realized the person was asking in a Silverdale thread so I just copied and pasted what I said in there.

Heard both teams put in some good work. At the end they did 20plays for each varsity and jv.

In varsity, ND scored in the first 7 plays. Boyd did not score. Heard both defenses played good, and Notre Dame has a really good offense. Heard Boyd moved the ball at times and had a chance to score at the end on a play action, but it was executed so well the coaches blew the whistles thinking the man was down . Over all, heard both teams got some good work done against each other. I was not there, so i can not really tell ya too much except what I was told on the phone.

In JV, my source does not remember either team scoring.

Boyd had a practice with Notre Dame yesterday, someone had asked how they did and I posted, but then I realized the person was asking in a Silverdale thread so I just copied and pasted what I said in there.

Heard both teams put in some good work. At the end they did 20plays for each varsity and jv.

In varsity, ND scored in the first 7 plays. Boyd did not score. Heard both defenses played good, and Notre Dame has a really good offense. Heard Boyd moved the ball at times and had a chance to score at the end on a play action, but it was executed so well the coaches blew the whistles thinking the man was down . Over all, heard both teams got some good work done against each other. I was not there, so i can not really tell ya too much except what I was told on the phone.

In JV, my source does not remember either team scoring.

That's pretty much exactly what happened. You got a pretty good source reaction. I'll see you Friday night.

Just wanted to say good luck this season and GO BUCS! I for one am glad that the schedule has been tamed a bit (ok, a lot!) Playing bigger, better teams will make you better, but not if you do it every week. A couple of powerhouse programs on your schedule (remember, EVERY team on Boyds' schedule except Grace and SP is from a much larger school) will tell you what you need to know about being ready for playoff football. If you happen to be on a "down cycle" talent, depth and size wise then too many of these games will only get you a pile of injuries that you can't afford in a small school.

The trick is to not back 'er down too much!

Just wanted to say good luck this season and GO BUCS! I for one am glad that the schedule has been tamed a bit (ok, a lot!) Playing bigger, better teams will make you better, but not if you do it every week. A couple of powerhouse programs on your schedule (remember, EVERY team on Boyds' schedule except Grace and SP is from a much larger school) will tell you what you need to know about being ready for playoff football. If you happen to be on a "down cycle" talent, depth and size wise then too many of these games will only get you a pile of injuries that you can't afford in a small school.

The trick is to not back 'er down too much!

Good to see you back on here 37421. I hope to see you tomorrow night also. Bring your son with you, the team always likes to see one of their hero's. I sure would like to see him in Blue one more time.